Kickett Punches Read

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2008
dullsville
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Mandurah Football Club
Where to now for josh Simpson? For over a year now, he has been unable to adapt to the afl environment. This is well documented. It is concerning that he could play so well last weekend, and then on the space of 5 days go back to not committing, and being out of the team... Has he spat the dummy by not being in the team this week? What's going on here? He is seemingly throwing away his opportunity as an afl player. Maybe he needs to get the Michael Walters treatment? But that may just make the situation worse. He was passed over by 16 other clubs because of his personal situation.... They are starting to look smart at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was passed over by 16 other clubs because of his personal situation.... They are starting to look smart at the moment.

As dramatic as that sounds, he went at #17 in the compromised GWS draft. So only 11 teams picked ahead of us, and they didn't pass because of his personal situation. They 'passed' because there were other players who were rated higher than Josh. It's not like he was the best player in the draft, who dropped because teams were scared of him. He was drafted right in the middle of his range.

I'm backing him and the club to sort it out.
Too early to to write him off yet.
This.
Guys here had written of Walters, he came back. Simpson was written off pre season for being uninterested and out of shape and proved last week how much potential he has. Unless the club has announced his delisting it's business as usual IMO. They will deal with as they have dealt so well with everything in recent history.
This too shall pass.

Disappointing to say the least, purely from the perspective of him taking up a spot on your list that some young keen kid could of made a career out of and now will sadly be a waste. These indigenous kids are forcing recruiters to take notice that they are finicky and hard to "make work" and commit to a rigid lifestyle of hard work and ethic, I wouldn't pick one these days if I were a recruiter.

Disappointing to say the least, purely from the perspective of him taking up a spot on your list that some young keen kid could of made a career out of and now will sadly be a waste. These indigenous kids are forcing recruiters to take notice that they are finicky and hard to "make work" and commit to a rigid lifestyle of hard work and ethic, I wouldn't pick one these days if I were a recruiter.
Was cousins aboriginal??
Nothing wrong with them, they are just like any other group of people a few winners and a whole lot of losers

Is this s**t really needed on our board?

Pathetic.:thumbsdown:

Best you tell Hawthorn to delist Bradley Hill and go have a yarn with Wirra about how he was such a s**t footy player and bad role model amongst your team of drug fuqued head cases.

Seriously, just go away.

The OP has long had it in for Josh Simpson and needs to eat a bag.

Card for this racist?

Racist stereotype remarks like this should have no place on here ,mods please remove:mad::thumbsdown:

Wow... Did you even read what you just posted? Typical right wing racist rubbish spouted by a west coast supporter. Get the heck out of here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where to now for josh Simpson? For over a year now, he has been unable to adapt to the afl environment. This is well documented. It is concerning that he could play so well last weekend, and then on the space of 5 days go back to not committing, and being out of the team... Has he spat the dummy by not being in the team this week? What's going on here? He is seemingly throwing away his opportunity as an afl player. Maybe he needs to get the Michael Walters treatment? But that may just make the situation worse. He was passed over by 16 other clubs because of his personal situation.... They are starting to look smart at the moment.

s**t OP laden with pure speculation and personal confirmation bias and untruths.

Unwanted, not needed and should be locked.

Also gives an opportunity for the mentally challenged, see above, to air their racist s**t.

Just crap all round.:thumbsdown:

LOCK IT PLEASE!

Lewis Jetta>>>>>Brad Shepherd. I would still back Freo to make it work. And part of that would be keeping its actions out of the media.

Congrats you've just made the most ridiculous post in BF history. So because Josh missed a flight, Aboriginal kids aren't worth the risk? I suppose West coast grabbing 'Wirra' was a mistake? Aren't the Matera's of Aboriginal descent? I guess Adelaide is spewing it picked up Mcleod, Sydney screwed up by grabbing Goodes, Jetta and O'Loughlin. Buddy and Cyril have been nothing but trouble for Hawthorn, but Essendon takes the cake with it's recruitment of Michael Long. What a spud! i haven't even scratched the surface either. The game is littered with aboriginal talent that not only have natural gifts but a work ethic to boot. None of the guys I mentioned (and many I haven't) wouldn't be half the players they were without a work ethic. Freo has been blessed with a plethora of indiginous talent that also worked it's butt off. Blaming isolated cases on race, culture or whatever is beyond stupid. Personally, I think recruiters should stay away from players with surnames like 'Cousins', 'Chick', and 'Newman'. Too much trouble and they don't want to commit to the training and discipline required to play afl. I know being an egirls supporter stopping for a second and thinking is difficult, but it might save you looking like a prized knobber in the future.

Josh was flown over to the 2012 draft on the Gold Coast, as they generally fly over the top 20 players tipped to be picked.

Just before the draft occurred, news broke that Josh was father at 17 and would be prone to homesickness. Earlier that year Matt Rendell made his now-infamous comment about only drafting Aboriginal players with at least one white parent and was sacked as result.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/sorry-rendell-im-not-racist-20120319-1vg7l.html#ixzz2zI50OsBR

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...aft-josh-simpson/story-e6frg6n6-1226519129749

Then we had the Dayle Garlett incident with Hawthorn.

Freo knew it was a risk in drafting him, just like it was when we drafted Scott Gumbleton.

Let's just hope that Josh can get back on track.

s**t thread:close thread.
In all rule governed ecosystems 'FAILURE TO ADAPT' as the OP asserts results in death and extinction.
The Yalgoo Flash is still alive and kicking,and on our list.
Have some intelligence and respect.

It's not a s**t thread, it's a completely justified thread. He plays his (basically) first game, plays OK, and the next week he cops a club suspension because he doesn't show up to the airport to get on a plane with the rest of the team.

If that's not threadworthy then this place would be a ghost town.

The discussion point is why, and I gather there's a bit more to it than attitude. He could well have some hangers on that have suddenly appeared on his front door.

Pretty disappointing thread.

He missed a flight, it's not like he's taken Mrs Lyon on a sex and drug fuelled bender.

If anyone blew a meeting off in their work, the first thing to occur would be discussion about why they didnt attend (from those inside and outside the tend), the gossip mills would churn.

Much the same with Simpson with no showing the flight,he will be asked for an explanation, probably be counselled internally and then watched like a hawk for a bit.

and if he doesnt conform, he'll be out the door (like has happened before and will continue to happen)

It's not a s**t thread, it's a completely justified thread. He plays his (basically) first game, plays OK, and the next week he cops a club suspension because he doesn't show up to the airport to get on a plane with the rest of the team.

If that's not threadworthy then this place would be a ghost town.

The discussion point is why, and I gather there's a bit more to it than attitude. He could well have some hangers on that have suddenly appeared on his front door.

I hear what you're saying, however

1.) The OP poster has a history of bagging the s**t out of Simpson with no justification and pre-conceived bias and ignorance.
2.) The OP itself is full of mindless speculation and utterly stupid conclusion jumping.
3.) The way the OP is crafted opens it up for more mindless speculation and even racism as we have seen already.

Happy to discuss the issue, but some balance and common sense would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back