Media JT Media - Round 2! Welcome to the Pressure Cooker! #FeelTheHeat pg. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Following the great success of the #JTMedal, I, JT_the_Man have decided to expand my empire...

Introducing

A2114B8E-0F92-4E4C-9379-CD125EB4BADD.png

JT Media will cover all SFA events like you have never seen before - with this new innovative and streamlined media service set to be at everyone’s fingertips the SFA will never be the same...

Stay tuned for many announcements over the coming days about the exciting features JT Media plans to bring on a weekly basis...

Following the great success of the #JTMedal, I, JT_the_Man have decided to expand my empire...

Introducing

View attachment 525503

JT Media will cover all SFA events like you have never seen before - with this new innovative and streamlined media service set to be at everyone’s fingertips the SFA will never be the same...

Stay tuned for many announcements over the coming days about the exciting features JT Media plans to bring on a weekly basis...

this also jumped the shark when you named it after a Muse song

FFS its off season, im not supposed to be belting flogs in the back of the head yet. give me a rest

Done and dusted by round 2.

this also jumped the shark when you named it after a Muse song

FFS its off season, im not supposed to be belting flogs in the back of the head yet. give me a rest
Thread title amended to “The Uprising” to take advantage of link to song...

Introducing

View attachment 525503

Blatant rip-off of #PhenoMedia.

See you in court!

Says the poster who has never been in round anything

As a captain I feel like you should be doing more to encourage the participation of rookies.

As a captain I feel like you should be doing more to encourage the participation of rookies.
As someone who has spent 5 mins in the league I think you should be less critical of others

As someone who has spent 5 mins in the league I think you should be less critical of others

As a Sweet FA regular I think you should not take the post so seriously?

As a Sweet FA regular I think you should not take the post so seriously?
I could say the same.

If you think my post is inhibiting your ability to contribute then you probably need a tall glass of cement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

03279E72-CE74-445A-8527-E8B80B4D0480.png
Welcome to the round 1 edition of JT Media!

We will cover all the big qooty news and action from today and throughout the week here exclusively on the number 1 news outlet in the SFA, JT Media.

718556CA-33A2-43E2-8F39-6B56BB48D7DD.png

Sin City Swamprats 10.6.66 def. by Fighting Furies FFC 14.8.92

The Furies got off to a quick start, kicking the first two goals to open proceedings at the Underground Stadium. It wasn’t long before the Swamprats struck back however, having control of the play for the remainder of the quarter, kicking 4 out of the next 5 goals to go up by 5 points heading into the first break.
The second quarter was very free flowing, with many ebbs and flows in momentum with both teams leading by double figure margins at times throughout the quarter. It was the Swamprats who again took the lead in at half time, by just 4 points in what had been a free flowing affair up to that point.
After half time however, things got ugly for the Swamprats, as they failed to score in the third quarter. The Furies ran out to a 4 goal lead and never looked back, running out 26 point victors over the Swamprats.

Now is probably a good time to introduce another segment - the JT Media Player of the Year will go to the player who receives the most votes throughout the season. Voting will be done in a rather untraditional way with the best 4 on ground being given scores out of 10.

So now, to the votes -

Sterge (FUR) 8
Tigerturbulance (FUR) 7
philreich (SCS) 7
TJASTA (FUR) 6

Sterge was prolific for the Furies kicking a solid 5 goals to help get his team over the line, while both philreich and Tigerturbulance kicked 2 goals and racked up plenty of possessions. TJASTA tried hard in a game with few standouts.

Coney Island Warriors 23.13.151 def. Dragons FFC 6.3.39

In what was pretty much a walkover, the Warriors defeated the Dragons by 112 points. The Warriors started the game hot, going up by 34 points at quarter time and never really looking back. I wish I could say there was at least a mini fight back from the Dragons at one point, but there really wasn’t. Embarrassing loss for the Dragons really.

The votes -

CM9000 (CIW) 9
BigJoeD_ (CIW) 8
zackah (CIW) 8
Itsmyshow (CIW) 8

CM9000 was brilliant for the Warriors, racking up 22 touches, laying 11 tackles and kicking 3 goals. BigJoeD_ kicked 6 goals in the domination, while zackah and Itsmyshow both racked up plenty of the ball and kicked 3 goals each. Honourable mention goes to Blaze Storm who racked up 30 touches in a side who got absolutely destroyed.

West Coast Wonders 16.9.105 def. by Las Vegas Bears 30.13.193

A high-scoring thriller took place at the Colosseum with the Bears running out eventual 88 point victors. The game had a very fast start with the Wonders going in ahead 47 to 35 at just quarter time - yes, you heard that right, the Wonders actually lead this game despite nearly going down by 100 points. The game continued to be a tight affair in the second quarter, with the Bears going in ahead at the half by 15 points, after being down by 4 goals halfway through the quarter.
It was in the second half where the Bears began to assert their dominance. They ended up being ahead by 53 points at three quarter time, leaving the game all but over.

The votes -

gym4life (LVB) 10
kdavva74 (LVB) 9
JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB) 9
brahj (LVB) 9

gym4life was absolutely dominant in the ruck, with 17 hitouts, 32 disposals, 5 tackles and 3 goals. kdavva74 kicked a lazy 8 goals on debut, JoshWoodenSpoon had 33 touches, 11 marks and 3 goals, whilst brahj had 38 possessions, 3 goals and 6 tackles. Cactus_ was best on for the Wonders with 30 touches and 2 goals, but there were too many Bears ahead to give him votes.

Gold City Royals 11.7.73 def. Baghdad Bombers 2.4.16

Going from a super high scoring affair to this is quite underwhelming. The Royals absolutely dominated the Bombers, with the Bombers being unable to score a major until the third quarter. Much like the Dragons, there really aren’t any positives for the Bombers this week.

The votes -

Blacky (GCR) 7
Ulahoopski (GCR) 6
TheCoach16 (BOM) 6
CakeEater (GCR) 6

No serious standouts in this one. Blacky was great with 4 goals, Ulahoopski found a bit of the ball and kicked a goal, TheCoach16 was a tackling machine with 12 tackles, and CakeEater had 20 touches and 7 marks.

Gumbies FFC 16.6.102 def. by Mount Buller Demons 18.9.117

The Demons got an early break in this one, kicking 3 of the first 4 goals. The Gumbies fought back to be done by just 7 points at quarter time, and it seemed quite clear early on that this one could be going to the wire.
The Demons again kicked away at the start of the second however, and continued their momentum into half time, going into the main break up by 6 goals.
It seemed like it would be hard for the Gumbies to come back, and that proved to be correct as the Demons retained their lead going into three quarter time, being up by about 5 goals.
The Gumbies made a valiant comeback in the last, making the scoreline more visually pleasing as they lost by just 15 points.

The votes -

BRAB (GUM) 8
Proper Gander (MBD) 7
TheDarkDwarf (MBD) 7
cooney (MBD) 7

BRAB was a clear standout for the Gumbies in this one, racking up 24 touches, laying 7 tackles and kicking 3 goals. Proper Gander had 21 touches and 2 goals, while the TheDarkDwarf had 26 touches and a goal in solid performances. cooney kicked 3 goals to go with his 7 marks and 16 touches in what was an impressive display.

Roys FFC 11.9.75 def. East Side Hawks 10.11.71

The Hawks were well on top of the Roys in the first quarter with 8 scoring shots to 2. Unfortunately for the Hawks, inaccuracy ruined their strong start as they lead by just 6 points heading into the first break.
The second quarter was much of the same with the Hawks continuing to be the better team. They straightened up their kicking however it was the Roys kicking that was keep the game close, having not kicked a behind, leaving them just 13 points behind and well within striking range.
The third quarter saw the Hawks briefly claim a 20 point-lead before the Roys got on a roll to go up by 3 points leading into last, setting the game up for a grandstand finish. The teams went shot for shot (mainly behinds) before the Hawks claimed a 7 point lead late. The Roys struck successive blows straight back however, to lead by 5 with little time on the clock. With just seconds remaining, Noobz0r had the chance to be a hero.
He missed. Roys win.

The votes -

3KZ is Football (ROY) 8
TedDougChris (ROY) 7
Azarole (ROY) 6
NinjaSwan (ESH) 6

3KZ is Football had a great game with 27 touches and 2 goals, TedDougChris found plenty of the ball and had 9 tackles to go with it, Azarole tried hard and so did NinjaSwan who also kicked a goal.

BD639018-1214-4D8F-8186-12259FBBEE21.png

6F6BF27A-5B3F-4A8D-8712-3478A5C26B95.jpeg

This week’s player of the week is gym4life.

I’ve already gone over how he had an absolutely incredible game against the Wonders this week, but I’m going to do it again anyway.

17 HOs
32 disposals
5 tackles
3 goals

Congrats on a great game, you will now go into the running for the JT Media Performance of the Year award.

A5335FED-E1D2-4825-8438-DE5DD08F3777.png

Now we will have a leaderboard update for the JT Media Player of the Year.

gym4life (LVB) 10
CM9000 (CIW) 9
kdavva74 (LVB) 9
JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB) 9
brahj (LVB) 9
Sterge (FUR) 8
BigJoeD_ (CIW) 8
zackah (CIW) 8
Itsmyshow (CIW) 8
BRAB (GUM) 8
3KZ is Football (ROY) 8
Tigerturbulance (FUR) 7
philreich (SCS) 7
Blacky (GCR) 7
Proper Gander (MBD) 7
TheDarkDwarf (MBD) 7
cooney (MBD) 7
TedDougChris (ROY) 7
TJASTA (FUR) 6
Ulahoopski (GCR) 6
TheCoach16 (BOM) 6
CakeEater (GCR) 6
Azarole (ROY) 6
NinjaSwan (ESH) 6

*In future I’ll probably only list the top 5 as this will get ridiculously long.

That’s all for today’s edition of JT Media... We still have plenty more news and content to be revealed over the coming days, including the return of the #JTMedal and much, much more!

*Like this post for one FREE #JTMedal vote!

View attachment 534868
Welcome to the round 1 edition of JT Media!

We will cover all the big qooty news and action from today and throughout the week here exclusively on the number 1 news outlet in the SFA, JT Media.

View attachment 534869

Sin City Swamprats 10.6.66 def. by Fighting Furies FFC 14.8.92

The Furies got off to a quick start, kicking the first two goals to open proceedings at the Underground Stadium. It wasn’t long before the Swamprats struck back however, having control of the play for the remainder of the quarter, kicking 4 out of the next 5 goals to go up by 5 points heading into the first break.
The second quarter was very free flowing, with many ebbs and flows in momentum with both teams leading by double figure margins at times throughout the quarter. It was the Swamprats who again took the lead in at half time, by just 4 points in what had been a free flowing affair up to that point.
After half time however, things got ugly for the Swamprats, as they failed to score in the third quarter. The Furies ran out to a 4 goal lead and never looked back, running out 26 point victors over the Swamprats.

Now is probably a good time to introduce another segment - the JT Media Player of the Year will go to the player who receives the most votes throughout the season. Voting will be done in a rather untraditional way with the best 4 on ground being given scores out of 10.

So now, to the votes -

Sterge (FUR) 8
Tigerturbulance (FUR) 7
philreich (SCS) 7
TJASTA (FUR) 6

Sterge was prolific for the Furies kicking a solid 5 goals to help get his team over the line, while both philreich and Tigerturbulance kicked 2 goals and racked up plenty of possessions. TJASTA tried hard in a game with few standouts.

Coney Island Warriors 23.13.151 def. Dragons FFC 6.3.39

In what was pretty much a walkover, the Warriors defeated the Dragons by 112 points. The Warriors started the game hot, going up by 34 points at quarter time and never really looking back. I wish I could say there was at least a mini fight back from the Dragons at one point, but there really wasn’t. Embarrassing loss for the Dragons really.

The votes -

CM9000 (CIW) 9
BigJoeD_ (CIW) 8
zackah (CIW) 8
Itsmyshow (CIW) 8

CM9000 was brilliant for the Warriors, racking up 22 touches, laying 11 tackles and kicking 3 goals. BigJoeD_ kicked 6 goals in the domination, while zackah and Itsmyshow both racked up plenty of the ball and kicked 3 goals each. Honourable mention goes to Blaze Storm who racked up 30 touches in a side who got absolutely destroyed.

West Coast Wonders 16.9.105 def. by Las Vegas Bears 30.13.193

A high-scoring thriller took place at the Colosseum with the Bears running out eventual 88 point victors. The game had a very fast start with the Wonders going in ahead 47 to 35 at just quarter time - yes, you heard that right, the Wonders actually lead this game despite nearly going down by 100 points. The game continued to be a tight affair in the second quarter, with the Bears going in ahead at the half by 15 points, after being down by 4 goals halfway through the quarter.
It was in the second half where the Bears began to assert their dominance. They ended up being ahead by 53 points at three quarter time, leaving the game all but over.

The votes -

gym4life (LVB) 10
kdavva74 (LVB) 9
JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB) 9
brahj (LVB) 9

gym4life was absolutely dominant in the ruck, with 17 hitouts, 32 disposals, 5 tackles and 3 goals. kdavva74 kicked a lazy 8 goals on debut, JoshWoodenSpoon had 33 touches, 11 marks and 3 goals, whilst brahj had 38 possessions, 3 goals and 6 tackles. Cactus_ was best on for the Wonders with 30 touches and 2 goals, but there were too many Bears ahead to give him votes.

Gold City Royals 11.7.73 def. Baghdad Bombers 2.4.16

Going from a super high scoring affair to this is quite underwhelming. The Royals absolutely dominated the Bombers, with the Bombers being unable to score a major until the third quarter. Much like the Dragons, there really aren’t any positives for the Bombers this week.

The votes -

Blacky (GCR) 7
Ulahoopski (GCR) 6
TheCoach16 (BOM) 6
CakeEater (GCR) 6

No serious standouts in this one. Blacky was great with 4 goals, Ulahoopski found a bit of the ball and kicked a goal, TheCoach16 was a tackling machine with 12 tackles, and CakeEater had 20 touches and 7 marks.

Gumbies FFC 16.6.102 def. by Mount Buller Demons 18.9.117

The Demons got an early break in this one, kicking 3 of the first 4 goals. The Gumbies fought back to be done by just 7 points at quarter time, and it seemed quite clear early on that this one could be going to the wire.
The Demons again kicked away at the start of the second however, and continued their momentum into half time, going into the main break up by 6 goals.
It seemed like it would be hard for the Gumbies to come back, and that proved to be correct as the Demons retained their lead going into three quarter time, being up by about 5 goals.
The Gumbies made a valiant comeback in the last, making the scoreline more visually pleasing as they lost by just 15 points.

The votes -

BRAB (GUM) 8
Proper Gander (MBD) 7
TheDarkDwarf (MBD) 7
cooney (MBD) 7

BRAB was a clear standout for the Gumbies in this one, racking up 24 touches, laying 7 tackles and kicking 3 goals. Proper Gander had 21 touches and 2 goals, while the TheDarkDwarf had 26 touches and a goal in solid performances. cooney kicked 3 goals to go with his 7 marks and 16 touches in what was an impressive display.

Roys FFC 11.9.75 def. East Side Hawks 10.11.71

The Hawks were well on top of the Roys in the first quarter with 8 scoring shots to 2. Unfortunately for the Hawks, inaccuracy ruined their strong start as they lead by just 6 points heading into the first break.
The second quarter was much of the same with the Hawks continuing to be the better team. They straightened up their kicking however it was the Roys kicking that was keep the game close, having not kicked a behind, leaving them just 13 points behind and well within striking range.
The third quarter saw the Hawks briefly claim a 20 point-lead before the Roys got on a roll to go up by 3 points leading into last, setting the game up for a grandstand finish. The teams went shot for shot (mainly behinds) before the Hawks claimed a 7 point lead late. The Roys struck successive blows straight back however, to lead by 5 with little time on the clock. With just seconds remaining, Noobz0r had the chance to be a hero.
He missed. Roys win.

The votes -

3KZ is Football (ROY) 8
TedDougChris (ROY) 7
Azarole (ROY) 6
NinjaSwan (ESH) 6

3KZ is Football had a great game with 27 touches and 2 goals, TedDougChris found plenty of the ball and had 9 tackles to go with it, Azarole tried hard and so did NinjaSwan who also kicked a goal.

View attachment 535064

View attachment 535072

I’ve already gone over how he had an absolutely incredible game against the Wonders this week, but I’m going to do it again anyway.

17 HOs
32 disposals
5 tackles
3 goals

Congrats on a great game, you will now go into the running for the JT Media Performance of the Year award.

View attachment 535063

Now we will have a leaderboard update for the JT Media Player of the Year.

gym4life (LVB) 10
CM9000 (CIW) 9
kdavva74 (LVB) 9
JoshWoodenSpoon (LVB) 9
brahj (LVB) 9
Sterge (FUR) 8
BigJoeD_ (CIW) 8
zackah (CIW) 8
Itsmyshow (CIW) 8
BRAB (GUM) 8
3KZ is Football (ROY) 8
Tigerturbulance (FUR) 7
philreich (SCS) 7
Blacky (GCR) 7
Proper Gander (MBD) 7
TheDarkDwarf (MBD) 7
cooney (MBD) 7
TedDougChris (ROY) 7
TJASTA (FUR) 6
Ulahoopski (GCR) 6
TheCoach16 (BOM) 6
CakeEater (GCR) 6
Azarole (ROY) 6
NinjaSwan (ESH) 6

*In future I’ll probably only list the top 5 as this will get ridiculously long.

That’s all for today’s edition of JT Media... We still have plenty more news and content to be revealed over the coming days, including the return of the #JTMedal and much, much more!

*Like this post for one FREE #JTMedal vote!
Great write up mate.

I was going to make up an award just so I could praise myself even more. Now I'm reconsidering, I might be content with this, topping the ruck power rankings and team of the week.

Last edited:

17 HOs
32 disposals
5 tackles
3 goals
M O N S T E R

We don't mess around at the Bears.... perfect mix of youth and experience. Barrybran's 29 disposals off a wing were criminally underrated today.

How the **** does JWS get 33 touches starting at fullback?

The sneaky bugger swapped into the centre about 5 minutes into the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back