Player Watch Josh Thomas (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where would that put WHE on that scale?

It's an interesting comparison, it feels like we have a really even spread of goalkickers this year but 2010 was something else. This year WHE (15.4%), Thomas (12.3%) and Stephenson (also 12.3%) have all kicked more than 10% of the total team goals this season. In 2010 Didak kicked 10.38% of the goals, which was the highest ahead of Cloke (9.62%, comparable to De Goey's 9.74% this year).

Dids averaged the same goals per game as Stephenson and Thomas are averaging this year (1.71).

2010v2018goals.jpg

It's an interesting comparison, it feels like we have a really even spread of goalkickers this year but 2010 was something else. This year WHE (15.4%), Thomas (12.3%) and Stephenson (also 12.3%) have all kicked more than 10% of the total team goals this season. In 2010 Didak kicked 10.38% of the goals, which was the highest ahead of Cloke (9.62%, comparable to De Goey's 9.74% this year).

Dids averaged the same goals per game as Stephenson and Thomas are averaging this year (1.71).

View attachment 522729
Gee one bloke doesn't belong in the highlighted bit for 2010 IMO.
I'd remove Dick.

View attachment 522729
Goldsack lonely down the bottom.

Thank * it was an important goal :p

Gee one bloke doesn't belong in the highlighted bit for 2010 IMO.
I'd remove Dick.

Haha - just highlighted everyone averaging a goal a game. Conditional formatting doesn't discriminate against Dicks ;)

Where would that put WHE on that scale?
In a very, very nice position. At his current rate he'll give 50 a real shake. What a return that would be.

It's just so nice to see a great spread of legitimately dangerous forwards in the side. If we could ever get Elliott back from injury, we'd be looking at four non KPP players with the proven capability to go 40+ on the year. That's incredible. Sidebottom's no slouch when played forward of the ball, either.

Great season for a player that of always rated very highly, absolute gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-Signed for 3 Years

I like the idea of him being a Pie for life, but three years on current output is a long time. He’s been impressive but the end can come about quickly, he’d have to be 27 at the moment, so can only assume the club thinks we’re signing him for unders if this has any merit to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of him being a Pie for life, but three years on current output is a long time. He’s been impressive but the end can come about quickly, he’d have to be 27 at the moment, so can only assume the club thinks we’re signing him for unders if this has any merit to it.

I really doubt he's on a huge salary. Deserves the contract.

That would be it.
Smaller contract but three years, that’s my guess

Cue:

The moral wowsers proclaiming Collingwood as dreadful for allowing Thomas to stay on list.

Don’t like it, go to Bunnings and get some concrete, and harden the chopper up!

Agree. Not Huge Money but we are Backing him a bit from this Breakout Season and giving him 3 Years
I’m not meaning to compare the two as players, as Thomas offers a lot more (but then again is also a lot older than Ox was) but we did the same with Oxley and now we’re stuck with a player that doesn’t look like getting near AFL level.

I’m not meaning to compare the two A’s players, as Thomas offers a lot more (but then again is also a lot older than Ox was) but we did the same with Oxlet and now we’re stuck with a player that doesn’t look like getting near AFL level.
He deserves atleast two years, three is one extra but I can live with it. At best he fills the pressure small forward spot for the next three years at worse he's suitable depth on the cheap.

Oxley isn't really comparable as he never really was AFL standard whether Thomas is on track for 35+ goals.

Fantastic signing and reward for performance. Had a really solid year and I think still has improvement left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back