Player Watch Josh Thomas (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

White retiring likely means it'll come down to either Schade or Keeffe being retained.
I reckon keeffe will stay and schade will not, mainly because keeffe can back up more positions on the ground

Reckon he ran out of steam, will be better with a full preseason under his belt. Time will tell F that'll get him a run in the 22 next year.

I'm likewise inclined. From February to now he's built remarkably well. At one point early season I wouldn't have been shocked if he retired so to have played out the season in the one's is a good effort.

That said like a few of our 20-25 yo group if he gets through the next off-season well it'll be judgement time in 2018. The likes of Ramma, Smith, Broomhead, Wills and JT are teetering so it's a big one for them next year.

Nice one Josh.

Not sure there's a spot for him in our best 22 but I like that he's backed himself in to do it.

I wonder if his management shopped him to the Lions and Suns in search of a longer deal before committing.

Nice one Josh.

Not sure there's a spot for him in our best 22 but I like that he's backed himself in to do it.

I wonder if his management shopped him to the Lions and Suns in search of a longer deal before committing.
Maybe it's prt if the deal? Sign with Pies for unders. Suns/Lions go to management and offer more coin. JT gets packaged for Saad/ Schache

Well earned given his form this year and the way he was able to turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's prt if the deal? Sign with Pies for unders. Suns/Lions go to management and offer more coin. JT gets packaged for Saad/ Schache

If that were the case he would've just gone as a UFA - makes no sense to sign the contract now if he wanted to move. (And would be pretty shitty if the club sign him and then trade him straight away - unless he was on board, which as a UFA seems unlikely)

If that were the case he would've just gone as a UFA - makes no sense to sign the contract now if he wanted to move. (And would be pretty shitty if the club sign him and then trade him straight away - unless he was on board, which as a UFA seems unlikely)
Unless it was along the lines of "JT, GC are keen on you. They want to use you as a pure midfielder. How about we sign you for a year, but if they come knocking we will trade you there. It will be like a repayment for us keeping you on our list and paying you for the time you were banned. If they aren't keen, we'll be happy to keep you".

Unless it was along the lines of "JT, GC are keen on you. They want to use you as a pure midfielder. How about we sign you for a year, but if they come knocking we will trade you there. It will be like a repayment for us keeping you on our list and paying you for the time you were banned. If they aren't keen, we'll be happy to keep you".

But still in that case wouldnt he or his manager just approach GC directly and sign the contract with them straight up?

I agree though that he probably wanted to repay the club for sticking by him, and it may be a matter of him wanting to stay a Pie, but being open to a move if its put infront of him.

(So yeah, we're probably on the same page)

I think there may be another step up with JT coming, the time off didn't help, I hope he takes the chance and earns a longer deal end of 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back