Certified Legendary Thread JUBJUB R.I.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heart sank when I saw the thread title. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sad that we no longer have the privilege of his contributions, and more importantly, cruel that he couldn't live a longer life. RIP Jub. :(

It's been about nine hours since I first heard the news, and I'm still stunned that JUBJUB has left us at such a young age. Like others have stated before, once I heard news he was back home I thought he was well on the road to recovery. Alas it wasn't to be.

It was staggering how often JUBJUB would be able to diffuse a thread with a well timed meme or gif. I'd lost count of how often I'd read something and want to respond in a slightly negative fashion, only to see a post from JUBJUB and laugh so hard I'd completely forgotten what I was getting so worked up about in the first place.

Guess the adage is true after all - only the good die young. Rest in peace mate. You'll be missed.

I have a message from an old friend and foe's of JubJubs....

"Thanks for the message mate.. That's horrible to hear about jub. One of the good guys."

VC sends his regards.

Go Catters
Where is he?

Always brought with him a sense of fun and a great sense of humour even at a heated moment in a thread. Will be missed. Vale JubJub

I feel like I am not doing JUBJUB justice to post this without a GIF. Still shocked and saddened at the news. JUBJUB was such a stalwart of this place and had been around so long that you always you knew he could be relied upon to diffuse negative situations with well placed humour that would make us laugh, and you could see that for all the witty barbs thrown back and forth he really genuinely cared about the club and especially about this board and it's people. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in real life but something makes me think if I did that's the sort of guy I would have found him to be. Hopefully we can all honour his passing by keeping that sort of spirit alive among our board community in how we make each other laugh and how we care about the community.

44 is just too young, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I feel like I am not doing JUBJUB justice to post this without a GIF. Still shocked and saddened at the news. JUBJUB was such a stalwart of this place and had been around so long that you always you knew he could be relied upon to diffuse negative situations with well placed humour that would make us laugh, and you could see that for all the witty barbs thrown back and forth he really genuinely cared about the club and especially about this board and it's people. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in real life but something makes me think if I did that's the sort of guy I would have found him to be. Hopefully we can all honour his passing by keeping that sort of spirit alive among our board community in how we make each other laugh and how we care about the community.

44 is just too young, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
What a beautiful post PO, you are a lovely man + I'm glad I've had the privilege of meeting you.

I'll always remember Jub's Walter White profile picture + when Jub posted, it was like Walter White was speaking + I'd her Walter White reading Jub's memes ;)

I always associated Walter White with JubJub, long after he changed his avatar

RIP Jub. My condolences to his loved ones and everyone on the Cats board. We might be foes on the footy field, but we stand aside you in the passing of a great poster.

Still trying to comprehend that this has happened and to happen at such a young age :thumbsdown:. JUBJUB was around since the dawn of (Bigfooty) time, I will always remember him for stirring the mods and other posters that acted like DQs and a being a massive rev head. It's just a shame he can't post beyond the grave as that would really freak the DQs out :D...:(.

Anyway it would have been great to have met him even just to say hi, but alas it's been an absolute pleasure posting with him.

Be seeing you again JUBs

I always associated Walter White with JubJub, long after he changed his avatar
I think I would have too, but Jub gave me the picture - link below - so I've always thought of him + his cat in their tin foil hats. Nevertheless, I do remember his Walter White avatar + his Simpson JubJub avatar *sigh*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when I modded this board I had to ban him more than a few times for some of the stuff he posted. I only did this because he broke the rules (often on purpose), but I always loved his sense of humor, and if I had a favorite on the board, it was him. He knew this too, and always took my moderation on the chin with a laugh, rather than the usual tantrums I got. I'm so gutted to hear this great bloke has passed away so young. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Life is so unfair most of the time, but my life is better for having known Jubs, even if I only knew him through a forum. He made me laugh, and he made this forum a better place. RIP old mate.

Would love to see a DQ award.

'DQ' is synonymous with JubJub.
Or the Geelong Board best player adjudged by us could be the recipient of the JubJub 'Medal'. I know the Collingwood board did something similar for Didaka

Related, and to those who used to visit Cats Claw and may not have heard - another long time poster there, Bobcat, died a few weeks ago.

Bobcat and Jub had regular and humorous exchanges on Cats Claw. Bobcat, when in full rant mode, would call Jub - JibberJabber. :D

Very sad to hear, in one guise or another I've been on the board since about 2000, Jub is probably the earliest other cat's fan I can remember from then.

Met up with him one time at a home game, (I think it was the wettest day ever debacle v North at KP around 2002), was a lot quieter IRL than the board persona, but seemed a really good genuine fella with a great sense of humour, and a deep love of the GFC.

Condolences to friends and family, far too young to go.

RIP JubJub.

I remember when I modded this board I had to ban him more than a few times for some of the stuff he posted. I only did this because he broke the rules (often on purpose), but I always loved his sense of humor, and if I had a favorite on the board, it was him. He knew this too, and always took my moderation on the chin with a laugh, rather than the usual tantrums I got. I'm so gutted to hear this great bloke has passed away so young. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Life is so unfair most of the time, but my life is better for having known Jubs, even if I only knew him through a forum. He made me laugh, and he made this forum a better place. RIP old mate.
You were always a very fair + balanced Mod + when I was active on BF, I missed your posts. Hope you're well CF?

Or the Geelong Board best player adjudged by us could be the recipient of the JubJub 'Medal'. I know the Collingwood board did something similar for Didaka
That's a great idea Sttew!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back