Player Watch Josh Wagner - delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

No, but that's because Demonland does...
So after all these years of those pompous dribbling twats potting BF they finally took a leaf out of our book and actually supported the club?

Good stuff 'ol boy.

I find this board strange
Salems kicking out of the back half was no better yet ones the Messiah and the other people want delisted
Yeah this guy cops so much s**t on this board it's remarkable. It's Watts-early days like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this guy cops so much s**t on this board it's remarkable. It's Watts-early days like.

I think one poster decided they didn't rate him and then a stack of others have jumped on board
I don't see him playing much fwiw because we have a stack of weapons now in that position but a 2 year deal suggests we think we might have something to work with
Outside Jetta who is neat without being overly dangerous I thought Wagner was our best kick in the back half
He showed a lot of bravery with his kicking for a first year player
I'm guessing Lumumba will play back up to hunt and Wagner will play back up to Hibberd

I think one poster decided they didn't rate him and then a stack of others have jumped on board
I don't see him playing much fwiw because we have a stack of weapons now in that position but a 2 year deal suggests we think we might have something to work with
Outside Jetta who is neat without being overly dangerous I thought Wagner was our best kick in the back half
I'm guessing Lumumba will play back up to hunt and Wagner will play back up to Hibberd
I'm hoping Lumumba will play backup to Dean Terlich

I'm not his biggest fan but I'm happy for the club have given himself a chance to prove himself. We've had plenty of players that had longer chances based only because they were a higher draft pick.

I find this board strange
Salems kicking out of the back half was no better yet ones the Messiah and the other people want delisted
It's that his kicking is at best almost too safe. He is the kick of the 20m dinky kick from CHB to the defensive wing that just puts the next guy under pressure to get it right. There's no vision to his kicks, which annoys the s**t out of me because unless you are kicking it to Watts most of our guys have no hope of getting that next kick right because the oppo zone is still in place.

Plus his hands make Chris Dawes' look soft and supple.

Y
It's that his kicking is at best almost too safe. He is the kick of the 20m dinky kick from CHB to the defensive wing that just puts the next guy under pressure to get it right. There's no vision to his kicks, which annoys the s**t out of me because unless you are kicking it to Watts most of our guys have no hope of getting that next kick right because the oppo zone is still in place.

Plus his hands make Chris Dawes' look soft and supple.
Those little kicks are part of the reason the Hawks won 3 flags, don't get me wrong I don't think he's perfect and he has a lot to work on but I think he can be attacking with his kicks and he weights them better than the majority of our players
Whether he has the all around game to match I'm not sure but I think his errors are oversold
Consider that he was our main kicking option in the first 10 games of his career

Spot on mate. Plus he only turned 22 mid-this year, has plenty of footy ahead of him. Especially if Hunt or Salem move into the midfield, or Hibberd gets injured, etc.

Spot on mate. Plus he only turned 22 mid-this year, has plenty of footy ahead of him. Especially if Hunt or Salem move into the midfield, or Hibberd gets injured, etc.

Yeah I bloody hope Vince and Salem spend more time in the midfield and forward of center
Vince can have those 40 touch 3 goal games that none of our other mids can get near and Salem is also dangerous around goals
Neither are any good in defence imo which is why we have held on to Wagner

Wagner is frustrating, a good size to play tall or small. He should watch all videos of Birchall from the hawks (not saying he will the same lofty heights) but can play a similar role.

What annoys about Wagner is some times he take his time and hits a beautiful kick, other times tries to hit the impossible of one step. But I think he has good footy smarts and with more experience will develop into a good player for us.

That being said a hibbered, melksham and Salem are all in front of him. But Wagner can play taller than those three.

Agree with Topkent and Gysberts2Bate

This guy deserves a spot on the main list.. did his job when called upon this year and will be very good depth IMO.

Plus, he turns 23 next year :)

I think he deserves a new contract.

My main issues with Wagner are his lack of speed and defending 1v1 he was shaky, he shows some pretty good signs but will find it tough to stay in the team for the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back