Team Captain
Oct 5, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Read this today about Chris Judd's appearance for East Perth:-

"Over time, the story of Chris Judd’s first game of senior footy has gained almost mythical status in Perth.

Despite his big reputation, West Coast coach John Worsfold opted to leave Judd out of his Round 1 team to face Fremantle in 2002 – leaving him available for East Perth and their Foundation Day derby with West Perth.

The possession count varies – his coach that day, Tony Micale, put it at 25. Micale’s rival Darren Harris remembered it at as being in the high 30s."

bit.ly/1F5R3WO

Anyone got an actual possession figure? Micale and Harris with pretty different views. WAFL website no good, only has him down as four goals. http://www.wafl.com.au/games/view/5028

Have read a few things about it over the years. One of those great stories. Would LOVED to have been there.

Last edited:

What was the crowd like mate? I'm kind of imagining a hushed awe :-D
From memory it was a bit of everything. Awe, unbridled enthusiasm , shock, marvel. Sadness also that you knew he would never wear a royals jumper again. I've got the game on vcr somewhere. I'll have to try and dig it out over the weekend.

From memory it was a bit of everything. Awe, unbridled enthusiasm , shock, marvel. Sadness also that you knew he would never wear a royals jumper again. I've got the game on vcr somewhere. I'll have to try and dig it out over the weekend.

MATE! Get that thing captured and up on YouTube! I reckon it'd get a couple hundred thousand views.

Would be great to be able to watch the game

Saw this game on ABC TV ,Judd sort of looked out of place ,he was so good for a young 1st gamer I remember telling some mates at work that Judd could have kicked at least 6 goals because there were a couple of times He was available as a option but wasn`t used .

From my memory it was 25-28 disposals, pretty sure he didn't get to 30. Did get 5 Sandover votes though.

To watch the game was like Dermott commentating that game in Brisbane in his second year. Always saying "oh s**t" and "god look at this kid". Didn't need Micale telling the crowd he wouldn't be back, everyone knew.

I was at the G the following week :D
I will never forgive Brodie Holland though..... kicks 8 and about two months into the season he's on about 15 in the Coleman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my memory it was 25-28 disposals, pretty sure he didn't get to 30. Did get 5 Sandover votes though.

To watch the game was like Dermott commentating that game in Brisbane in his second year. Always saying "oh s**t" and "god look at this kid". Didn't need Micale telling the crowd he wouldn't be back, everyone knew.

GhojYQ6.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back