Recommitted Josh Treacy [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to look good again
2 goals yesterday
Is a natural CHF that can chop out in the Ruck and is building some confidence again after injuries. Does alot of the selfless/dirty work to help Amiss and the smalls free up. That said I'm looking forward to seeing him step-in to that 2nd Ruck role to support Jackson whilst Darcy's out for a bit.

Hope he stays, he's got a place in this side now.

Is a natural CHF that can chop out in the Ruck and is building some confidence again after injuries. Does alot of the selfless/dirty work to help Amiss and the smalls free up. That said I'm looking forward to seeing him step-in to that 2nd Ruck role to support Jackson whilst Darcy's out for a bit.

Hope he stays, he's got a place in this side now.

What's he worth per year?

Doing alot better now that him and Amiss have been left to make the forward 50 their own. Helps having a better game plan going into f50 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think he'll re-sign now he's getting regular game time (and playing well enough in his role), what's he worth as it stands? Freo board seem pessimistic to me. Best comparison is what you pay for Ash Johnson who is 5 years older than Treacy where I think both are performing similarly all things considered

While I think he'll re-sign now he's getting regular game time (and playing well enough in his role), what's he worth as it stands? Freo board seem pessimistic to me. Best comparison is what you pay for Ash Johnson who is 5 years older than Treacy where I think both are performing similarly all things considered
Late second at best IMO, probably 40-50 more likely. Just going okay and wasn't dominating at WAFL level when he got the call up to the seniors although he is still young.

Late second at best IMO, probably 40-50 more likely. Just going okay and wasn't dominating at WAFL level when he got the call up to the seniors although he is still young.
Some posters on our board would agree with you but I think there's a lot of value in simply being a 20 year old KPF who gets a regular game. I know his competition isnt great but getting a game and not looking out of his depth at his age is as decent an indication of talent as anything. I think a team would get a bargain with anything less than a 2nd but understand I might be optimistic

Some posters on our board would agree with you but I think there's a lot of value in simply being a 20 year old KPF who gets a regular game. I know his competition isnt great but getting a game and not looking out of his depth at his age is as decent an indication of talent as anything. I think a team would get a bargain with anything less than a 2nd but understand I might be optimistic
Getting a regular game now but would he be playing at all if Taberner was fit? Statistically Treacy hasn't improved at all since his first season and averages less than 1 goal per game over his 3 seasons. Anything more than pick 50 would be for potential only.

Finlayson was 25 and had a lot more runs on the board than Treacy and he went for a 3rd rounder. A steal in hindsight but didn't seem unreasonable at the time.

Getting a regular game now but would he be playing at all if Taberner was fit? Statistically Treacy hasn't improved at all since his first season and averages less than 1 goal per game over his 3 seasons. Anything more than pick 50 would be for potential only.

Finlayson was 25 and had a lot more runs on the board than Treacy and he went for a 3rd rounder. A steal in hindsight but didn't seem unreasonable at the time.
Yeah, it's weighing up potential vs runs on the board - Treacy isnt going to have runs on the board at this stage of his career. I like to think JL would have eventually seen the light with what Taberner does to our forwardline and played Treacy instead but now that he's in, i'll be very annoyed if Taberner kicks him out of the team when he comes back short of Treacy playing terribly.

Also with Finlayson, I believe there were extenuating circumstances with that trade that help Port get a steal (also, GWS do crazy s**t, none of their trades count as value setters). I also thought everyone thought it was a steal at the time, at least, in my mind I remember thinking that's an amazing deal for Port

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back