Recommitted Josh Treacy [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Twas the rumour going around that he / his manager were letting it known he's had interest from over east
This thread is based off that rumour that he'll leave if he doesn't play which is why if he kicks 30 goals he won't leave because that would probably take him 20+ games to do.

He's winning right now vs Amiss.
Apologies Joao, I read your post wrong. Thought nit just said he would go if he didn't kick 30 goals.

Well that makes sense, would not be the first to leave for opportunity

They did just spend 3 lots of first round picks on forward or forward rucks so you can't help but think he would be more likely to get opportunities elsewhere

Not Colin Young is it?
Quick google search and I couldn’t find it but it’s unlikely to be Young since he was a rookie vic kid. Also, if it was Young there’s higher chance it wouldn’t be ‘rumours’ and more just a flat out news article about it

Quick google search and I couldn’t find it but it’s unlikely to be Young since he was a rookie vic kid. Also, if it was Young there’s higher chance it wouldn’t be ‘rumours’ and more just a flat out news article about it
With a picture of Colin in the gym.

I would have thought Taberner's spot was pretty safe as long as he stays fit.

I can't imagine either of them pinch hitting in the ruck if they have Jackson?
Tab’s definitely gets first dibs and playing at this best he’s probably safe. If Amiss and Treacy are as good as Freo fans hope though then both should be putting a fair bit of pressure on Tabs each week to take his spot, Tabs isn’t exactly a star (unless he’s playing Essendon when he turns into Tony Lockett).

We are all really really interested to see the structure we go with week 1 though, should be interesting given the options

Tab’s definitely gets first dibs and playing at this best he’s probably safe. If Amiss and Treacy are as good as Freo fans hope though then both should be putting a fair bit of pressure on Tabs each week to take his spot, Tabs isn’t exactly a star (unless he’s playing Essendon when he turns into Tony Lockett).

We are all really really interested to see the structure we go with week 1 though, should be interesting given the options

Treacy has alot of mongrel in him... I cant think of any forward in Freo's past that has had this attribute

Last edited:

Hes managed by TLA so definitely not with colin youngs company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's an AFL player in there somewhere, just not as a genuine key forward. His ruck and around the ground work is really good at WAFL combined with his field kicking which is fantastic but his hands arent clean enough given his lack of height and jump to make it as a pure full forward. If he makes it, it's as a defender or a fwd/ruck IMO

I think there's an AFL player in there somewhere, just not as a genuine key forward. His ruck and around the ground work is really good at WAFL combined with his field kicking which is fantastic but his hands arent clean enough given his lack of height and jump to make it as a pure full forward. If he makes it, it's as a defender or a fwd/ruck IMO

Would like the Hawks to take a chance on him, our cupboard is pretty bare and feel we're at the development stage where we can take these risks with late picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back