Autopsy JTL1 v Adelaide Roast, Toast & Changes for JLT2

Best players vs Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's not forget the crows had a 2nd string midfield out there with possibly 5 mids missing, we had Rance out.
Ball movement improved as the game went on and tackling and intensity was good.
Costanza, Rioli, Butler all played well, Prestia is a gun and Caddy and Bank showed enough, Vlastuin is just a great competitor wherever he plays and did well.

We cannot give games to dumb players, B.Ellis, Hunt are dumb footballers who panic under pressure and turn it over time to stop the love affair.

No room for Batchelor in the side when Rance comes back

Although he was ok last night Griffiths will not make it, he just doesn't have the footy smarts to react quick enough or be able to read the ball, he is a giant that needs the ball plonked on his chest in space and sadly that's not good enough, perhaps he could be tried at CHB.

Need to find a CHF, either a small mobile one or Garthwaite or heaven forbid even Rance.

Agree with point about Griff. He will tease you with moments of great footy that reveals a lot of potential. He can't seem to put it all together and IMO it's mostly mental. Gentle giant with no confidence who struggles to impact games.

I would like to see Chol and Elton get a run as forwards in next JLT game

honestly it's his footy smarts, he can't read the game quickly enough and by the time he reacts he is closed down.

good forwards react quicker, read it better and play on instinct and Griffo doesn't have it.

look at Jack he is slow as a wet week but his reading of the play and footy smarts outside his opponents.

Really impressed with Astbury, don't care if Tex wasnt playing at 100% that's his problem, Astbury wore him like a glove. Get Rance in there and we have a very solid backline. I've read opposition forums (Geelong) and they're calling grimes and Astbury a joke, they'd slot straight into their pedestrian backline.

Get Rance in there and we have a very solid backline.

I think our backs (excluding Rance) are a real worry. Not much composure back there or footy smarts. We addressed inside mids well this offseason but the backline needs some serious upgrading asap. Some improvement will come internally hopefully but get ready to feel very frustrated at times about our backline this year. The only thing that will mitigate this is if our midfield becomes elite overall.

I disagree, think Hammer should be just a back up now. Nank The Tank has a physical presence that Hammer doesn't possess (but should). Nank is a bull, let him run it. I think he is the type that needs to be No. 1.
its not about where theyre ranked relative to ea other its about being able to use Nank deep forward, HTF do we do that when hes in the ruck for 120 minutes

I think our backs (excluding Rance) are a real worry. Not much composure back there or footy smarts. We addressed inside mids well this offseason but the backline needs some serious upgrading asap. Some improvement will come internally hopefully but get ready to feel very frustrated at times about our backline this year. The only thing that will mitigate this is if our midfield becomes elite overall.

Maybe, and I'm only judging off one game which is silly I guess. Josh J got hold of grimes but the others didn't really threaten too much, they were probably cruising but we still kept them to a respectable score for a team with such potency down forward.

Remember being at a tiges-poos/wees game many years ago and this hawk flog was rattling of the history of the RFC all match, and i'm talking past players, past ladder positions, 5/6 round draft picks of past years, this dude knew everything, hence to say we started giving him s**t that he knew more about the tigers than his own side, idiot got pissed off and started spurting out more RFC trivia thinking it was pissing us off. I'll never forget it it was so funny.

It was probably bentleigh. What happened to him?

Glad the son talked me into going. It was a pleasant evening.
A couple of beers and some great chips at some place on the walkway.
The footy we played after 1/4 time was very encouraging.
Lots of good performances but Daniel Rioli looks deliciously special!
Defence pretty good without Rance.
Adelaide are bloody big...has Stephen Dank moved states?

PS: Josh Jenkins really shits me for some reason.

There's been some comments about how dismal Brown was last night. My favourite was where he said that Taylor Walker is the best field kicking kpf in the comp - this in a match where he went at 45% efficiency and kicked one ball out on the full under no pressure. Jack's disposals for the night - 100%.
Brown has diminished brain cells...a yobbo that sprouts bull-shite cos he's a big man...and no one takes him on for it...
Was a good CHF...we've all move on from there now...

Brown has diminished brain cells...a yobbo that sprouts bull-shite cos he's a big man...and no one takes him on for it...
Was a good CHF...we've all move on from there now...

I loved how the commentary team was deriding Butler saying it's his third year about time he showed something despite being 20. 15 min later saying wigg is a third year player, real young break out type for crows.

I loved how the commentary team was deriding Butler saying it's his third year about time he showed something despite being 20. 15 min later saying wigg is a third year player, real young break out type for crows.
Yes...I think someone drove Brown home after the match...dementia has set in...his mouth overrides his pea brain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?..
Defence pretty good without Rance.
Adelaide are bloody big...has Stephen Dank moved states? PS: Josh Jenkins really shits me for some reason.

This... Was expecting our defence to leak without Rance keeping it together against the big and dangerously small Crows forwards

Good work all round

Positives:
- Quicker ball movement and willingness to pull trigger to attack from defense
- Variety in attack tall marking options, mid sized options and quick smalls
- Midfield depth improved
- Ivvy selling candy like a dirty old man in a unmarked van
- Nankervis being a solid around the ground option
- Vlastuin & Caddy resting forwards as goal kicking options
- Revamped back line missing Rance and Houli as well, kept full strength Crows forwards to 10 goals
- Defensive pressure much improved

Negatives:
- Plenty of turnovers while trying to take the game on, need to tidy that up
- Struggled to get on top of a side missing key midfielders

Changes:
Out - Prestia Hunt Lennon
In - Rance Short Bolton

B: Batchelor Astbury Grimes
HB: McIntosh Rance B.Ellis
C: Grigg Vlastuin C.Ellis
HF: Cotchin Griffiths Martin
F: Rioli Riewoldt Lloyd
R: Nankervis Caddy Miles
INT: Edwards Short Maric Bolton Conca Markov Butler Castagna

Positives:
- Quicker ball movement and willingness to pull trigger to attack from defense
- Variety in attack tall marking options, mid sized options and quick smalls
- Midfield depth improved
- Ivvy selling candy like a dirty old man in a unmarked van
- Nankervis being a solid around the ground option
- Vlastuin & Caddy resting forwards as goal kicking options
- Revamped back line missing Rance and Houli as well, kept full strength Crows forwards to 10 goals
- Defensive pressure much improved

Negatives:
- Plenty of turnovers while trying to take the game on, need to tidy that up
- Struggled to get on top of a side missing key midfielders

Changes:
Out - Prestia Hunt Lennon
In - Rance Short Bolton

B: Batchelor Astbury Grimes
HB: McIntosh Rance B.Ellis
C: Grigg Vlastuin C.Ellis
HF: Cotchin Griffiths Martin
F: Rioli Riewoldt Lloyd
R: Nankervis Caddy Miles
INT: Edwards Short Maric Bolton Conca Markov Butler Castagna
Changes Houli back flank
Short back pocket
Batch out
BEllis out or wing
Conca Cellis Houli could rotate wing half back

Changes I would make:

Rance for Batchelor.
Prestia for Townsend.
Short for Hunt.
Houli for Brandon Ellis.

Far and away the most concerning thing about last nights game was the clear lack of composure from our backs. Brandon Ellis, McIntosh, Hunt, Conca, Grimes, Markov and Batchelor all panicked under pressure (some worse than others) and their disposal by foot when under pressure was erratic.

What was it that a number of guys appeared to be wearing behind their left ear on Friday night ? Astbury, Vlaustin, Butler, Caddy and one or two others seemed to have something stuck behind their ear ?

Back