• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i've looked at all this year's draft picks very closely and imo he would go at pick 15

As someone who's been watching and studying junior football live for years and years now(I'm not suggesting you don't), he'd be in my top 3 at the same age. Still a lot of development to come out of this years crop in the coming months however.

For mine Schache is certainly worth a top 10 pick. His debut year was very good for a young tall often taking the best defender. Admittedly, he has struggled this year in a side that's currently missing majority of it's midfield bar Beams and Zorko. He'd benefit a a great deal by being able to take the #2 defender. KPF's take a lot longer to develop.

Matchbank, Docherty and Jaksch were poached and did not cost much. We are talking about value and Schache is simply not worth a top 10 pick - this is all I am saying.
A questionable attitude is OK as long as they don't cost as much? I can see the logic there with those three et al.

i've looked at all this year's draft picks very closely and imo he would go at pick 15
As someone who's been watching and studying junior football live for years and years now(I'm not suggesting you don't), he'd be in my top 3 at the same age. Still a lot of development to come out of this years crop in the coming months however.
I was wondering the same thing re where he would go in this years draft at the same age so I put the question to Knightmare on the PD board and he would have him at number 6 in this years draft which I thought was a bit low considering KM had him below Sam Hayes and Jarrod Brander. Here is KMs reply to my question- thanks Knightmare :thumbsu:

I'll still need to settle on where I rate this years talents and just how highly I regard their upside. After the u18 champs I'll probably have a stronger opinion. I'd also watch for whether Schache makes any meaningful inroads between now and seasons end, or whether he continues his form slump.

Ask me now. Pick 6 is where I'd place Schache in this draft - behind Rayner, Davies-Uniacke, Brander, Fogarty and Hayes if I was to add Schache to my May draft board.

Will request a trade to Tigerland and a fair deal will be struck.
For the most part it's what does a fair deal look like.

If Schache goes to the Tigers, "I" would want both first round draft picks, and I'd still call it a major loss for Brisbane. Because; one I do not want to lose Schache, two Ballenden is a different player to Schache and does not have the same ceiling as Schache, three I would much prefer a single top 5 pick than two mid/late first round picks, four because I don't rate this draft particularly beyond about pick 8, five especially in a first round that looks to be dominated by Vic City kids, and even the top rated Vic Country kid wants to stay in Victoria.

Probably a pick around 12 and a future second rounder
Sounds slightly unders to me but if push came to shove we would probably take it IMO. I would prefer you to miss the 8 (sorry) and we take your 1st pick and call it quits. Would rather one pick in the 5-8 range than the 2 you suggested.

Jase, we better open up the deathriding Richmond thread.

We can still get that pick 12 down to pick 6
images
Lets get it started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the most part it's what does a fair deal look like.

If Schache goes to the Tigers, "I" would want both first round draft picks, and I'd still call it a major loss for Brisbane. Because; one I do not want to lose Schache, two Ballenden is a different player to Schache and does not have the same ceiling as Schache, three I would much prefer a single top 5 pick than two mid/late first round picks, four because I don't rate this draft particularly beyond about pick 8, five especially in a first round that looks to be dominated by Vic City kids, and even the top rated Vic Country kid wants to stay in Victoria.

You may want it but I doubt you will get it. If you can squeeze it out of them , good luck to you but I doubt it.

Wouldn't mind miles thrown is a part of the deal. Don't think Richmond would fight too hard over his value given they hardly play him at the moment. We need more contested ball players
Miles and our earliest 1st rounder would be a good deal for both clubs and pretty close to fair IMO.

Miles and our earliest 1st rounder would be a good deal for both clubs and pretty close to fair IMO.

1st round draft picks are like brand new cars.

The moment you drive them out on the road they lose 20% of their value.

He is worth 1, top 10 pick, no more, especially after his horrid season, and especially if he comes out as expected and nominates the tigers as the club of his choice.

He is worth 1, top 10 pick, no more, especially after his horrid season, and especially if he comes out as expected and nominates the tigers as the club of his choice.

What if we don't have a top 10 pick? If we gave them our pick 14+16 and got their 19 back that would give him an overall value of pick 12. That still seems too steep for me. I'd prefer we just go the free agency route...

I don't think we will have a top 10 pick. If we do then yes I agree. If we don't then pick 12-14 and Miles is still a good deal for all parties.

Pick 10-12 is enough

Mate, I don't know what world you live in but cars do not magically drop 20% as soon as you have them out on the road... Boyd had a very average first season and look what GWS got for him. These arbitrary statements of draftees losing value the moment they are drafted is just rubbish.

Schache held value after his first season and probably slightly lost value from this year. He is worth a pick around the 5 mark.

He is a top 2 draft pick who had an outstanding first year. Some people seem very happy to accept this years performances as what his value should be judged on, which is crazy considering clubs arent offering him healthy contracts based on his 2017 form.

If Brisbane got offered pick 12 for example, i think they would be asking for something substantially more (to get the trade value closer to the pick 5 mark).

Mate, I don't know what world you live in but cars do not magically drop 20% as soon as you have them out on the road... Boyd had a very average first season and look what GWS got for him. These arbitrary statements of draftees losing value the moment they are drafted is just rubbish.

Schache held value after his first season and probably slightly lost value from this year. He is worth a pick around the 5 mark.

He is a top 2 draft pick who had an outstanding first year. Some people seem very happy to accept this years performances as what his value should be judged on, which is crazy considering clubs arent offering him healthy contracts based on his 2017 form.

If Brisbane got offered pick 12 for example, i think they would be asking for something substantially more (to get the trade value closer to the pick 5 mark).

If you buy a brand new car and then sell it as a used car, I can assure you that it loses value, alot of value.

Schache is not worth pick 5, he has done nothing to be worth pick 5, as of today he is on stress leave and has been playing with the brisbane reserves.

I know this not a reality that you want to hear, but unfortunately you are going to have to get used to it.

If you buy a brand new car and then sell it as a used car, I can assure you that it loses value, alot of value.

Schache is not worth pick 5, he has done nothing to be worth pick 5, as of today he is on stress leave and has been playing with the brisbane reserves.

I know this not a reality that you want to hear, but unfortunately you are going to have to get used to it.
Get used to it? Lions fans have had 5 years of this. We all know how it works. The difference is this isn't a fire sale like 2013. Brisbane holds some bargaining power here.

Schache had an outstanding first year and that counts. He is worth around pick 5 in a trade without doubt.

Don't really want to get into it, but if you buy a car brand new, drive it for a few 100km's and then sell it, you will not lose 20%...

Get used to it? Lions fans have had 5 years of this. We all know how it works. The difference is this isn't a fire sale like 2013. Brisbane holds some bargaining power here.

Schache had an outstanding first year and that counts. He is worth around pick 5 in a trade without doubt.

Don't really want to get into it, but if you buy a car brand new, drive it for a few 100km's and then sell it, you will not lose 20%...
Well he's right cars do lose value after you drive them.
But cars don't increase there performance after 3-4 years of ownership, so not a great comparison.

Back