Judas Priest

Remove this Banner Ad

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is anyone going to see Judas Priest when they tour Australia next week?

I'm going to the Melbourne show at the Palace on December 3rd, although I haven't got my ticket yet.

Does anyone care to speculate what the set list might look like - will it contain mostly stuff off the two albums with Ripper Owens (Jugulator & Demolition), or will they play mostly the songs from their most successful era (1980's British Steel to 1992's Painkiller)?

Judas Priest have definitely progressed a lot since their early days. The mellow and almost operatic tones of some sections of their first two albums in the mid 70s are no longer evident, which I think is a bit of a shame. While Priest are most well known for their purist's heavy metal (which they do very well), I think their first two albums were actually their best.

I'm presumming some of the bludgeoning riffery from "Sad Wings of Destiny" will get a run, with tracks like The Ripper, Victim of Changes and Tyrant an essential part of any Priest live set.
Although I don't expect it at all, I'd also like to hear Dreamer Deceiver, and Glenn Tipton's solo tracks Paint It Black & BaptiZm of Fire.

Not really a fan of the two albums with Owens up front. Nothing wrong with his vocals, but I think the songwriting is not what it used to be, and the 20+ tracks from those two albums sound pretty same-ish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back