TYNAN%20Josh.png

ND pick 52

Number: 23
Height: 185cm
Weight: 81Kg
DOB: 06/11/93
Debut: 2012

Prendergast says:
We took a bit of time with this pick and that was a bit linked in to 54 as well. You get through the draft and we had a pleasant surprise we had a choice at 52. There was another player we liked at that pick, so we were making two decisions in the one deliberation. Josh's national championships and time at Gippsland were impressive. He was so disciplined.

Club Profile

Demonwiki

MFC Website: Tynan shinin'

Early on I was a bit timid - I didn’t want to do anything wrong, but as the game went on, my confidence grew with the flight of the ball and I attacked it

So the main focus for the backline group today was about communication and helping each other out. It reinforced a few of the structures that we’ve done in match practice

MFC Website: Tynan smiling

CONQUERING Everest is more likely than trying to wipe the smile from Josh Tynan.

So, when the 18 year-old found out he would be donning the red and blue for the first time on Saturday, his smile grew wider.

Always great to see the young ones blooded. If an 18 yr old can impress Neeld for a round 1 debut amid our wealth of young players then he must tick some boxes. :thumbsu:

Thought he showed some good signs in his first senior game. Once he becomes an established player people will love how he goes about it IMO.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Same body as Cale Morton, looked good

Good 6cm shorter though, looks like he should be able to stack on some mass pretty quickly. Just looked like a first year player basically. Liked his game though, bit of a baptism of fire yet he performed quite well.

Round 1 vs Brisbane

11 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks, 1 tackle.

Got a bit of ball, a couple of mistakes, but it's his first game and while he was average, he wasn't alone.
5/10
I thought he should get another game, but Mark Neeld disagrees.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
A note - his brother, Luke, plays for Casey. Josh is currently injured but quite a few people are talking about his good performance for Casey against Box Hill, which was actually Luke Tynan, not Josh.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This kid could play 200 games for the dees. He iss confident in his ability and goes hard at the footy, it's rare in juniors so i hope he gets the right development and the best opportunity.

rolemodel133

Debutant
Mar 9, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
A note - his brother, Luke, plays for Casey. Josh is currently injured but quite a few people are talking about his good performance for Casey against Box Hill, which was actually Luke Tynan, not Josh.

:eek: that got me too,i had to look at the vfl site, how old is his brother? he looks the goods

This kid is going to be my absolute favourite - I can feel him locking down a back pocket spot in the same manner that Tom McDonald took to our defence last year.

Looks huge too!

We really should have taken Luke.

MFC: Pre-season update: Strauss to Tynan

23. Josh Tynan

Josh has just joined the group over the past two weeks, after an end of season foot injury held him back. His positivity and the way he’s returned from a fitness perspective have been really impressive. We’re just looking forward to him getting some continuity in his training after Christmas.

– Jade Rawlings

Back