Traded Josh Schache [Traded to Melbourne for F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Or, you know, Bell has seen him play. Josh has a future as an oversized flanker but not as a key position player which is what Freo need.

Good endurance and field kicking so might get on a list next year somewhere.
Got me there. We always say we're not interested even if we're not interested.

We’ve done really well with token inclusion “Free to a good home” players lately. We’re losing one in Acres for more trade Capital and it wouldn’t be the end of the world getting this bloke as back to our most weakest line. Especially if he’s basically free with the Lobb trade.
Only way it might work is if he turns into a solid winger, which some suggest may be possible due to tank, field kicking ability and underrated defensive nous. Or he could just be as s**t there as he is in the forward line.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’d have to wonder if Ned Guy is back in charge at Collingwood if they move Grundy on and bring in McStay, Frampton and Schache.

I actually think he can be a serviceable player in a better system.

The Bulldogs forwards often have to compete against an extra defender and Schache is not aggressive in the air (but has improved this year) so he doesn't bring the ball to ground as much as our coaches would like which is the main reason why I think he hasn't got regular games.

He also isn't quick off the mark but has great endurance. Unfortunately we are terrible at hitting up leads so when he's in space we are likely to kick over his head.

The positives are that he is a beautiful kick, both for goals and in field, so when he does get the ball something good will usually come of it

He is also quite an intelligent forward and is good at creating space for his teammates. I've often felt that our forward line functioned better when his in it, even if he doesn't get much of the ball himself. He did a great job in last year's finals shutting down Aliir Aliir so can do a job if given a clear task.

He averaged 2 goals a game when he played the last 10 games of 2019 which was incidentally also the period where our forward line functioned the best under bevo's tenure (perhaps along with the start of 2021.

I feel like he would suit Collingwood really well because the way they rebound aggressively would allow him to find space pushing up and back and he'd link up or finish really well. The only problem is he might be a liability defensively.

Anyway I hope he gets a shot at another club.

I actually think he can be a serviceable player in a better system.

The Bulldogs forwards often have to compete against an extra defender and Schache is not aggressive in the air (but has improved this year) so he doesn't bring the ball to ground as much as our coaches would like which is the main reason why I think he hasn't got regular games.

He also isn't quick off the mark but has great endurance. Unfortunately we are terrible at hitting up leads so when he's in space we are likely to kick over his head.

The positives are that he is a beautiful kick, both for goals and in field, so when he does get the ball something good will usually come of it

He is also quite an intelligent forward and is good at creating space for his teammates. I've often felt that our forward line functioned better when his in it, even if he doesn't get much of the ball himself. He did a great job in last year's finals shutting down Aliir Aliir so can do a job if given a clear task.

He averaged 2 goals a game when he played the last 10 games of 2019 which was incidentally also the period where our forward line functioned the best under bevo's tenure (perhaps along with the start of 2021.

I feel like he would suit Collingwood really well because the way they rebound aggressively would allow him to find space pushing up and back and he'd link up or finish really well. The only problem is he might be a liability defensively.

Anyway I hope he gets a shot at another club.
I've noticed this a few times I've seen him, he seems to do a lot of unheralded stuff like making decoy leads and clearing out space for other forwards to lead into.

I guess another option is to be purely the lead-up forward who can use his kicking skills to deliver inside 50, without the need to be so physical as a KPF.

I've noticed this a few times I've seen him, he seems to do a lot of unheralded stuff like making decoy leads and clearing out space for other forwards to lead into.

I guess another option is to be purely the lead-up forward who can use his kicking skills to deliver inside 50, without the need to be so physical as a KPF.
He'd play the role Rohan does for you fairly well really but just needs a Hawkins and Cameron to take all the attention away from him

Wouldn’t so no to him going to freo… need a forward, I mean Logue played CHF this year he’s an improvement on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't be any worse than Logue up forward.
As noted above, he's the complete opposite.
Logue is tough and athletic. Doesn't seem a natural forward
Schache is smart and highly skilled, good football brain but soft and lacks intensity.

If you're comparing the two, Schache will have better games forward and an absolute howler one game in three. You could probably lose Logue, grab a pick and free up cap space, and Schache could step in and provide similar (lowish) output for a late pick and half the contract or less.

He still has the ability to kick 35ish goals a season in the right situation as the 2nd key forward. Josh needs to move to a club that has a number 1 KPF sorted as well as a genuine FWD/Ruck alongside him.
So that would be the Bulldogs, with Naughton as the genuine KPF sorted and English FWD/Ruck alongside him.

So that would be the Bulldogs, with Naughton as the genuine KPF sorted and English FWD/Ruck alongside him.
We haven’t had a FWD/Ruck option in our team at all this year, with Schache used in that role in the few games he played which he cannot do well enough.

Beveridge never gave him a consistent run at the role he is best suited to.

We haven’t had a FWD/Ruck option in our team at all this year, with Schache used in that role in the few games he played which he cannot do well enough.

Beveridge never gave him a consistent run at the role he is best suited to.
Because he shat the bed every 2/3 weeks kid has talent for sure but just hasn't got it between the ears for the top level

SEN reporting that Melbourne are considering making a play

I'd expect his value is in the order of Weideman, Schache's well liked so a token late pick gets the deal done if he wants to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back