Player Watch Josh Thomas (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Bux have to replace his best mate in order to sort our forward line shambles out?

Last edited:

Is playing worse than the perennial whipping boy Blair did at the tail end of his career.

Just needs to see out the year in the scratch matches. I’d rather put more games into anyone else on the list.

I actually believe that Blair was much maligned and overall was a much better player than Thomas will ever be.

I actually believe that Blair was much maligned and overall was a much better player than Thomas will ever be.
2018 Thomas was a better player than Blair ever was. Unfortunately he’s become a shadow of his former self.

I wasn’t a Blair fan towards the end. I found him generally ineffectual, and thought he played perhaps 40-50 games too many. But you knew what he brought week in and out- plenty of effort and pressure acts on the ball carrier.

2017 tail end Blair would this year be an upgrade on Thomas... and on a par with C Brown this year too

look, i know this thread is about josh, but i just saw dale thomas fronting a betting commercial. i might have to dial 911
Thomas is the only player ever to qualify for father/son/daughter for both Collingwood and Carlton.
Wonder where he will advise his child to go if they ever make the grade?
Now there’s a bet I’d take Daisy!

Thomas is the only player ever to qualify for father/son/daughter for both Collingwood and Carlton.
Depends on whether they’d prefer to get paid cash-in-hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now there’s a bet I’d take Daisy!

as long as the family signs something preventing them for going into the media. i understand dale is an uneducated latrobe valley boy but cant he get a gig selling farm machinery? I was visibly upset at his appearance on the gambling commercial..

further to this, i want to register my protest at the endless NAB commercials. If Twitter can stop trump, cant the broadcasting people stop this bank from using that mother daughter of asian extraction thing with the "what is money for?" crap. We have lived with this bank for several decades. We know what it thinks money is for.

At their best, I think Thomas is better but we only got glimpses of that. I would take Blair for consistency alone (other than his final year or two).

Once Thomas goes, I wonder who would fulfil the “whipping boy who keeps getting games” role... the memorable ones I can remember are Blair, Thomas, Aish, Toovey (who got sooo much heat early in his career), Lonie to an extent.. I reckon Callum Brown will be next

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I think all our smalls are also a victim of the defensive focus by the coach, hard to be front and square when your up at the center circle or watching your opponent to cover incase of turnover.
I actually think it's worse than that. Even when Brown is in position to get front and centre, he pulls up a fairway from the contest. I think he's instructed to position to cut off the outlet or receive. If not, it's terrible coaching, surely it would be the easiest thing in the world to coach out of him.

2018 Thomas was a better player than Blair ever was. Unfortunately he’s become a shadow of his former self.
At their best, I think Thomas is better but we only got glimpses of that. I would take Blair for consistency alone (other than his final year or two).

Once Thomas goes, I wonder who would fulfil the “whipping boy who keeps getting games” role... the memorable ones I can remember are Blair, Thomas, Aish, Toovey (who got sooo much heat early in his career), Lonie to an extent.. I reckon Callum Brown will be next

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Happy to stick with my opinion.

I actually think it's worse than that. Even when Brown is in position to get front and centre, he pulls up a fairway from the contest. I think he's instructed to position to cut off the outlet or receive. If not, it's terrible coaching, surely it would be the easiest thing in the world to coach out of him.
I think our priority when going forward is to kick goals, sounds pretty simple, I understand forward pressure and keeping the ball in the front half but we need someone being sneaky down there (ala Charlie Cameron) who can still apply pressure. His first instinct is for the goals and when that not an option he goes defensive.

I think our priority when going forward is to kick goals, sounds pretty simple, I understand forward pressure and keeping the ball in the front half but we need someone being sneaky down there (ala Charlie Cameron) who can still apply pressure. His first instinct is for the goals and when that not an option he goes defensive.
That's the thing, I don't think that's the first priority of the coaching group. I think our smalls don't get to the fall of the ball because we position them to block outlets. It also puts them in a position to receive, if we win the spill, but we don't win the spill, because we're always outnumbered at the ball drop.

That's the thing, I don't think that's the first priority of the coaching group. I think our smalls don't get to the fall of the ball because we position them to block outlets. It also puts them in a position to receive, if we win the spill, but we don't win the spill, because we're always outnumbered at the ball drop.

I agree, our lack of genuine crumbers is pretty obvious. As much as JT tries his guts out and it seems nothing has gone right for him this season I still think he has something to offer if he can play as genuine crumber and get to the feet of Cameron and Mihocek.

He won't get a better opportunity than tonight to showcase whatever he has left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back