Player Watch Josh Thomas (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on moving him back to the midfield with Adams out? Has clean hands and moves through traffic well.

I'd keep him up forward and get rid of our all over the ground zone defence and let him just get front and centre without worrying if he's in the right place to defend the outlet. I think he roves packs really well on the rare occasion that he's in position to.

I reckon could of been a gun centre man

Very clean and roves off packs

Played out of position his whole career

Deserved 2018 and has had a solid AFL career with obviously some obstacles

JT is an inside midfielder who stubborn bucks has tried to reinvent as a forward. The worst part is I believe he changed his physique and slimmed down for the role when he should have bulked up more for the inside mid role. We can't ******* keep rolling out Pendles and Sidebottom forever.
Have the AFL stated wheelchairs are not allowed on the field in play?

JT is an inside midfielder who stubborn bucks has tried to reinvent as a forward. The worst part is I believe he changed his physique and slimmed down for the role when he should have bulked up more for the inside mid role. We can't ******* keep rolling out Pendles and Sidebottom forever.

Been saying this for a while now....no-one else seems to realise?

The sooner he is off the Collingwood list, the better, let alone our starting 22/23.

I’m shocked people actually think he has clean hands. He’s the most jittery, fumbly player in the team who constantly shrieks contests and provides absolutely nothing.

I never turn on our players, but he’s so far away from being worthy of a senior gig it ain’t funny.

I’m shocked people actually think he has clean hands. He’s the most jittery, fumbly player in the team who constantly shrieks contests and provides absolutely nothing.
What does shrieking contests sound like?!

AlarmingPalatableAfricanclawedfrog-small.gif

The sooner he is off the Collingwood list, the better, let alone our starting 22/23.

I never turn on our players, but he’s so far away from being worthy of a senior gig it ain’t funny.

it gets to a point. If his output isnt that of a senior level player and whats expected. A kid should be given a chance. JT should then be made to earn his spot back , gifting players games borders on the team becoming accepting of poor performances.

May as well, he's playing as a "pressure forward" yet he applies no pressure

In saying that, I'd rather give IQ or Maynard a go and keep pumping games into Macrae

Yet he averages 17 PA's a game and is rated above average, strange that.

Been saying this for a while now....no-one else seems to realise?

Me to. Said in his 1st year at the club that he had the best hands I'd seen on a kid at Collingwood for years. His lack of defensive work at stoppages his downfall at senior level thus far.

Yea the most ridiculous thing last year was trying to turn Elliott into a part time midfielder instead of giving JT a go there.

That's probably because Elliott is a more complete midfielder than Thomas, but it's a nice story anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m getting such a warm fuzzy feeling from this thread.
I discontinued my membership the day this player was put back on our list.
I copped plenty for that decision, but have stuck to my views that as a drug cheat he should never been put on our list after the club was so vocal about the Essendon drug saga. CFC exposed its hypocrisy on the day they re-signed him.
The fact he was not really AFL standard just made my choice easier.
Now the majority have finally come around.
Very, very warm and fuzzy.

I’m getting such a warm fuzzy feeling from this thread.
I discontinued my membership the day this player was put back on our list.
I copped plenty for that decision, but have stuck to my views that as a drug cheat he should never been put on our list after the club was so vocal about the Essendon drug saga. CFC exposed its hypocrisy on the day they re-signed him.
The fact he was not really AFL standard just made my choice easier.
Now the majority have finally come around.
Very, very warm and fuzzy.
My memory of the incident is very, very fuzzy. Fuzzy probably doesn't even begin to describe it actually.

But wasn't it a case of party drugs with an element of a PED? Or have I invented that

My memory of the incident is very, very fuzzy. Fuzzy probably doesn't even begin to describe it actually.

But wasn't it a case of party drugs with an element of a PED? Or have I invented that
They claimed to have taken a drug at a StKilda festival.
The drug they were convicted for was a performance enhancer.
They claimed not to have known.
I still don’t believe that. I believe they conspired to lift themselves from marginal players, fighting for a spot, to players picked in the first 22 week in week out. The “ We didn’t know” excuse is simply an attempt to walk away from bad decisions.

That's probably because Elliott is a more complete midfielder than Thomas, but it's a nice story anyway.

He was an undersized slow midfielder that scrubbed kicked forwards and didn't get over 20 possessions once. No elite traits as a midfielder vs being a dangerous forward that's hard to match up on in the air and at ground level.

He was an undersized slow midfielder that scrubbed kicked forwards and didn't get over 20 possessions once. No elite traits as a midfielder vs being a dangerous forward that's hard to match up on in the air and at ground level.

Ahhhhh, thanks, I needed a laugh, been a tough week.

I’ve never understood why we tried to convert Elliott into a midfielder. He is a decent forward so I was hoping they would fine tune his craft rather than reinvent something new for him.

Thomas, on the other hand, was never a “small forward” but for some reason Buckley is obsessed with having him there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I still don’t believe that. I believe they conspired to lift themselves from marginal players, fighting for a spot, to players picked in the first 22 week in week out. The “ We didn’t know” excuse is simply an attempt to walk away from bad decisions.

Even if your consipracy theory is correct, they still got their full ban and did not get a minute discount for their "excuse"...nor did they ask for one.

This is all old ground thats been dug over thousands of times already.

Wish him all the best in the next phase of his life.

Made a silly mistake as a young man and got caught, it cost him 2 years in the wilderness and would have ended the careers of many. He did extremely well to come back and was invaluable in our 2018 tilt at the flag.

After his setback, I feel he got the most out of himself, and in the end, he managed to repay the faith we showed in him and put a decent football career together.

Ok, let's get this right once and forever. They took synthetic cocain. Synthetic coke contains lots of s**t including amphetamine and some anobolic steroids. they would have had no idea what they took except that it was sythetic coke. They were probably told it wouldn't show up in drug tests. Hope that clears this s**t once and for all

Blame the steak lol

Thomas was one of the “pointing crew” - very good at pointing and telling someone else to pick up his opponent.

He was part of the reason opposition half back flankers would have a field day against us.

His best game was a night match against WCE at the Mcg - maybe 2017? was towards end of season, possibly last game of season and he had around 30 touches and played as a mid.

good luck in retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back