Banter JTL 3 Richmond Vs Carlton: Come see our flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other clubs may find that 2017 will turn out to be a significant turning point in the way the game is played. They may be the ones with ground to make up once they realise that passing off good planning and soul searching as a fluke is not the answer they're looking for.
IMG_0512.GIF

Other clubs may find that 2017 will turn out to be a significant turning point in the way the game is played. They may be the ones with ground to make up once they realise that passing off good planning and soul searching as a fluke is not the answer they're looking for.

Well of the cuff...I am a bit confused here so help me out

1. Pressure football is not a new thing.
2. A fleet of small fast goal kicking forwards is hardly a Richmond invention or monopoly - please!! FFS where do you think the term mosquitoe army came from and which Club used it to win multiple Premierships? More recently have you heard the term 3 Amigos - you should have, you successfully traded one of them in to your CLub, and Malthou$e successfully let the other two go for nothing...
3. Playing on as much as possible and taking a direct route to the forward 50 through the corridor ?

have I missed anything?

There is also nothing new about champion player going in a bit too hard in a Prelim and being let off to play in GF ...
There is even nothing new in a Club doing years of hard work, building a good list, copping errors along the way but keeping to a plan and eventually getting success...

So for the poor Carlton supporters ( who must know NOTHING about the game - because the Club they support isn't a finals team today ) please expand on what the "significant turning point in the way the game is played" is?

2. A fleet of small fast goal kicking forwards is hardly a Richmond invention or monopoly - please!! FFS where do you think the term mosquitoe army came from and which Club used it to win multiple Premierships? More recently have you heard the term 3 Amigos - you should have, you successfully traded one of them in to your CLub, and Malthou$e successfully let the other two go for nothing...
3. Playing on as much as possible and taking a direct route to the forward 50 through the corridor ?

have I missed anything?

There is also nothing new about champion player going in a bit too hard in a Prelim and being let off to play in GF ...
There is even nothing new in a Club doing years of hard work, building a good list, copping errors along the way but keeping to a plan and eventually getting success...

So for the poor Carlton supporters ( who must know NOTHING about the game - because the Club they support isn't a finals team today ) please expand on what the "significant turning point in the way the game is played" is?
Expand this
IMG_0515.GIF

have I missed anything?

All the answers you seek are available for you here.

upload_2018-3-14_17-4-41.png

You are welcome.

Never once suggested it was a fluke, not so sure why many Tiger supporters are so defensive. Get the feeling the many of you doubt, that you may not be able to back it up this year
It's a hard ask, back-to-back. But not necessary to achieve that feat to prove anything.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Sorry - my last post was too serious for a banter thread I know....

So lets have a look at another very important factor that contributes to success - leadership.
Here we have the Tigers:

AA Captain
Brownlow Medalist
2 x Coleman Medalist

17Leaders1703_620.jpg

& here is the bloos offering - lots of wannabees surveying the rest of the competition from their spot on the AFL ladder...

565917-tlslargelandscape.jpg
That 2nd photo of the bloose is a great point of view shot taken from the tigers.

blooze poster saying rance wouldn't get a game for them and is a squib :think: coming from a side who has a c uck as a captain

yeah I read stuff from people who reckon this and that and the other thingy too..but I didn't go running home to mummy to whine about it...put it down to random stoopid - know what I mean?

actually post alink and I will go and pull the blokes trousers down for you...ya big sooky la-la

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.
The problem with your argument is that Jack, Cotch, Dusty and Rance who you’ve already correctly identified as elite also just won their first final turning 27 to 30 years old this year.
And by extension, Jack is already the GOAT since he’s won a flag at 19! (That bit is true, Jack Graham that is)

So bad man.

If the players I correctly agree identified as being elite are elite AND those other guys who were mentioned (Astbury etc) are also elite then Richmond would have surely won more finals during their careers. The lack of finals success is evidence of those other guys not being elite

yeah I read stuff from people who reckon this and that and the other thingy too..but I didn't go running home to mummy to whine about it...put it down to random stoopid - know what I mean?

actually post alink and I will go and pull the blokes trousers down for you...ya big sooky la-la
hardly sooking just find it hilarious how someone could be so deluded to think the best defender in the game wouldn't get a game for a side who finished bottom 4

So bad man.

If the players I correctly agree identified as being elite are elite AND those other guys who were mentioned (Astbury etc) are also elite then Richmond would have surely won more finals during their careers. The lack of finals success is evidence of those other guys not being elite
serpent_breadmaker alt account??

hardly sooking just find it hilarious how someone could be so deluded to think the best defender in the game wouldn't get a game for a side who finished bottom 4

Ok I'll play in here - as good as Rance is - Carlton would have no interest in signing players over a certain age - he is too old for Carlton rebuild - he doesn't fit the age profile - just liek Garry Abl;ett doesn't and a whole bunch of other don't - capiche?

The old players on the Carlton playing AFL starting lineup ( ie 30 +) are Murphy and Simpson - in an emergency an ASOS or Rowe might get a call up in defense from VFL duties. - even then we have 2 kids 20 years of age to come in ahead of them McCreadie and Williamson.

Hope this presents a logic you can understand.

Get these Carlton spag heads out of here. We’d be banned if we entered their board :cool:
tell ya what aggro come over to the Carlton board and I will look after you - as long as you keep your potty mouth under control - now go brush your teeth sonny.

So bad man.

Using your logic of a lack of finals success equals not being elite, there wouldn't be a single elite player at Carlton

So bad man.

Lack of finals success?

Get back under that rock you've been living under for the last six months. :rolleyes:

Ok I'll play in here - as good as Rance is - Carlton would have no interest in signing players over a certain age - he is too old for Carlton rebuild - he doesn't fit the age profile - just liek Garry Abl;ett doesn't and a whole bunch of other don't - capiche?

The old players on the Carlton playing AFL starting lineup ( ie 30 +) are Murphy and Simpson - in an emergency an ASOS or Rowe might get a call up in defense from VFL duties. - even then we have 2 kids 20 years of age to come in ahead of them McCreadie and Williamson.

Hope this presents a logic you can understand.
I reckon Jacob would be very happy to have Rance as a mentor. He's only 28.
Just as Rance was very happy for Chaplin to come over to help him out who was also 28 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back