Josh P. Kennedy vs Joel Selwood

Kennedy vs Selwood

• Josh P. Kennedy

Votes: 120 69.0%
  • Joel Selwood

Votes: 54 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

8/8 votes so far for JPK. Wasn't expecting that. Their careers have been pretty opposite; Selwood was an A-grader from the start but has probably stagnated and hasn't played to his peak since about 2013. Kennedy has been playing elite football since then and has become a Top 5 player in the comp. If we're picking a player to play tomorrow, it has to be JPK but Selwood has been an amazing footballer for his whole career also, longer than Kennedy so for a total career overview, Selwood would be my man.

8/8 votes so far for JPK. Wasn't expecting that. Their careers have been pretty opposite; Selwood was an A-grader from the start but has probably stagnated and hasn't played to his peak since about 2013. Kennedy has been playing elite football since then and has become a Top 5 player in the comp. If we're picking a player to play tomorrow, it has to be JPK but Selwood has been an amazing footballer for his whole career also, longer than Kennedy so for a total career overview, Selwood would be my man.
The poll question is "who would you prefer?". To that extent it's not really a surprising result.

If the question was "who has been the better player?", it would be a much closer result. As you say, Selwood has been near the top for longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, summed up the bias in this poll in one little post. Kennedy MAY have had a better year this year, but Selwood was, is and always will be the better footballer
was taking the piss but i do think kennedy is the better footballer

past 3 seasons kennedy wins more of the ball has more contested possessions and wins more clearances

Kenneddy has been better recently. Selwood over his career. Having said that, I didn't see much AFL before 2012, so I've seen Kenneddy play better recently. If I had to choose one right now, it'd have to be Kenneddy; over their careers probably Selwood.

Kennedy has been the better player for the last couple seasons, it's as if you think there's a massive difference between the two in Selwoods favour when there really isn't.
No, the poll says a massive difference. I will say definitely better last year, maybe this year. Put there career accolades side by side and Kennedy is off the pace

Really good poll for mine. Have always been a massive fan of Selwood. Great leader, great player. Cant help but love Kennedy as well. So tough and strong. Selwood has been at the pointy end of the game longer and I think he is the better player overall and the one more likely to swing a game in the balance. I pick him.

Selwood has more runs on the board, so I'll go him for now. Kennedy catching up though.

No, the poll says a massive difference. I will say definitely better last year, maybe this year. Put there career accolades side by side and Kennedy is off the pace

Sometime polls can be misleading in terms of difference. If everyone on earth thinks player 1 is 1% better than player 2, then the poll will be player 1 = 100%, player 2 = 0%. Looks like a monumental difference but it's still only the 1%.

Have a feeling that might be the case here as most recognise that Kennedy has been better the last few seasons but Selwood started far stronger.

Back