• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly! Ill forever have a place in my heart for J.McMahon!
He netted us pick 19, which was Callan Ward who went to GWS netting us pick 6 in compo (Jackson Macrae) who was 2nd in the B&F in his second season, and kicked the sealer against GWS in the 2016 prelim.

I like Jordy as well :)

He netted us pick 19, which was Callan Ward who went to GWS netting us pick 6 in compo (Jackson Macrae) who was 2nd in the B&F in his second season, and kicked the sealer against GWS in the 2016 prelim.

I like Jordy as well :)

I'd like to ask everyone to stand up and toast your glasses to the real unsung hero....

Seeing how the lions rate him so high and no one else is interested, just take him back to Brizzy tell him you will try again next year and see how that goes.....
First blast he gets fromnthe coach or first sand dune pre season run he is packing his backs and coming home again.... the lions know it and so does everyone else

So if we acknowledge that Brisbane did everything possible and we still saw what we saw in 2017, surely Brisbane would be looking to salvage something/anything now then possibly a year or two he could go as a delisted free agent.

Yeah nah again. The guy just signed a two year contract meaning he’s okay to stick it out - which he was every intention of doing before we said we’d test the market and try and get him home.

I’d much rather hold him for the next two years and see if we can turn him in to the player he has the potential to be than trade him out for cents on the dollar. If he doesn’t come on and ends up getting traded in two years time for pick 60 that’s a risk I’d be willing to take.

Seeing how the lions rate him so high and no one else is interested, just take him back to Brizzy tell him you will try again next year and see how that goes.....
First blast he gets fromnthe coach or first sand dune pre season run he is packing his backs and coming home again.... the lions know it and so does everyone else

I reckon I’ve seen about 20 posts of yours itt and they’ve all been some variation of the same two or three points which bring nothing remotely interesting, different or intelligent to the conversation.

If I makes ou feel better, you’re not the only one guilty of this in here but congratulations on your consistency.

I reckon I’ve seen about 20 posts of yours itt and they’ve all been some variation of the same two or three points which bring nothing remotely interesting, different or intelligent to the conversation.

If I makes ou feel better, you’re not the only one guilty of this in here but congratulations on your consistency.

Thats because like many lions supporters on here you continually over rate him and are living in a dream world as no one wants him or are prepared to offer anything like what you want.
Here is a guy thats a former 2 pick, gun KPF that wants out, you want to help him out but no one wants him, no one has done a medical, no interviews and your own club wont even nominate their asking price....

The lions played games and its back fired so just take him back, make up like grown men and both club and player get a backbone, the fact that you need to bring back a retired bloke like Hodge is evudence of this.

Take your plethora of first round picks to the draft to add to your number 1 pick next year and in 5 years when your kids have grown up (if they are still at the club) and your winning games come back and tell us all about it.

It's not about Schache v Franklin. The whole original post was to do with McGuane being wrong about contested marking ability and blaming it on the U18s when clearly it isn't the case.

That's pretty much it. I would have thought that anyone with at least rudimentary comprehension skills would have been able to discern what the main point was. My original comment was clearly about McGuane's article.

So 160 pages later and the only conclusion is that a lot of opposition supporters couldn't give 2 shits about players from other teams unless they can get them for cheap. And if not just blatantly make stuff up and just generally s**t post. The media have also clearly shown to be bastions of professional journalism which has helped fuel the bullshit storm.

I've never been a fan of locking/closing threads as it's censorship but it's quite clear this thread doesn't need to be kept open any longer. Especially when there are too many posts mocking someones mental health.

Should only reopen it if there is any actual news.

That's pretty much it. I would have thought that anyone with at least rudimentary comprehension skills would have been able to discern what the main point was. My original comment was clearly about McGuane's article.

I think most judges acknowledge the kid has talent and is potentially a star, the question is where is his head at, how much effort is required to stabilize and get the best out of him and much much have the lions done or are doing to hurt his future.

So 160 pages later and the only conclusion is that a lot of opposition supporters couldn't give 2 shits about players from other teams unless they can get them for cheap. And if not just blatantly make stuff up and just generally s**t post. The media have also clearly shown to be bastions of professional journalism which has helped fuel the bullshit storm.

I've never been a fan of locking/closing threads as it's censorship but it's quite clear this thread doesn't need to be kept open any longer. Especially when there are too many posts mocking someones mental health.

Hang on, the lions have said there are no health issues, your own posters are saying he is just homesick and everything is ok so either there is issues or there isn't you cant have it both ways.

To be honest i think the kid has the potentiall to be a star but he is damaged goods for whatever reason and will probably never make it in the AFL and i think the Lions and most AFL clubs realise this.

The sound of Lions supporters slapping themselves on the back over their player care is deafening.

The whole thing stinks of hypocrisy. If the Lions actually rated Schache they'd be up in arms just like they were over every other player that wanted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially when the Lions as a club are copping an absolute hammering, and rightly so, blind freddy could see through your clubs bullshit here.

Hang on, the lions have said there are no health issues, your own posters are saying he is just homesick and everything is ok so either there is issues or there isn't you cant have it both ways.

No one is having it both ways. No one from the lions is saying this isn't anything other then a player being homesick. The issue I have is the many posts that go along the lines of "Wonder why he wants out of Brisbane, must be something wrong with him".

Even your own post has the comment "the kid has the potential to be a star but he is damaged goods for whatever reason".

What makes him damaged goods. Lots of players get homesick, why is this being treated any differently. The tweet from Jon Ralph and the immediate reply of "Wonder why no one wants him. Must be something going on behind the scenes" is another perfect example of this.

Why is it so hard to believe he was exploring his options because he was genuinely home sick, has looked at some of the options available, discussed with Brisbane but has decided best option is to stay?

From the very start the Lions position was always we are happy to keep him and he will stay but because he is homesick we will be willing to allow him to move back home if an appropriate deal can be made. Clearly we haven't had anything that we are comfortable with so he will most likely stay. But we have always said we wanted to keep him and even he and his manager have said he will play in Brisbane if the deal can't be made.

Clearly some in the media are all to keen to make s**t up about this and many posters here are all to happy to oblige. Why else are there comments about him being damaged goods. It's all bullshit and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

This thread is many many pages longer then it should be and stopped being a genuine discussion thread about a possible trade a long time ago.

The sound of Lions supporters slapping themselves on the back over their player care is deafening.

The whole thing stinks of hypocrisy. If the Lions actually rated Schache they'd be up in arms just like they were over every other player that wanted out.

It's a very different club now. Shaming players who want to go didn't work and if you didn't notice, the football dept is totally different.

No one is having it both ways. No one from the lions is saying this isn't anything other then a player being homesick. The issue I have is the many posts that go along the lines of "Wonder why he wants out of Brisbane, must be something wrong with him".

Even your own post has the comment "the kid has the potential to be a star but he is damaged goods for whatever reason".

What makes him damaged goods. Lots of players get homesick, why is this being treated any differently. The tweet from Jon Ralph and the immediate reply of "Wonder why no one wants him. Must be something going on behind the scenes" is another perfect example of this.

Why is it so hard to believe he was exploring his options because he was genuinely home sick, has looked at some of the options available, discussed with Brisbane but has decided best option is to stay?

From the very start the Lions position was always we are happy to keep him and he will stay but because he is homesick we will be willing to allow him to move back home if an appropriate deal can be made. Clearly we haven't had anything that we are comfortable with so he will most likely stay. But we have always said we wanted to keep him and even he and his manager have said he will play in Brisbane if the deal can't be made.

Clearly some in the media are all to keen to make s**t up about this and many posters here are all to happy to oblige. Why else are there comments about him being damaged goods. It's all bullshit and adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

This thread is many many pages longer then it should be and stopped being a genuine discussion thread about a possible trade a long time ago.

Ok great if you are so happy to keep him good luck to you, why do you need to keep defending him here on a trade thread, as you say he is happy at and in brisbane and the lions are happy to have him then we should expect to see a 3rd year pick 2 star player of his capability (tracking better than Franklin was one comment) tearing up the AFL and kicking bags for the lions next year...look forward to it and congrats for keeping him.

Please, it’s more than homesickness.

Pick 2 KPF that nobody wants?

That means everyone thinks he’s a bust.

I understand it pretty clearly. The Li Me understand Schache is homesick. They understand he is not playing his best footy this year because of it. They can’t seem to get him to overcome it. They continually have given him time off to go home. The suggest he not play in the grand final because he is exhausted. Again they suggest he go home.

Now they are open to a trade for him to go back home for his ‘own welfare’.

HOWEVER, HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNLESS THE LIONS ARE GIVEN WHAT THEY WANT! If the Lions don’t get it, that’s bad luck. The kid can stay in Brisbane and learn to like it. Forget about him being homesick. Forget about his ‘welfare’.

Great club. I’m sure that is in his best interests.

Brisbane supporters, do you understand that when your club says “if a deal isn’t done we’re happy for him to come back” it doesn’t actually mean you’d be happy for that to happen??

It’s standard negotiation language and nothing more.

Some people reading wayyyy too much into official trade statements.

Brisbane supporters, do you understand that when your club says “if a deal isn’t done we’re happy for him to come back” it doesn’t actually mean you’d be happy for that to happen??

It’s standard negotiation language and nothing more.

Some people reading wayyyy too much into official trade statements.

Didn't Richmond try and turf Martin a few years ago?

Back