Player Watch Josh Worrell

Remove this Banner Ad

When I saw Josh play in the pre-season games last year it was obvious that he was an exciting prospect. I would have liked to have seen him debut a bit earlier but he is still very raw. Similar to Big Butts in 2019, Josh loses too many one-on-one contests and is prone to the occasional brain fade.

I see some similarities with the “World’s Greatest Recruit”, Lachie Jones. Sadly unlike the Poort Pear fans who celebrate every occasion that Lachie burst through a pack and leaves the ball behind, I predict Josh will be written off by the usual suspects within his first few matches.

He will be a lot of fun to watch.

A few posts on another thread, but the mystery of Josh needs it's own thread. He seemed to play well in the SANFL last year but as a few have said, why the club hasn't swung him forward is a mystery. Good hands, quick and would be ideal up forward with FOG and Philthy.

At 195cm and with Butts, Murray, Dude, McAsey and even Frampton try for the back roles, we have an absence of 193+ options outside of FOG, Berg and Philthy up forward. It seems to make sense but something is missing

A few posts on another thread, but the mystery of Josh needs it's own thread. He seemed to play well in the SANFL last year but as a few have said, why the club hasn't swung him forward is a mystery. Good hands, quick and would be ideal up forward with FOG and Philthy.

At 195cm and with Butts, Murray, Dude, McAsey and even Frampton try for the back roles, we have an absence of 193+ options outside of FOG, Berg and Philthy up forward. It seems to make sense but something is missing
Would like to see us try it. Mobile too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else bewildered by the Adelaide Crows coaching panels development of Josh Worrell let alone the opportunities he's received?

I cannot fathom why Josh hasn't been moved forward in the SANFL after lighting up the 2019 National Championships playing forward winding up being Vic Metro's leading goalkicker for the Carnival.

Seems to be in "no man's land" currently with our coaches who seem hell bent on playing him down back mainly as a 3rd tall defender with McAsey and Borlase holding down the Key Defence spots.

Surely with Fogarty and Himmelberg not really nailing down the Key Forward spots in the AFL surely we should at least give Worrell a block of games up forward in the SANFL to see what he's got. Way more athletic, quicker and mobile than Fog and Berg.

Last edited:
Anyone else bewildered by the Adelaide Crows coaching panels development of Josh Worrell let alone the opportunities he's received?

I cannot fathom why Josh hasn't been moved forward in the SANFL after lighting up the 2019 National Championships playing forward winding up being Vic Metro's leading goalkicker for the Carnival.

Seems to be in "no man's land" currently with our coaches who seem hell bent on playing him down back mainly as a 3rd tall defender with McAsey and Borlase holding down the Key Defence spots.

Surely with Fogarty and Himmelberg not really nailing down the Key Forward spots in the AFL surely we should at least give Worrell a block of games up forward in the SANFL to see what he's got. Way more athletic, quicker and mobile than Fog and Berg.
I've had no idea about Josh Worrell best position since last years preseason.

Still don't

Worrell is jut the tip of the iceberg when it comes to perplexing development decisions in the last 3 years.

He's been chucked on the Brodie Martin depth pile it seems. We aren't really interested in developing him.

It baffles me we are playing all of McAsey, Borlase, Worrell and Frampton down back in the SANFL when there is really only one AFL spot for them

Mutineer - yep, plus we have McAsey in defence (which is exactly where he should be).

Get Worrell in the forward half, ya numpties.
He can't be any worse than Berg! I know Berg is doing his best and he did crash a couple of packs on the weekend, but he's really not having much of an impact. Probably time to move him on IMO.

At the Crows, after you have a DUI, it looks like your papers are stamped

At the Crows, after you have a DUI, it looks like your papers are stamped
He signed a contract extension after it happened.....

Nevertheless, it's time to see him go forward. Good enough to play at either end of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back