Josh Poulter's 2017 Big Board and Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 40 Big Board - Updated 2/1/17

TP3qS7j.png
Hey POULTERBEAR are you going to regularly update your top 40?

Any word at all on young Connor McLeod? (Andrew's son) - I remember reading fairly impressive wraps on him a couple years back and know he was 'in the system' playing under 16's etc .. has he kicked on? a chance to be drafted?

Any word at all on young Connor McLeod? (Andrew's son) - I remember reading fairly impressive wraps on him a couple years back and know he was 'in the system' playing under 16's etc .. has he kicked on? a chance to be drafted?
Waiting for all the Highlander references will be fun if this any good.

Means nothing for 2017 draftees, for the next gen academy (indigenous and multicultural) in 2016 & 2017 at draft time, clubs nominate their next gen academy players and if they slip through all 3 drafts they're able to sign them as Category B rookies.
As of the 2018 draft though, the next gen academy will be in line with the northern states academy system and the father-son rules for the bidding system.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hawks-primed-to-land-next-generation-academy-forward
EXCITING forward Changkuoth Jiath leads a group of 11 draft prospects eligible to join clubs as Next Generation Academy players this year.

Jiath, who plays for the Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup and for Xavier College at school level in Melbourne, can join Hawthorn under the AFL's rules to boost the numbers of multicultural and indigenous talent in League ranks.

The lightly framed Jiath has impressed at stages this season across half-forward with his pace and endurance, and creative streak. He will be subject to the same bidding process as father-son and northern academy players if a rival club places a bid on him during the national NAB AFL Draft later this year in Sydney.

Has changkouth jiath gone up in your rankings at all ? Has been in the best for Xavier, just about every week , over the past month .
Do think he will be a steal at our first pick ( potentially 36 )

Has changkouth jiath gone up in your rankings at all ? Has been in the best for Xavier, just about every week , over the past month .
Do think he will be a steal at our first pick ( potentially 36 )

Had a very poor & sub-standard carnival....Rookie at best for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Procrastinator on Jiath.

Has some high quality attributes, but needs to work on his consistency, watched his game for VC against WA at the champs and had to a real raw ability.

Later pick to rookie I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back