Senior List
Apr 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Braybrook Sporting Club

Hi Guys,
been doing Mock Drafts and Big Boards over the past 2 years. Thought i'd finally like to share them with the whole BigFooty draft community in 2015 and beyond.

My previous published mock drafts throughout the year:

Mock Draft - February: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/02/25/2015-afl-mock-draft-february/

Big Board - March: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/03/03/2015-afl-draft-big-board-march/

Big Board - April: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/04/11/2015-afl-draft-big-board-april/

Mock Draft - Round 1: http://overthelinesports.com.au/index.php/2015/04/14/afl-mock-draft-round-1

Im always happy to discuss the draft with anyone, so feedback and suggestions welcome!

Mock Draft - 3rd of November

BmQWIfJ.png

WiAqsgS.png

vzzYmBq.png
2OR06pO.png

vbMlhya.png

Last edited:
Always appreciate different views. Heck of a lot to go but my initial views are:
Parish will slide a bit further unless he puts in more mid minutes. See him as a damaging flanker.
Weideman will go a bit higher. Call it gut feel ATM.
Not sure doggies will go Ah Cheers. Is more the x factor type.

Very good effort. Have to wait til championships; always a few bolters.

Always appreciate different views. Heck of a lot to go but my initial views are:
Parish will slide a bit further unless he puts in more mid minutes. See him as a damaging flanker.
Weideman will go a bit higher. Call it gut feel ATM.
Not sure doggies will go Ah Cheers. Is more the x factor type.

Very good effort. Have to wait til championships; always a few bolters.

Yeh think that Ah Chee is sorta what the Dogs need, they have serious talent but they need more pace to burn in their side. Parish and Weideman have the talent just need to show it in the TAC Cup and Champs.

when i first read this Mckenzie hadn't done his knee yet.Even after this I cant see the eagles going for a KPD in the first round.At a later stage its quite possible.I would say that speed will be on the agenda in the first round.
Could see us going for a KPF too at some stage as after McGovern we are a bit light on for reasonable depth and a replacement for kennedy should be drafted soon

How much footage have you seen of Eric Hipwood to have him in the top 22?
a little bit, he didnt play in the 2014 U18s cause of an injured pre-season, so he played in the U16s championships. Led the whole thing in Contested Marks and Scoring Shots and averaged 3 goals a game. Played well in 2 games in the NEAFL. Can also play in defense if needed

when i first read this Mckenzie hadn't done his knee yet.Even after this I cant see the eagles going for a KPD in the first round.At a later stage its quite possible.I would say that speed will be on the agenda in the first round.
Could see us going for a KPF too at some stage as after McGovern we are a bit light on for reasonable depth and a replacement for kennedy should be drafted soon
I had West Coast last year picking up Mitch McGovern, dont know why they didnt get a KPF, had plenty to choose from, i think they missed out badly not picking Brenton Payne

I'm hoping for Jacob Weitering, I think that he is a future gun CHB
& I'm not sold on all of the key defenders the Dogs currently have

definitely can agree that their needs to be more quality in the Dogs midfield
but if Tucker, Parish, Mathieson & the Academy players are not available I could probably see them going for O'Kearney before Ah Chee

I'm hoping for Jacob Weitering, I think that he is a future gun CHB
& I'm not sold on all of the key defenders the Dogs currently have

definitely can agree that their needs to be more quality in the Dogs midfield
but if Tucker, Parish, Mathieson & the Academy players are not available I could probably see them going for O'Kearney before Ah Chee
I Agree mate we need to build our spine At The Dogs . Its going to be a long rebuild bottom two i think wiith the experience we have lost . If Weitering Has A big year we need him . Class and Depth Power in our Back Half ! Years after that then recruit outside speed !

I really rate weitering. Easily best KPP in the draft for mine. Will be a gun CHB.

Edit: so much so that if we weren't getting Mills I would be all for trading up for him. Offering up our first and Hannebery for a chance at him. Not that would ever happen but that'd be how I'd rate him.

Last edited:
I really rate weitering. Easily best KPP in the draft for mine. Will be a gun CHB.

Edit: so much so that if we weren't getting Mills I would be all for trading up for him. Offering up our first and Hannebery for a chance at him. Not that would ever happen but that'd be how I'd rate him.

better draft prospect than Heeney, has better upside too him i reckon. If Swans can get both him and Dunkley, they will be pulling off the biggest draft heist in recent history

better draft prospect than Heeney, has better upside too him i reckon. If Swans can get both him and Dunkley, they will be pulling off the biggest draft heist in recent history

Completely agree. Wrapped if we get them both. Even if writing off 2016 draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn us for putting 6 years into one and the other being a f/s.

How terrible for Sydney, I feel so sorry for you. Imagine the agony of having a star talent have 6 years of training with the club before being guaranteed of getting drafted.

It's an absolute disgrace that the AFL have allowed this to happen to your poor, poor club.

How terrible for Sydney, I feel so sorry for you. Imagine the agony of having a star talent have 6 years of training with the club before being guaranteed of getting drafted.

It's an absolute disgrace that the AFL have allowed this to happen to your poor, poor club.

Really? A concessions rant from a Melbourne supporter?

LOL doesnt matter, by the time the draft rolls around Swans are going to paying that high of price for both Mills and Dunkley, they might only be able to draft one

Not ranting. Jus pointing out your hypocracy. If you supported pretty much any other club fair enough bit you don't.

Come back to me when the AFL give us our own Academy and a COLA.

You Sydney fans are pathetic, you're so used to being on a drip feed you've completely lost sight of what a level playing field is. Comparing what Melbourne has received compared to your mob have been given over the last couple of decades is hilarious.

Come back to me when the AFL give us our own Academy and a COLA.

You Sydney fans are pathetic, you're so used to being on a drip feed you've completely lost sight of what a level playing field is. Comparing what Melbourne has received compared to your mob have been given over the last couple of decades is hilarious.

Melbourne have had a lot more great draft picks than the Swans, not to mention all the priority picks, getting pick 2 for Frawley and having the AFL organise Paul Roos to coach you guys.

Actually we can draft both if we use all 4 of our assigned picks and trade for picks 23 and 24 so essentially we will be using 6 picks to get 2 players.
which unless they're already elites of the competition, is way too high to pay for any player, let alone 2 kids in the draft

Last edited:
Melbourne have had a lot more great draft picks than the Swans, not to mention all the priority picks, getting pick 2 for Frawley and having the AFL organise Paul Roos to coach you guys.

You forgot the $2 mill start of 2014 for Roos/Jackson. Also the bail outs in the mid 2000's. But you know :/

Keep going, because you're going to have to fill about two pages to match what Sydney has received. Comparing what you've just mentioned to the COLA and the academy (plus all the other financials 'gifts' that Sydney has received from the AFL in the past) is absolutely nothing.

I'll say it again, Sydney fans have become so used to having advantages over the rest of the competition it's now obvious that you lot just expect them going from this debate. Seriously comparing Melbourne getting a tier one compo because the Hawks decided to pay him $800k a year to your academy is an absolute. Try harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back