Mega Thread Judgement Day has passed... "It is what it is", but what is it?

Will Neeld be coaching MFC on Queen's Birthday?

• Yes

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If true i am not sure what is worst, Neeld going or Rawlings coaching

both would be a mega fail.

In all the uncertainty about this decision, there is one definite thing that you can say about the whole scenario. NEVER ask Lyon to pick a coach for you. You should mark that one down and make a banner out of it..

The way I look at it? If Mark Neeld were to be sacked tomorrow, at least we're guaranteed some sort of change. Whether or not that be the right choice, at least it's something. Perhaps with that sacking comes back a ray of the hope we've lost this year.

If coaches are continually sacked, the players end up waiting for the next one to come off the production line. I understand your feelings but short-term thinking and lack of commitment to coaches got the demons in this hole in the first place - and that goes right back to Norm Smith. The key issue is not whether Neeld is sacked but whether you've found the right person to be coach for the next five years. And not just the right coach but the right administrators and support staff. Picking Chris Connelly and Cameron Schwab was a recipe for gloss and meddling...the club needs people with commitment and backbone...good luck!

I hope we dont say anything about what happened in the meeting today to troll the media hard.

NO media conference scheduled or anything. Fk 'em. Bunch of w***ers.

No doubt Caro and Purple will be apoplectic on Footy Classified tonight. Club can't win either way - sack him and we took the easy way out, don't sack him and we are weak for not making the hard decisions. They and the rest of the flogs in the media can GAGF!!!!

No doubt Caro and Purple will be apoplectic on Footy Classified tonight. Club can't win either way - sack him and we took the easy way out, don't sack him and we are weak for not making the hard decisions. They and the rest of the flogs in the media can GAGF!!!!

"More salt please.

"More.

"More.

"More.

"More.

"Too much."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is what the media does. Find the story.

Amateurish if he's been sacked IMO. Obviously means it was pre-meditated despite the talk of its 'its just a Board meeting like any other.'

As a North supporter I really feel for your club, Neeld unfortunately is not the answer, the night he did the behind the scenes pre-match address on tv really hurt his brand, he was uninspiring (I think you got flogged by 150 points) and I would not respond to him if I was a player. The sooner he goes the better I think for you guys. Just DO NOT let Gary Lyon anywhere the coaching recruitment process, he is a curse on your great club. All the best!

I would like to see Melbourne keep Neeld, at least until the end of his contract.

Contracts used to mean something once. It meant that each party will meet their obligation FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTRACT, not just abandon it when one party feels like it.

Keep Neeld, but tell him that, if he wants a contract in 2014, he must achieve the goal to have Melbourne competitive and touching or near finals (at least 8, or 9th because of percentage), and Neeld gets a new contract and more time. If his contract runs out at the end of 2014, and little and no improvement, tell him thanks but you have decided that it hasn' worked out and you want to go in a new direction, and you can let him go without having to pay him out.

It also seems that Neeld's sacking has become more personal than business. It seems that Neeld is not well-liked, but popularity shouldn't be the deciding criteria. Neeld hasn't delivered, so he may not be the right man, but his record, not his personality, should be an issue. It seems that many in the media are looking forward to seeing Neeld get sacked, and will keep chipping away until they get their man.

One question. If the coach is the reason for Melbourne's failure, then how come Melbourne players seem to have been near the bottom of the ladder and been thrashed many times under Neale Daniher, Dean Bailey and Mark Neeld? Maybe the real problem is the 22 out on the field each week.

ABC re-tweeted another random... Does not seem legit.
For me, ABC is trustworthy. I remember their good work on getting the facts right before the Leadership spill in 2010.
I'd hope they'd do the same thing here

Check club website:

To Members and Supporters,

In today’s Board meeting Peter Jackson presented his early recommendations for our Club following his first month in the role of CEO. Peter Jackson has been asked by the Board to examine every aspect of the Club and today he outlined a number of changes he believes are required to take our Club forward. In coming weeks and months we will seek to change the structure of the Football Department as well as a number of other aspects of our business.

Today, as with all Board Meetings, there was a presentation from the Football Department from Mark Neeld, Neil Craig, Todd Viney and Josh Mahoney. Our on-field performances have not met expectations this year and everyone in the Football Department continues to face ongoing assessment in their roles as do those employed in other areas of the Club. The Club will make no further comment at this time, in relation to the senior coach position.

We are extremely pleased to announce today that following the Board’s request to Peter Jackson to extend his tenure as CEO beyond the initial 6 month contract, he has agreed to stay in the role of CEO until at least the end of 2014.

I will continue to provide you with regular updates.

Don McLardy

Back