Recommitted Josh Rotham [re-signed for three years]

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
OP by Sweet Jesus:

Opposition fans probably haven't seen a lot of Rotham but he's got the height, athleticism, skills and decision-making to be a very handy player. He's probably keeping Brander and Witherden out of the side currently.

And WC are reportedly now aware that they need to sign him up.

It would be annoying if someone poaches him for a pick in the 30s/40s.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Leads the league in marks - has to be the best KPD out of contract atm so maybe someone will offer him big overs to get him to leave home

He's an undersized KPD with good skills. I wouldn't expect him to be going for a 1st rounder though. late 2nd early 3rd probably but I think Eagles will keep him with Hurn most likely to retire.

MrKennedy17

Senior List
Jun 13, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Cole & Nelson being Vics more likely to leave.
Nelson just found himself out of top 25.
Cole will too suspect Witherden & Foley to push him out.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rotham is still young for a kpp so being dropped for poor performances shouldn't be something to analyze over or think he should look at playing elsewhere.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He was leading the comp for marks prior to being dropped the first time pretty stiff imo
How many of them are intercept marks though?
West Coast do just chip it around the back so high mark numbers not as impressive in that system.

Just compared with a few good intercept players from my team
Rotham 5.2 intercept possessions / game
Wil Powell 6.2 intercept possessions / game
Charlie Ballard 7.2 intercept possessions / game

TJG1996

Debutant
Jul 18, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He was leading the comp for marks prior to being dropped the first time pretty stiff imo
When more than half of them are getting ball kicked back to you on the switch by Barrass, McGovern, or Cole, that's not much of a stat. It's like saying "Zac Smith has a lot of hitouts, he's stiff to get dropped". Raw stats mean nothing without context.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I must be one of the few that rate him then very surprised he is still without a contract

young KPD that is about to enter his prime and has shown he is capable at the level
I love Josh but he isn’t a Key Position player at all. He is a natural flanker but we’ve managed to coach his attacking flare out of his game.

Back