Current Julian Assange arrested. * Priti Patel approves US extradition 17/6/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

"ABC chair Ita Buttrose will meet with Prime Minister Scott Morrison as the public broadcaster considers taking legal action over an Australian Federal Police raid on its Sydney headquarters. ..."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...d/news-story/2deb75e3d288838dd56c7f658fc1d0ee

What strikes me, apart from the obvious bias of the media in the matter, is that the same people who don't trust msm are all for them doing as they like for a headline.

Also, it's mentioned in the article that Australia may have committed "unlawful killings in Afghanistan and based on leaked Defence papers" but did anyone at all believe our country hadn't done the same as every other country (basically, war crimes) before these documents were leaked? Does the public really need the details or is this more about the ABC getting a scoop, one that will cause faux outrage, which is the best type of scoop as far as media is concerned?

Oh Lordy. :rolleyes:o_O:drunk:….I love how you just gloss over the 'basically war crimes' bit & then go on a moral crusade against the press & it's/our freedoms thereafter.

These 'war crimes' are happening right across the Middle East, Northern Africa & Eurasia on a daily basis, even as we speak, for the past 18 years.... They have cost almost 10 million lives & caused massive disruption across the globe, With the ensuing refuge & humanitarian crisis, caused by these illegal & unconstitutional wars....All in the pursuit of stealing other countries oil without paying for it....Both Iran & Venezuela are currently being starved out & choked to death by the IMF & world banks, where the most vulnerable will also perish as a result.....All in the name of greed, power & Empire, in maintaining the Anglo/ U.S Petro-Dollar.

The West is suppose to be progressive & the upholder & bearer of justice, Democracy & human/equal rights....Not their worst enemy.....That is the meaning of the Statue of Liberty.

And you still just don't get it.

This vid is not about Julian Assange directly....However, it does address the notion & instances of War crimes that makes it directly pertinent to the context of this thread.....The moral indifference & dismissiveness over the significance & repugnance of western war-crimes.....The complete loss of a moral perspective in assessing proportionality, when it comes to concerns that should be taking precedence in a humanitarian, Democratic & MSM newsworthy context.

And the Western establishment know this full-well....Which explains precisely why they wish to both punish & silence Assange at all costs.....In his exposing their moral bankruptcy & mass indifferent criminality against Muslims.

Oh Lordy. :rolleyes:o_O:drunk:….I love how you just gloss over the 'basically war crimes' bit & then go on a moral crusade against the press & it's/our freedoms thereafter.

These 'war crimes' are happening right across the Middle East, Northern Africa & Eurasia on a daily basis, even as we speak, for the past 18 years.... They have cost almost 10 million lives & caused massive disruption across the globe, With the ensuing refuge & humanitarian crisis, caused by these illegal & unconstitutional wars....All in the pursuit of stealing other countries oil without paying for it....Both Iran & Venezuela are currently being starved out & choked to death by the IMF & world banks, where the most vulnerable will also perish as a result.....All in the name of greed, power & Empire, in maintaining the Anglo/ U.S Petro-Dollar.

The West is suppose to be progressive & the upholder & bearer of justice, Democracy & human/equal rights....Not their worst enemy.....That is the meaning of the Statue of Liberty.

And you still just don't get it.
He has the blinkers permantly on.

"ABC chair Ita Buttrose will meet with Prime Minister Scott Morrison as the public broadcaster considers taking legal action over an Australian Federal Police raid on its Sydney headquarters. ..."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...d/news-story/2deb75e3d288838dd56c7f658fc1d0ee

What strikes me, apart from the obvious bias of the media in the matter, is that the same people who don't trust msm are all for them doing as they like for a headline.

Also, it's mentioned in the article that Australia may have committed "unlawful killings in Afghanistan and based on leaked Defence papers" but did anyone at all believe our country hadn't done the same as every other country (basically, war crimes) before these documents were leaked? Does the public really need the details or is this more about the ABC getting a scoop, one that will cause faux outrage, which is the best type of scoop as far as media is concerned?
If our country are killing innocent people the public have a right and need to know.
Any wonder the Middle East are able to develop extremist groups to terrorise western countries.

It makes you roll your eyes but it is nothing new.
Hussain and Gaddafi were both propped up by the yanks before they decided they were superfluous to the US needs.

Much as Assange was once the Darling of the Liberal elites, but after his Hilary & DNC disclosures, they wanted him dead....And now that Trump & his posse have used him for their own gain, they too want rid of him.

There is indeed an underlying consistency in all this....The hypocrisy of Empire.

Not sure if this is actually going to help Assange but he has received an award by Club de Periodistas (Journalists) in Mexico.
Of course the (real) media is behind him 100%. They want access to everything they can get their hands on as well, it gives them great headlines.

Of course the (real) media is behind him 100%. They want access to everything they can get their hands on as well, it gives them great headlines.

Right....And by 'real' media, you're speaking of the same corporate controlled western cronies who all got behind the farcical wMD BS.....That would be the self-same privilege the Pentagon & State Dept utilised in selling that war prefaced upon 'higher' intel.

History aint your strong suit either.

I don't know why the site shows me that Proc35 has posted when I have him on ignore but I thought I'd take a look at his post. Not sure how I've misunderstood history when you're basically agreeing with me. The media want headlines and they don't care how they get them, be it publishing 'classified' information or anything else - war makes for good headlines much like war crimes or espionage do. At least I think you're agreeing in that jumbled up mess of a post. Back to ignore for you, I was right the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The United States government has formally submitted an extradition request to the UK for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, a US official says.

Assange faces an 18-count indictment that accuses him of soliciting and publishing classified information and of conspiring with former Army private Chelsea Manning to crack a Defense Department computer password. ..."

https://www.news.com.au/world/break...e/news-story/b62eef57207a1f4e65b52de951c66db1

It will be very interesting to see how the case against Australian David McBride ex-military lawyer, is resolved. He's accused simply of doing what Chelsea Manning did, leaking classified documents.

McBride leaked to journalists Dan Oakes, Andrew Clark and Chris Masters, who produced the 2017 investigative report The Afghan Files. Should Oakes, Clark and Masters face similar charges as Julian Assange who did the same thing which was to receive the leaks and go to press/publish.

Is the ABC sitting on documents far more damning that we're blind to and it's those the AFP was really looking for?

The government has delayed a case against a former Australian military lawyer, charged over the leaking of sensitive documents to ABC journalists, while it works out how to deal with the secret information in court.

David William McBride, 55, was committed to stand trial in May on a charge of theft of commonwealth property, three counts of breaching the Defence Act, and the unauthorised disclosure of information.

At a directions hearing in the ACT Supreme Court on Thursday, lawyers for the Commonwealth and Crown asked for an adjournment so they could work out how the sensitive information involved would be dealt with in court.

The case was adjourned for a fortnight, until June 27.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges and maintains it was his duty as an army officer to reveal what he saw as wrongdoing.

"My defence is that it is an army officer's duty to rebel against an unjust and illegal and immoral regime," he told reporters on Thursday.He says he was appalled by what he saw in Afghanistan.

"I've been to the killing fields in Rwanda, I've been to Afghanistan under the Taliban - what I saw in the Australian government in 2013 and the leadership of the ADF was worse than anything I'd ever seen in my life," he said.

"It was disgusting and once every Australian hears about it and understands the implications, you would be sickened ... you would be ashamed to be an Australian."

While he would prefer media reporting on the trial be allowed, he believes having a closed court could benefit his case because it would allow him to share frankly what happened in Afghanistan, and in cabinet meetings and with Defence leadership.

"None of it is about our secret mind-reading powers, it's all about what happened 10 years ago on a mountaintop in Afghanistan and what happened across the lake in parliament.

"The eyes of the world are on us now to look very closely at what we have done under the euphemism of national security."

McBride was arrested by federal police at Sydney airport on his way to his new home in Spain in September 2018, after returning to Australia briefly for a father-daughter school dance.

Police had raided his home in February 2018, armed with a search warrant looking for information relating to the ABC journalists, military files and the news stories.

Federal police raided the ABC's Sydney headquarters on June 5 this year, sparking outrage over press freedom and whistleblower protections.

McBride served for nearly six years with the British Armed Forces before serving in the Australian Defence Force from 2008 to 2017, and completed two tours of Afghanistan.
He was medically discharged in 2017.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/e...me-court/6e148b56-9fc2-45f2-a77b-bebbe1b50c57

So this traitor served for Britain and Australia and decided he'd prefer to live in Spain and away from his family? By serving you sign up (to possibly kill people, probably good honest citizens in their home country) to protect OUR way of life, even though OUR way of life also has its demons, but you'd already know that before signing.

If found guilty he should be locked up for whatever amount of time the judge gives him and then sent on his way to that country who've never committed war crimes or any other type of crime, Spain. Do they still stab bulls there in the name of sport?

So this traitor served for Britain and Australia and decided he'd prefer to live in Spain and away from his family? By serving you sign up (to possibly kill people, probably good honest citizens in their home country) to protect OUR way of life, even though OUR way of life also has its demons, but you'd already know that before signing.

If found guilty he should be locked up for whatever amount of time the judge gives him and then sent on his way to that country who've never committed war crimes or any other type of crime, Spain. Do they still stab bulls there in the name of sport?

Sprockets, even understanding that mistakes are made and 'the fog of war' trope, there are rules. It's not a free for all for psychopaths who might have got through and into the uniform to unleash their worst impulses without accountability nor should leadership that may have failed evade scrutiny.

Should there be no witness?

Sprockets, even understanding that mistakes are made and 'the fog of war' trope there are rules it's not a free for all for psychopaths who might have got through and into the uniform to unleash their worst impulses without accountability nor should leadership that may have failed evade scrutiny.

Should there be no witness?
I think the 'fog of war' demands attention and the people that order and commit war crimes need to be dealt with (and often are). So who has been prosecuted for war crimes thanks to Wikileaks?

The stench of corrupted pollies & politics is all over this one.
Yet to play out fully. So called conspiracy to break into the defence computer was Manning asking Assange advice which he didn't give, on how Manning could crack the password.

There is no evidence Assange received information from Russia, instead he received information from a government employee on a flash drive. He can give evidence on this and other information he published which highlight Clinton Foundation crimes, so maybe he's valuable to Trump?

Precedent has been set with publishing the Pentagon papers in 1971 that should indemnify Assange.

The Pentagon Papers was the name given to a top-secret Department of Defense study of U.S. political and military involvement in Vietnam from 1945 to 1967. The were stolen and given by a whistle blower from the government to news paper publishers. They confirmed many people’s suspicions about the active role the U.S. government had taken in building up the conflict and escalating the Vietnam war from as early as 1964, facilitating a path the US could join in the conflict. The newspapers joined together in a lawsuit against them after publishing a series of front page articles that the US department of justice argued was detrimental to US National security.

However the publication of the papers was justified under the First Amendment’s protection of freedom of the press.

Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart wrote: “In the absence of the governmental checks and balances present in other areas of our national life, the only effective restraint upon executive policy and power in the areas of national defense and international affairs may lie in an enlightened citizenry—in an informed and critical public opinion which alone can here protect the values of democratic government.”

I think the 'fog of war' demands attention and the people that order and commit war crimes need to be dealt with (and often are). So who has been prosecuted for war crimes thanks to Wikileaks?
The day of the release of the footage the US military said the incident had been investigated and no action was to be taken.
A case of the fox in charge of the hen house.

So no charges were laid against the murderers but the press who made it public are facing a witch hunt.

Last edited:
The left still doesn't seem to understand why singing "Kumbaya" and begging for "peace, diplomacy and understanding", got them nowhere at the time of 9/11. Engaging in pacifism was not an option and politically impossible after the attacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back