Autopsy JTL1 v Adelaide Roast, Toast & Changes for JLT2

Best players vs Adelaide

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching replay now, passage of play was Cellis to Butler who marked turned around spotted Grigg and hit him with no delay, John Brown and I quote,

" that ball has to hit Grigg quicker if Richmond want to improve " FMD

Brown is a moron. No brains to begin with and even less after he finished playing.

We got better as the game went on, Adelaide were missing alot of players so i thought a 3 goal win in a pracy match with that lineup was about par.

Dion Prestia. Busy player.
Nick Vlastuin. Looked great when moved forward in the second half.
Dylan Grimes. Was ok, had to play taller without Rance.
Dan Butler. Lively, but made a few mistakes.
Jake Batchelor. Had a tough night on the talls.
Daniel Rioli. He's ours, yay!
Anthony Miles. Standard game.
Jason Castagna. Like Butler, lively but fumbly.
Corey Ellis. Was brilliant at times, terrible others.
Toby Nankervis. Awesome...
Shaun Grigg. Standard game.
Trent Cotchin Busy.
Jack Riewoldt. Lazy three from Jack.
David Astbury. Good stopping job on Walker.
Brandon Ellis. Was our designated kicker across hb and his disposal was terrible.
Dustin Martin. Just cruising.
Oleg Markov. I thought he was poor tonight.
Sam Lloyd. Didnt get alot of the ball.
Ben Lennon. Ran around all night getting nowhere.
Ben Griffiths. Quiet.
Ivan Maric. Was poor apart from that dummy sell.
Josh Caddy. Good first up.
Reece Conca. Thought he played a good game down back.
Taylor Hunt. Battles away but light framed and questionable disposal.
Shane Edwards. Busy.
Kamdyn McIntosh. Liked him down back, he can run in straight lines and is tough.
Good summary, went along and pretty much agree with most of that.
Butler deserves more praise imo was very good and on tonight's game a big chance R1.
Think Nankervis will get the gig as first ruck, a bit of a rough diamond but plenty to work with.

Enjoyed the game. However was a JLT pre-season match up against an under strength Adelaide side.

There's a lot for us to look forward to and it's really hard for me not to get excited. Can't wait to see how we go in the season proper.

Astbury was awesome, did a great job on Tex!

Loving Rioli, Prestia, Caddy and Nankervis, all had awesome games.

Jack was unbelievable didn't have much of the ball but every time he had the ball he made something happen.

Lloyd will be fine, he is not a marking option, he is a large crumber.

He's creative. One play when he stepped out of a tackle and hit butler lace out in the goal square. Can play and looks fit

Let me get this off my chest first, Jono Brown has no ******* idea about us, I swear he watched only 2 tiger games last year and they were the GWS and Syd games and he has based his assessments of those two games, tool.

Now for some game analysis, gonna love the Nank and Prestia partnership in the future.

Markov will be one of the best half back players in the comp in 2 short years IMO.

Our guns just worked the rust out, no need to go full throttle, that's for round 1.

Maric just might surprise us in 2017 when we all wrote him off.

Ball movement and being an option was better, don't think we have shown our full deck yet.
Agree 100% with everything you said

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Hahaha oh my God, is that knob aware how many goals they got gifted from terrible calls or no calls that favoured them?

22 to 11 frees and they are sooking about umps Hahaha funny s**t

Their team is the definition of downhill skiers, full of cheap goals out the back

summing up, signs look good, I ******* KNEW VLASTUIN WOULD BE GOOD IN THE MIDDLE, but how good was his big body in the fwd too? i KNEW HE WAS WASTED IN THE BACKLINE, thank god the new coaches saw fit to put him there, anyway it looks good but as always am slightly cautious, ill let the lid off and drink till i die when we win a final but looking good!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also guys its a lose lose situation for us with these games, win and idiots from opp claim we are getting ahead of ourselves and its just a pre season game, lose and we get bagged for being s**t despite it being a pre season game, so basically everyone but us are hypocrites and id love to just once shut those morons up

Let me get this off my chest first, Jono Brown has no ******* idea about us, I swear he watched only 2 tiger games last year and they were the GWS and Syd games and he has based his assessments of those two games, tool.

Now for some game analysis, gonna love the Nank and Prestia partnership in the future.

Markov will be one of the best half back players in the comp in 2 short years IMO.

Our guns just worked the rust out, no need to go full throttle, that's for round 1.

Maric just might surprise us in 2017 when we all wrote him off.

Ball movement and being an option was better, don't think we have shown our full deck yet.
Brown is a few cans short of a six pack.

Hahaha oh my God, is that knob aware how many goals they got gifted from terrible calls or no calls that favoured them?

22 to 11 frees and they are sooking about umps Hahaha funny s**t

Their team is the definition of downhill skiers, full of cheap goals out the back

They were certainly further down on players then us but not significantly. Sloane, Thompson, Lever and Cheney would have made a difference and I think it says a lot for their depth that they pushed us. But that was just a bitter ramble.

Start of the game I'm thinking - here we go again can't get it out of our D50 can't keep it in our A50. Fumble,bumble, sigh. Then came the 2nd half and something clicked. Confidence and effort works wonders.

Just thoroughly enjoyed sitting back and watching that 2nd half.

lol

what, they had two experienced players out? and our best players were only going at 50%

Don't forget we were without Rance and Houli. That is some serious rebounding talent missing from our squad. That meant we had the likes of Ellis at HB and Batch on their 2nd tall. Given how high scoring Adelaide normally is I'd say us missing Rance is about a big a deal as Adelaide missing Sloane. Both AA champions for teams with very little depth for their position.

I'm not going to put too much stock in what some salty crow fans think. Win or lose this game was more about our game plan and structure as well as getting some experience into our young talent and what I saw was some promising signs.

Back