Player Watch Josh Thomas (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Blame the steak lol

Thomas was one of the “pointing crew” - very good at pointing and telling someone else to pick up his opponent.

He was part of the reason opposition half back flankers would have a field day against us.

His best game was a night match against WCE at the Mcg - maybe 2017? was towards end of season, possibly last game of season and he had around 30 touches and played as a mid.

good luck in retirement.
Imo his best game was against the Giants in Sydney where he had 28 possessions and 3 goals playing as a mid.

All the best in retirement to Josh, a very solid career in black and white, with the self-induced break in the middle. 2018 was a great year overall, and for him personally was very successful

Well done Josh Thomas.

Showed great character coming back from the ban... had a great 2018 kicking 38.13... and in his earlier days he had his moments as an on baller too

Got the most out of his ability 👍

Ok, let's get this right once and forever. They took synthetic cocain. Synthetic coke contains lots of sh*t including amphetamine and some anobolic steroids. they would have had no idea what they took except that it was sythetic coke. They were probably told it wouldn't show up in drug tests. Hope that clears this sh*t once and for all
They “claimed” all the things you say.
As they would have.
We shout long and loud when a player from another team gets done for drug cheating. The club was very vocal on the Essendon situation.
There is no excuse. Players are told each and every year not to ingest anything from unknown sources.
There is no excuse.
Hope that clears it up. Once and for all.

As they would have.
We shout long and loud when a player from another team gets done for drug cheating. The club was very vocal on the Essendon situation.
There is no excuse. Players are told each and every year not to ingest anything from unknown sources.
There is no excuse.

I don't think much of your views on this.

He made his mistake, paid for it, and then got on with his career in a way which showed solid character.

I reckon now is the time to signal some appreciation for his efforts and wish him all the best.

I don't think much of your views on this.

He made his mistake, paid for it, and then got on with his career in a way which showed solid character.

I reckon now is the time to signal some appreciation for his efforts and wish him all the best.
I always said I supported him having a career. Just not with Collingwood.
It showed weakness on the part of CFC, being a leader in the anti doping campaigns and a very vocal critic of the performance enhancing drug regime at Essendon.
By giving the two performance enhancing convicted drug cheats spots on our list we were all tarred with the hypocrisy brush.
That didn’t sit well with me, still doesn’t.
But I never wished his career to end, just carry on elsewhere if warranted.

Last edited:
As they would have.
There is no excuse.
who said anything about it being an excuse? I am just telling what they actually took

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They claimed to have taken a drug at a StKilda festival.
The drug they were convicted for was a performance enhancer.
They claimed not to have known.
I still don’t believe that. I believe they conspired to lift themselves from marginal players, fighting for a spot, to players picked in the first 22 week in week out. The “ We didn’t know” excuse is simply an attempt to walk away from bad decisions.
I think it's much more likely that a couple of guys in their early 20s were doing recreational drugs at a music festival and it was cut with stuff.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I always said I supported him not having a career. Just not with Collingwood.
It showed weakness on the part of CFC, being a leader in the anti doping campaigns and a very vocal critic of the performance enhancing drug regime at Essendon.
By giving the two performance enhancing convicted drug cheats spots on our list we were all tarred with the hypocrisy brush.
That didn’t sit well with me, still doesn’t.
But I never wished his career to end, just carry on elsewhere if warranted.
You're being an f-wit

who said anything about it being an excuse? I am just telling what they actually took
No your not.
Because you never mention Clenbuterol.
Which is the performance enhancing drug that they were banned for.
I get that you want to defend a Collingwood player. But this one, and the actions of CFC, are indefensible.

I think it's much more likely that a couple of guys in their early 20s were doing recreational drugs at a music festival and it was cut with stuff.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
A very easy excuse. One that would have been presented to them very quickly when the crime was discovered.
I don’t get why anyone defends the use of performance enhancers in professional sport.
Particularly when the participants in the sport have been lectured for years on the dangers of ingesting unknown substances. Like AFL player, VFL players, U18 feeder club players are every year.
There are no excuses.

Given the "performance enhancing" bit is a load of sh*t, I think I do disagree
Clenbuterol

Get educated.

Collingwood players Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas have been suspended by the AFL after testing positive to the banned substance clenbuterol.
Clenbuterol is the same drug that cost Spanish cycling star Alberto Contador the 2010 Tour de France title in the long-running Spanish beef saga..

No your not.
Because you never mention Clenbuterol.
Which is the performance enhancing drug that they were banned for.
I get that you want to defend a Collingwood player. But this one, and the actions of CFC, are indefensible.
Sorry, Clenbuterol was the steroid I was talking about that is in synthetic coke. I am not defending them, they did not know it had clenbuterol in it. My point is they didn't intend to take PED's. stop trying to put words in my mouth. I couldn't give a * if they never plkayed again, I'm just telling you what they took

A very easy excuse. One that would have been presented to them very quickly when the crime was discovered.
I don’t get why anyone defends the use of performance enhancers in professional sport.
Particularly when the participants in the sport have been lectured for years on the dangers of ingesting unknown substances. Like AFL player, VFL players, U18 feeder club players are every year.
There are no excuses.

I don't think anyone is excusing taking PEDs, but I don't think you're aware of how common it is for people to do coke at music festivals.

Clenbuterol

Get educated.

Derr Fred

Remove this Banner Ad

Back