Banter JTL 3 Richmond Vs Carlton: Come see our flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Disagree with this

Richmond has one of the best if not the best Defence in the league, Our Back 6/7 players have now been consistently playing as a unit now for 3-4 years and are at their peak
Astbury , Grimes , Vlastuin
Rance , Houli , B.Ellis , McIntosh

Richmond's Midfield - Martin , Cotchin , Caddy , Prestia , Lambert , Grigg , Edwards
Again all these guys are still in their Prime and all have atleast 4-5 years remaining in their careers , Cant see the midfield not being able to sustain their level

Richmonds game plan is not as easy to combat as one might believe as its foward pressure doesnt rely on 1-2 or even 3 players its the entire team thats playing the manic pressure game plan and the foward line with its small's would be extremely hard to stop due to no club having 5 small defenders with enough speed or tank to keep up the intensity for 4 quaters

3 of the best 4 sides last year were Geelong,Gws,Adelaide , When they were required to play to this level of intensity on a large ground which requires more running , stamina and speed - Guess what all 3 clubs could only sustain this level for only a half of football and Richmond blew away 3 of the best sides in the league by a significant margin

The game plan really only got into its own in the last 10-12 games of the season and whilst supporters of other clubs like to dismiss this the coaches are the people who really matter and they are all saying that its extremely difficult to combat due to not having just 2-3 players that you need to control but the entire team.

I would be interested in your opinion on why and how

LOL Thats really grasping at straws

Which part about beating the best 3 teams by a fair margin didnt you get , The draw was benificial but we still finished the season just 2 points (half a game) of top spot and lost 5 games by single digits in the early stages of the year and only lost 2 games by a margin

Charmed run with injjries you say ? Hmmmm Maybe you might like to check facts , I believe from memmory we were the 5th most effected by injuries by games lost to injuries to the list

We wont be able to KO midfields every week ? We dont need to , Just need to make top 4 then do this

MRP - Hahahaha Really do you really believe that Cotchin was the difference in the grand Final ? What other massive favour did the MRP do for us

You make many valid points, some I don't disagree with, but let's just break this down and concentrate on one aspect for the moment, before we dissect the rest

"5th most effected by injuries by games lost to injuries to the list"

I think you need to dig deeper on what you have stated.

I hope you are not including the following player's games in that stat, despite that I admire many of them, by the way they go about it

Batchelor 84
Maric 157
Morris 87
Miles 70
Griffiths 63

Of the guys that are still at the club, it would be debatable that they would now be considered best 22

You also had 18 players, that played a possible 23.78 average of 25 games for the season

# Player GM
4 Martin, Dustin 25
9 Cotchin, Trent 25
6 Grigg, Shaun 25
5 Ellis, Brandon 25
23 Lambert, Kane 24
3 Prestia, Dion 22
14 Houli, Bachar 21
18 Rance, Alex 25
22 Caddy, Josh 22
12 Astbury, David 25
33 McIntosh, Kamdyn 24
25 Nankervis, Toby 24
10 Edwards, Shane 20
8 Riewoldt, Jack 23
17 Rioli, Daniel 25
46 Castagna, Jason 25
2 Grimes, Dylan 25
40 Butler, Dan 23

I think if you were a neutral supporter, you would concede that you did have a blessed run in the injury stakes

You make many valid points, some I don't disagree with, but let's just break this down and concentrate on one aspect for the moment, before we dissect the rest

"5th most effected by injuries by games lost to injuries to the list"

I think you need to dig deeper on what you have stated.

I hope you are not including the following player's games in that stat, despite that I admire many of them, by the way they go about it

Batchelor 84
Maric 157
Morris 87
Miles 70
Griffiths 63

Of the guys that are still at the club, it would be debatable that they would now be considered best 22

You also had 18 players, that played a possible 23.78 average of 25 games for the season

# Player GM
4 Martin, Dustin 25
9 Cotchin, Trent 25
6 Grigg, Shaun 25
5 Ellis, Brandon 25
23 Lambert, Kane 24
3 Prestia, Dion 22
14 Houli, Bachar 21
18 Rance, Alex 25
22 Caddy, Josh 22
12 Astbury, David 25
33 McIntosh, Kamdyn 24
25 Nankervis, Toby 24
10 Edwards, Shane 20
8 Riewoldt, Jack 23
17 Rioli, Daniel 25
46 Castagna, Jason 25
2 Grimes, Dylan 25
40 Butler, Dan 23

I think if you were a neutral supporter, you would concede that you did have a blessed run in the injury stakes

That's one way of looking at it and another way is giving credit to Peter Burge and his team in running their physical performance program. His record of managing players through injury is outstanding. The management of Dion Prestia last year is a perfect example. There were quite a few on our board last year who did not expect him to play much. Not only did he play 22 games despite knee/ankle issues (14 games in 2016 and 8 in 2015 with GC) but he had him primed for the finals.

Long term injuries like ACL and such...yes...there is luck involved there.

Last edited:
That's one way of looking at it and another way is giving credit to Peter Burge and his team in running their physical performance program. His record of managing players through injury is outstanding. The management of Dion Prestia last year is a perfect example. There were quite a few on out board last year who did not expect him to play much last year. Not only did he play 22 games last year despite knee/ankle issues (14 games in 2016 and 8 in 2015 with GC) but he had him primed for the finals.

Long term injuries like ACL and such...yes...there is luck involved there.

Never questioned the capabilities of your fitness people, just highlighting the fact, that you had a blessed run with injuries, which will be difficult to sustain this year, let alone on a constant basis

It's a bit like everything else for Richmond in 2017, ay?
Dream run with injuries, easy draw, preferential finals series, rigged MRP.
Meanwhile, every other team had the most wretched season in their history.

Never questioned the capabilities of your fitness people, just highlighting the fact, that you had a blessed run with injuries, which will be difficult to sustain this year, let alone on a constant basis

I think you have to spell it out our very clearly for the tuggers- they have one bloke running around for them that is the difference between finals and nowhere - everyone including their own Club knows it. A couple of chopsticks or a tattoo session gone wrong away from disaster.

Personally, I hope Dustbin stays fit and firing and learns like other champions have learned - that he is burdened with carrying the whole Club and its run and gun BS game, for ever, all on his lonesome. The grind will wear him down along with the expectations of the tugger army who confuse a flukey jackpot win with being some sort of dynasty in the making...soon enough the glamour of Harley Davidson exhaust fumes and outlaw comic book fantasy along with all that goes with it will creep into play and the high life of a superstar will take its toll...

It was a Bradbury win and will always go down as a Bradbury - everyone knows it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit like everything else for Richmond in 2017, ay?
Dream run with injuries, easy draw, preferential finals series, rigged MRP.
Meanwhile, every other team had the most wretched season in their history.

I don't subscribe to all those factors, you have listed, only a couple. One of the most important, being a lack of injuries

Yet, it seems not one Tiger's supporter will concede you had a blessed run of injuries

I think you have to spell it out our very clearly for the tuggers- they have one bloke running around for them that is the difference between finals and nowhere - everyone including their own Club knows it. A couple of chopsticks or a tattoo session gone wrong away from disaster.

Personally, I hope Dustbin stays fit and firing and learns like other champions have learned - that he is burdened with carrying the whole Club and its run and gun BS game, for ever, all on his lonesome. The grind will wear him down along with the expectations of the tugger army who confuse a flukey jackpot win with being some sort of dynasty in the making...soon enough the glamour of Harley Davidson exhaust fumes and outlaw comic book fantasy along with all that goes with it will creep into play and the high life of a superstar will take its toll...

It was a Bradbury win and will always go down as a Bradbury - everyone knows it.
Who is this player that we obviously didn't have in 2016 as well?

I don't subscribe to all those factors, you have listed, only a couple. One of the most important, being a lack of injuries

Yet, it seems not one Tiger's supporter will concede you had a blessed run of injuries

Why would we?
If the boot was on the other foot and we said: "Oh, our poor showing was because we had a bad run of injuries," then everybody else would tell us to quit making excuses.

Will be watching to see what dirty tactics oppo teams deploy against Dusty while the umpires look the other way.

They’ve already started.

That game against the Lions last year, Nick Robertson was intentionally kneeing Dusty in the calf at stoppages to cork him. Absolute weak as piss act that should’ve received weeks for.

Was doing it to Cotchin as well.

Fair enough laying a close tag and applying body pressure but actively trying to injure players is just pathetic and needs to be stamped out ASAP.

Will be watching to see what dirty tactics oppo teams deploy against Dusty while the umpires look the other way.
None, they're too scared.

I find the "Dusty is the only reason you are good" argument so funny.

Even if its true.. its moot.. as Dusty plays for Richmond :D

God we are going to belt you losers.
"You're the worst premiership team ever because you have no good players"
"You're the worst premiership team ever because if you had no good players, you'd be s**t"

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back