Current Julian Assange arrested. * Priti Patel approves US extradition 17/6/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I agree, journalism isn't a crime. Assange isn't facing charges for being a journalist.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
You dont think this US military murder of innocent civilians is not a concern??
But your more worried about the guy who runs a journalistic website for whistle blowers who made this available to the world???:rolleyes:

You didn't know that sort of stuff happens in war zones before Wikileaks told you??? :rolleyes:

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You didn't know that sort of stuff happens in war zones before Wikileaks told you??? :rolleyes:
Yes i did.

But it is proof! If your so ambivalent about this proof you must not be worried about journalists reporting this also.

Why are are you more concerned about a journalist reporting the crimes than the crimes themselves???
Unbelievable. Actually pathetic.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Yes i did.

But it is proof! If your so ambivalent about this proof you must not be worried about journalists reporting this also.

Why are are you more concerned about a journalist reporting the crimes than the crimes themselves???

Because he's an apologist for the western corporate/government power-trope, & it's rampant global criminality.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Yes i did.

We already had proof that war crimes happen without Wikileaks putting the footage on display. That's just an excuse. As you just posted, you already know these things happen.

And there you go again with the (again misguided) personal stuff. Where have I said the war crimes don't bother me? This topic's about JA. Obviously the war crimes themselves don't bother you because you don't comment on them...Unbelievable. Actually pathetic.

You'll be next to go on ignore because, frankly, your posts are full of misrepresentative garbage and aren't worth reading.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We already had proof that war crimes happen without Wikileaks putting the footage on display. That's just an excuse. As you just posted, you already know these things happen.

And there you go again with the (again misguided) personal stuff. Where have I said the war crimes don't bother me? This topic's about JA. Obviously the war crimes themselves don't bother you because you don't comment on them...Unbelievable. Actually pathetic.

You'll be next to go on ignore because, frankly, your posts are full of misrepresentative garbage and aren't worth reading

LOL....Oh No, the Sprockets ignore button.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

You'll be next to go on ignore because, frankly, your posts are full of misrepresentative garbage and aren't worth reading.
Please explain why you are more concerned about a journalist reporting on crimes than the crimes themselves??
A very reasonable question when many people get murdered. Assange did not kill anyone.

You make statements you cannot back up and this is the reason you will put me on ignore. Cannot defend the indefensible.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Please explain why you are more concerned about a journalist reporting on crimes than the crimes themselves??
A very reasonable question when many people get murdered. Assange did not kill anyone.

You make statements you cannot back up and this is the reason you will put me on ignore. Cannot defend the indefensible.
It's a stupid question because you're saying I'm "more concerned about a journalist reporting on crimes than the crimes themselves" which is something I've never stated and is untrue. Get a life ffs.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Hey Trump, remember WikiLeaks & Assange, whom you quoted over 110 times during your election campaign, in order to help get you elected?....Yet now you completely turn your back on them & seek to both disown & destroy them both?

The assault on Assange is an assault on free-speech everywhere, Democracy & The U.S constitution itself, via the attempted over-turning of First amendment rights....Something every so-called Democratic Western country, have turned their backs upon.

Assange is still exposing them all bigly, for the criminal rat-bags that they are, by their willingness to circumvent & undermine the very basis & foundations of Western Democracy itself, by their treatment of him.....Idiots.

Julian Assange, I salute you for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a stupid question because you're saying I'm "more concerned about a journalist reporting on crimes than the crimes themselves" which is something I've never stated and is untrue. Get a life ffs.
Hey, whats your problem with Wikileaks and Assange then??? The organisation that shared these crimes with the world.
By putting down Assange and the leaks of crimes he shared with the world you are in fact supporting the USA crimes. That is what Assange is highlighting.
I dont get it, why would you have a problem with assange for doing this great deed.

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

Hey Trump, remember WikiLeaks & Assange, whom you quoted over 110 times during your election campaign, in order to help get you elected?....Yet now you completely turn your back on them & seek to both disown & destroy them both?

The assault on Assange is an assault on free-speech everywhere, Democracy & The U.S constitution itself, via the attempted over-turning of First amendment rights....Something every so-called Democratic Western country, have turned their backs upon.

Assange is still exposing them all bigly, for the criminal rat-bags that they are, by their willingness to circumvent & undermine the very basis & foundations of Western Democracy itself, by their treatment of him.....Idiots.

Julian Assange, I salute you for this.

It is scary that this is being allowed to happen.
The Australian government is complicit with its apathy.
A journalist releasing footage of crimes committed by allied governments then he he is punished for doing this.

We are heading into scary territory. I would s hate to be a teenager . We cry about the crimes of china agiainst its own people but that is where we are heading.
Just have to see how the liberal government used the Federal police to harass the media this week while ignoring the leeks during the election.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It is scary that this is being allowed to happen.
The Australian government is complicit with its apathy.
A journalist releasing footage of crimes committed by allied governments then he he is punished for doing this.

We are heading into scary territory. I would s hate to be a teenager . We cry about the crimes of china agiainst its own people but that is where we are heading.
Just have to see how the liberal government used the Federal police to harass the media this week while ignoring the leeks during the election.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Hey, whats your problem with Wikileaks and Assange then??? The organisation that shared these crimes with the world.
By putting down Assange and the leaks of crimes he shared with the world you are in fact supporting the USA crimes. That is what Assange is highlighting.
I dont get it, why would you have a problem with assange for doing this great deed.
Because I don't agree with how JA goes about it (thinks he's above the law) means I support US war crimes, even though I already knew about them before Wikileaks published the videos? That's enough of your dribble for me, you're as dishonest as any of them, and ignored.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Because I don't agree with how JA goes about it (thinks he's above the law) means I support US war crimes, even though I already knew about them before Wikileaks published the videos? That's enough of your dribble for me, you're as dishonest as any of them, and ignored.

Says the poster who can't handle being held to account for his opinions & their logical consequences.

You've been Outed mate.

Oh &.... Nice melt.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
What is he meant to do, politely ask “ excuse me i wish to share some footage of your war crimes”???
How should he go about it??
US military murdered innocent people and your just worried that Assange gets punished for showing it.

Run and hide, you lambast Assange but then cant take anyone disagreeing with you.
You put down Assange then back pedal by saying i never said i support US war crimes.

Assange is fighting war crimes, you support punishment of Assange for highlighting war crimes. What other conclusion can anyone make.
Why would anyone support war criminals and not support the guy who highlighted these war crimes is beyond me.
If Assange had not done this these individuals would have died without anyone knowing why or how it occurred.
Hope you enjoy the sound of your own voice and it gives you comfort. Just know that your living a fantasy.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
About time. Waleed Ali.

If we'd built a more civically minded culture we would not be having debates about, say, whether Julian Assange is a nice guy, or whether what he does is responsible journalism. We would instead be asking whether the basic elements of the crime he's alleged to have committed against America – encouraging a whistleblower to disclose classified information – are the same basic elements of so much investigative journalism.

The point is not Julian Assange. The point is the way the crime is framed – not the alleged criminal, but the things being criminalised. Just as the point is not whether the person being raided is a journalist or a citizen, but the extent to which those powers are ripe for abuse. If the only freedom you care about is freedom of the press, soon enough that will fold too because you've created a culture that's insensitive to civil ideals.

Perhaps we've spent so long framing public debates as personality contests and culture wars – focusing on whether we like the people aggrieved or what they represent – that we've forgotten how to make them about abstract but fundamental ideas like the limits on state power.

The problem with all that is eventually the only good guys left in the public imagination are the ones with that power and the capacity to abuse it. And at that point, you can complain all you like, but you can't expect there to be anyone left to hear it.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/if-...here-s-why-you-should-be-20190606-p51v0h.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back