Player Watch Josh Rachele - Re-Signed to End of 2029

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's in his first year, any games he plays at AFL level is a bonus. you dont take risks with him!!
You do realise if he has niggles, then playing him in the SANFL will give you a similar risk of injuries compared with playing in AFL?
It’s only when he’s obviously injured where he can’t train, then he should be rested from playing. If he’s out of form or not with it mentally, then another small forward should take his place. The team selection and injury prevention are sort of separate issues.

weekend at bernies

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, GSW
You do realise if he has niggles, then playing him in the SANFL will give you a similar risk of injuries compared with playing in AFL?
It’s only when he’s obviously injured where he can’t train, then he should be rested from playing. If he’s out of form or not with it mentally, then another small forward should take his place. The team selection and injury prevention are sort of separate issues.
If he has niggles dont play him full stop.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon he's already been Crow'd. Seen the best of him early on and we won't see much more improvement for a couple of years. Seems to be the standard development curve for our young players

You have no idea how much I hate this post........

its accuracy sadly is not only true but a repeated pattern.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
I reckon he's already been Crow'd. Seen the best of him early on and we won't see much more improvement for a couple of years. Seems to be the standard development curve for our young players
I get there’s not too much to be excited about right now, but this seems a bit too Debbie Downer

He’s a first year small forward. There’s obviously going to be ups and downs in his first season. The class is obviously still there, he’ll be fine

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
He needs a bigger role.

Worth noting his opportunities as a pure small forward have dried up since we have gone 2-8 and Fog has lifted. Taking those SF chances away as well.

Needs the dual SF/Mid role Rowe has.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get there’s not too much to be excited about right now, but this seems a bit too Debbie Downer

He’s a first year small forward. There’s obviously going to be ups and downs in his first season. The class is obviously still there, he’ll be fine
Nah, he's rubbish, trade him now while we can still get something for him.

Another failed Hamish pick who's not in AA contention in his first year.

:rolleyes:

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah, he's rubbish, trade him now while we can still get something for him.

Another failed Hamish pick who's not in AA contention in his first year.

:rolleyes:
Has that been the criticism? Can you point to where that is the benchmark.

Most of us just want our first rounders to be quality players and you know we’ve had costly recent misses.

But hey you got some to like a bullshit point. Well done.

RePete

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have to get him back into the team as soon as he is ready. The only benefit of him playing in the SANFL is if we give him stints in the centre to learn the craft. Same for Pedlar and Soligo - should be attending multiple centre bounces each AFL game or fulltime SANFL mids. Changing your midfield setup is how you can quickly swing the momentum of games and score fast - would be nice if our AFL coaches & selectors would realise this.

chrisso crow

All Australian
Jul 27, 2020
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NA Roosters
Have to get him back into the team as soon as he is ready. The only benefit of him playing in the SANFL is if we give him stints in the centre to learn the craft. Same for Pedlar and Soligo - should be attending multiple centre bounces each AFL game or fulltime SANFL mids. Changing your midfield setup is how you can quickly swing the momentum of games and score fast - would be nice if our AFL coaches & selectors would realise this.
I'm actually not against him having a few weeks in the SANFL this year. He has had a good taste of AFL in his rookie year. I think he needs a break from the spotlight and release of some pressure, get back to enjoying his footy again. He looks a shell of the player he was in the first few games.

If he is to get back in the AFL team, I think he needs more opportunity than just being stuck in the forward line permanently, the odd stint on the ball/high forward may help him get some confidence back.

Jake Soligo says hi…

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Any chance for him to be back in the SANFL this week? What is the word on his fitness?
I can tell you this - Josh has been passed fit to play.
He was ready to play last weekend, but they chose not to play him, suggesting we would give him another week - just in case.
He was fit and available to play this weekend, but we chose not to pick him. We knew he would go another week without a game, but preferred McHenry and Murphy.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can tell you this - Josh has been passed fit to play.
He was ready to play last weekend, but they chose not to play him, suggesting we would give him another week - just in case.
He was fit and available to play this weekend, but we chose not to pick him. We knew he would go another week without a game, but preferred McHenry and Murphy.

Why didn't he play in the SANFL last weekend if he had been passed fit to play?

Seems to me that the club is being overly cautious with a potential young star. I Fail to see the negative.

Ah the good old AFC.

Have a young player ready to play, but instead choose to continually flog an injured senior player, despite their obvious poor form.

Will we ever learn?

These are your comments regarding Doedee. Why do you want the club to play an obviously limited Rachele?

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Why didn't he play in the SANFL last weekend if he had been passed fit to play?

Seems to me that the club is being overly cautious with a potential young star. I Fail to see the negative.

These are your comments regarding Doedee. Why do you want the club to play an obviously limited Rachele?
Rachele was passed fit and they decided to give him an extra week rest. Sure that's ok.
The next week however (V Carlton), we had a choice to pick him for AFL or he missed yet another week (SANFL bye). We chose not to pick him.

Will be very interesting this week. Do we pick him and drop a player after a good performance (unlikely if history is a guide), or does he play SANFL because he has missed so many weeks?

NSolis

All Australian
Jul 13, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rachele was passed fit and they decided to give him an extra week rest. Sure that's ok.
The next week however (V Carlton), we had a choice to pick him for AFL or he missed yet another week (SANFL bye). We chose not to pick him.

Will be very interesting this week. Do we pick him and drop a player after a good performance (unlikely if history is a guide), or does he play SANFL because he has missed so many weeks?
Would be shocked if he didn't come back through the SANFL. Doubt there will be any unforced changes this week except maybe Doedee coming back if he's fit.

Seeing how he can't be eligible for SANFL finals, surely Adelaide shuts Rachele down for the year now.

Back