Remove this Banner Ad

TheSierBear

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
soft spot for Carlton out of pity
No player watch thread on this guy. Feel that after a long lay-off he's running into some form. I reckon he's going to string a good month or so of footy together and break into the senior side. Discuss.

The problem is he is yet another smallish midfield with only average footskills. We have Treloar and Adams already fulfilling that!

He is one of the more natural roving mids I've seen, with a real knack of getting clearances and bursting away with speed. He seemed to be cutting a niche up forward and was proving a decent crumber. Maybe there's a role there.

He can play, and his form at VFL is good. Has to be promoted off the rookie list as well though.

His form at the start of the season was horrible. I think he has started to get a lot better the last 2 games. He might just be useful in the second half of the season if injuries strike harder, and I still maintain he is one of the best first dibs clearance mids we have when on song.

His first few VFL games this year were putrid, and there was a half a few weeks back where he was absolutely terrible (Sandy game if I remember correctly), and Scott Burns reportedly cornered him in the rooms at half time and questioned whether he wanted it or not.

The second half of that game, and since, has been good enough that he should be in the squad of 25 this week at least.

He's got a chance of a future, more then the other bloke he served time with anyway.

Liked him as a kid could see some potential but was savaged by injuries.
Glad to hear he seems to be tracking in the right direction,you would think he will need to be kicking the door down to make it from here.
Hope the kid makes it for his and the clubs sake,alot of faith and resources have gone into a second chance.
We all make mistakes.

Bit of a funny one, Josh. He was always viewed as that kid with heaps and heaps of talent but feet issues held him up him from kicking his career off.

When he finally got his body right, he was on a constant build to the point where he was becoming a regular best 22 player, capable of 30 touches and a couple of goals.

Usually when people are injured (or suspended), fans start rating them more and more. They become better players than what they actually are or ever will be. For some reason Thomas and also Langdon are different.

People are giving Essendon's players every chance to find their fitness and form. Thomas should be given twice that, and more. He, like Shaz, had missed a lot of footy at the commencement of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a funny one, Josh. He was always viewed as that kid with heaps and heaps of talent but feet issues held him up him from kicking his career off.

When he finally got his body right, he was on a constant build to the point where he was becoming a regular best 22 player, capable of 30 touches and a couple of goals.

Usually when people are injured (or suspended), fans start rating them more and more. They become better players than what they actually are or ever will be. For some reason Thomas and also Langdon are different.

People are giving Essendon's players every chance to find their fitness and form. Thomas should be given twice that, and more. He, like Shaz, had missed a lot of footy at the commencement of his career.

Agree with this. Is coming from such a long way back, 2 and a half years now without playing an AFL game. He had some great games for us in 2013/14. VFL form is starting to look encouraging, personally would let him dominate the 2s for a while yet before considering upgrading him. Plays a similar role to many others on the list too.

People are quick to judge. I think he is away off senior selection, but the Collingwood injury curse is yet to hit! At this stage he is a good depth player to have.

He had a long time out of the game and was always going to take time. I don't think we can judge on the back of a handful of games. The second half of the year will be important for him and if he can work into some form and live up to his undeniable potential then he is a contender for a list spot, certainly can be the type of guy that takes Blair or Greenwoods position on the list.

Honestly would rather get games into Brown, Kirby and Daicos before Thomas. I acknowledged his form in the VFL but I don't think he has a place on our list for next year imo.

Way too early to suggest he won't be with us in 2018. If he continues to show the sort of form from Saturday or even improves he'll be pretty tough to move on.

Can be upgraded with the mid-season rookie upgrade, no?

Although when Sinclair comes off the LTI he would be competing with... Mason?

Could probably be promoted now with Oxley being listed as 10-12 weeks.

His first few VFL games this year were putrid, and there was a half a few weeks back where he was absolutely terrible (Sandy game if I remember correctly), and Scott Burns reportedly cornered him in the rooms at half time and questioned whether he wanted it or not.

The second half of that game, and since, has been good enough that he should be in the squad of 25 this week at least.

He's got a chance of a future, more then the other bloke he served time with anyway.

Even Keeffe was good on Saturday. Hopefully he's allowed to settle in defence and can build on that.

Way too early to suggest he won't be with us in 2018. If he continues to show the sort of form from Saturday or even improves he'll be pretty tough to move on.
Yeah since that posts he's put some good games together. I'll reserve judgement until the end of the year but it wasn't looking too good a few weeks ago. Probably should have cut him some slack because he'd been out for so long. Keeffe on the other hand :p

Yeah since that posts he's put some good games together. I'll reserve judgement until the end of the year but it wasn't looking too good a few weeks ago. Probably should have cut him some slack because he'd been out for so long. Keeffe on the other hand :p

Waste of three years........you were spot on campbell!

I would rather get games into Kirby, Brown & Daicos.

Ship them and Oxley off to Brisbane or Gold Coast.

No player watch thread on this guy. Feel that after a long lay-off he's running into some form. I reckon he's going to string a good month or so of footy together and break into the senior side. Discuss.

you should get a job of setting topics for social studies exams...

Looking at the stats from the last VFL game. Thomas had 12 kicks, only 4 were effective. Will need to be much better than that to play 1s..

Patty K kicked four on the weekend robertg22 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back