Jack Darling (AVE):

AFL Rating Points: 6.35
Disposals: 8.5
Marks inside 50: 1
Goals: 1
Score Involvements: 3

Total Scored: 2.1 v 1.1 (JK)
Marks (AVG): 2.5 (JD) v 3.0 (JK)

How much longer can Jack Darling be debated?

Or just maybe our ball movement, pressure and repeat entries have been dismal and our team has been very ordinary except for one quarter against Melbourne.

Look I’m really not sure what the argument is here. Josh Kennedy is just average. Plain average. I mean 612 goals (3 of which came in a winning grand final by 5 points), 2 x Coleman Medals, 3 x All Australian guernseys and 6 x Club Leading Goalkicker.
I mean, that is just mediocre really 🙄
He is easily replaced. Bye JK. Off you go now 👏
Yep forget that if he didnt play in 2018 final series we would have not won the flag

JK looks like he lost his agility and strength that has made him such a great player, I love the guy, he is a great leader and a legend of our club. I dont think he will play every game this season. He will be managed, same for Shannon Hurn. Age catches up with everyone

I know he tailed off towards the end of last year, but TBF I don't think there's been a good KPF so far this season.

I'm not sure if it's the way the season has started, stopped started again, the shorter quarters, but he's not the Lone Ranger this year.
Reckon we will need to see another 3 or 4 games to get a good indication.

JK looks like he lost his agility and strength that has made him such a great player, I love the guy, he is a great leader and a legend of our club. I dont think he will play every game this season. He will be managed, same for Shannon Hurn. Age catches up with everyone
Yep. The guy is 33 in August. Not many key forwards go beyond 34 max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't be as good as he was tonight all the time, but the signs have been there since the Port Adelaide game that he was moving well. He will have some more poor games and good ones, but it is hard to see anyone doing better with the opposition's number 1 defender.

He played well tonight, but as folks pointed out - the two games he has hit big on the scoreboard he has had a bit of mismatch.

Great for him to get 4.4, but previously he would have kicked 7 of those 8.

Even tonight, there were moments and contests were you thought "oh, whe never would have dropped that two years ago" etc.

We have a big test next week, and no doubt Collingwood will send Moore to him, who is in good form.

Let's see how he goes against against a team in contention for the flag who have the best defense in the league.

He played well tonight, but as folks pointed out - the two games he has hit big on the scoreboard he has had a bit of mismatch.

Great for him to get 4.4, but previously he would have kicked 7 of those 8.

Even tonight, there were moments and contests were you thought "oh, whe never would have dropped that two years ago" etc.

We have a big test next week, and no doubt Collingwood will send Moore to him, who is in good form.

Let's see how he goes against against a team in contention for the flag who have the best defense in the league.
I think this applies equally to the midfield. We haven't really beaten anyone of note this year.

Josh Kennedy with a normal degree of accuracy is probably leading the Coleman.

0.3 against Sydney but played very very well, super active i50 and proved. A handful.
1.3 last week, same story.
4.4 tonight.

He’s on 11 with his woeful accuracy, the league leader has 15. Not bad for a washed up hack.

Josh Kennedy with a normal degree of accuracy is probably leading the Coleman.

0.3 against Sydney but played very very well, super active i50 and proved. A handful.
1.3 last week, same story.
4.4 tonight.

He’s on 11 with his woeful accuracy, the league leader has 15. Not bad for a washed up hack.

Yeah, his accuracy does seem a bit off atm. Think it could be down to conditioning?

Yeah, his accuracy does seem a bit off atm. Think it could be down to conditioning?

His kicks have always had a picturesque right to left swing, and this year that seems to have gone. Starts a lot of shots wide and they just don’t swing back.

I’m no goal kicking expert (my 2.8 against Christchurch sealed my fate as a forward and played CHB ever since), so I have no fix to offer, but just noticeable that his right to left swing has diminished a lot. His snaps are still gorgeous.

Taken as a whole, JK has been our best forward for the year. If we stopped death-riding him for a minute it would be obvious. If not for his misses, he'd be having a very good late-career season.

Perhaps that says more about Darling/Cripps/Ryan and their inconsistencies. Regardless, he currently sits 4th for shots on goal (25) and #1 is Papley/Dixon with 28.

He could still be very handy if we make it to the pointy end of the season.

His kicks have always had a picturesque right to left swing, and this year that seems to have gone. Starts a lot of shots wide and they just don’t swing back.

I’m no goal kicking expert (my 2.8 against Christchurch sealed my fate as a forward and played CHB ever since), so I have no fix to offer, but just noticeable that his right to left swing has diminished a lot. His snaps are still gorgeous.

Today, I was thinking about how it's undersold how good Kennedy is off both feet for a key forward, and then Robbo of all people wrote in his column about how he's the best left-foot-around-the-corner-kick for goal in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back