Recommitted Josh Schache [contracted and staying at Western Bulldogs]

Xmc08

Debutant
Apr 19, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks good in the VFL with 5.4 in round 1 and is completely out of favour in AFL level with the coach preferring Bruce.

Never been good at AFL level, but could he finally be ready? Would cost a bag of chips, no chance the doggies get anything worthwhile for him.

Last edited:
Might need to change the Title of the Thread because he is contracted till 2022
If a team came knocking and Josh wanted to move on I doubt we'd stand in his way.
He's a bit like Ben Brown lite - often covers more kms than any other player on the paddock. More a flanker in a KPP body but he's AFL standard.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
1619241507998.png

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cant see any club trading for him but maybe a team like Collingwood might give him a chance as a Rookie if delisted
Hes a different player atm. Expecting him to do well when he replaces Timmy for a few weeks. Given the new rules as well are perfect for his game I think clubs would be mad not to try get him. Contracted another year too so dont think we will just give him away

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
If a team came knocking and Josh wanted to move on I doubt we'd stand in his way.
He's a bit like Ben Brown lite - often covers more kms than any other player on the paddock. More a flanker in a KPP body but he's AFL standard.

Reminds me so much of Brodie Miocek (sp??) from the Pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scray89

Debutant
Apr 23, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hes a different player atm. Expecting him to do well when he replaces Timmy for a few weeks. Given the new rules as well are perfect for his game I think clubs would be mad not to try get him. Contracted another year too so dont think we will just give him away
Lol what? He's played 2 games since 2019.

He is nothing until he proves it at AFL level. VFL form means nothing.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He’s honestly not that bad. Could see him at Richmond with Jack on the way out to be honest.
Correct, he kicked 24 goals in 14 games to finish 2019 when we made the finals. He’s a solid enough player and I’ve enough recently to suggest his physicality has made a step forward. I could easily see him 35-40 goals in a lot of teams.

Reminds me so much of Brodie Miocek (sp??) from the Pies.
Mihocek is an honest footballer, can't imagine he'd ever drop his head. I like him.

Schache is taller, has a better tank, is more naturally talented but isn't as competitive as Mihocek and when Josh goes missing, he goes missing badly.

Back