Recommitted Josh Schache [contracted and staying at Western Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

He has the skill and the talent, but lacks that bit of prick that you need as a key forward. If he had Naughton’s mongrel and attack he’d be a good player.
Thats been his issue since his 1st year , The Lions supporters were always saying the same thing
Just doesnt have that agro / drive / monrel / campaigner in him to be that hungry beast 200cm FF

Wouldnt surprise me to see de Goey getting traded at the end of the year

Yeah, seems the most logical way out of their mess. They would get some picks which would mean their 2022 first doesn't become pick 40 or so if they get Daicos. Grundy's contract is so big it makes him almost untradeable unless they want to pay 50%. Nobody else on the list is worth much to trade.

But they will probably re-sign DeGoey for a 5 year $5 million deal.

Can Schache play/become a defender? I think of jack lukosius whom was a forward when drafted but has now become a handy defender.

Can Schache play/become a defender? I think of jack lukosius whom was a forward when drafted but has now become a handy defender.
It’s been floated on our board a number of times. The general consensus is his lack of intensity would get even more exposed. But the same thing would have been said about Bailey Dale and he’s flying back there.

From the Dogs point of view they really have nothing to lose. He's only going to get a game in the forward line if we have a considerable injury list to our key forwards. We have a hole at KPD so it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work then so be it, it hasn't cost us anything given he'll likely try to move to another club if things stay as is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's slow to accelerate, so his opponent would get a small break on him every time they lead.
His fortes are endurance for his size and field kicking. If you want a marking flanker option who will cover 15kms+ per game, he's your guy. If you want a no 1 contested marking forward who can get a break on his defender, he's just not that player.

He's slow to accelerate, so his opponent would get a small break on him every time they lead.
His fortes are endurance for his size and field kicking. If you want a marking flanker option who will cover 15kms+ per game, he's your guy. If you want a no 1 contested marking forward who can get a break on his defender, he's just not that player.
Agree 100%. If you view him as a taller version of Adelaide’s Tom Lynch, I think he still has a lot to offer. He’s a very accurate kick and creative inside forward 50. If you view him as a key forward, you’ll be disappointed.

Yes if I'm the #1 goalkicking young key forward in the competition right now in a contract year my first thought is gonna be 'how can I swing this so I can get to North Melbourne?' Destination club.
Tbf it's not like he is playing at a decent club atm

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Thats been his issue since his 1st year , The Lions supporters were always saying the same thing
Just doesnt have that agro / drive / monrel / campaigner in him to be that hungry beast 200cm FF
Spot on, I went to his first training session at the Lions and he looked so happy/up and about to be there, also the forwards spent a good 15 minutes + having set shots, Josh would have had a dozen of so from varying angles and distances and they all slotted straight through the middle. I thought gee we have a bloody gun here(his 1st season with us at afl level showed a lot of promise), alas it was not to be.

He was so impressive in junior footy(IIRC kicked the most goals ever at the national carnival) because he was bigger physically and got separation easily, maybe with the new rules opening up leading patterns for forwards his lack of physicality wont be such a huge detriment, not holding my breath though, physicality is hard to teach and it's also unlikely for the player to suddenly turn it around himself IMO.

Yeah, seems the most logical way out of their mess. They would get some picks which would mean their 2022 first doesn't become pick 40 or so if they get Daicos. Grundy's contract is so big it makes him almost untradeable unless they want to pay 50%. Nobody else on the list is worth much to trade.

But they will probably re-sign DeGoey for a 5 year $5 million deal.
Why would we trade Grundy? Big deal but our best player atm.

Pretty confident his time at the dogs is done. Spent almost half the game on the bench and it wasn't because of his endurance. Bevo just didn't want him on the ground.

Career defining game tonight - Josh showed he doesnt have the hunger,grunt to be a AFL foward that can perform at a consistent enough level

Liam Jones made it as a defender maybe he has a go there otherwise career over

Career defining game tonight - Josh showed he doesnt have the hunger,grunt to be a AFL foward that can perform at a consistent enough level

Liam Jones made it as a defender maybe he has a go there otherwise career over
Highly doubt he will get another game with us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back