Current Julian Assange arrested. * Priti Patel approves US extradition 17/6/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilke is stepping up.

wilke.png

Everything should be o... whatever. Enter George Christensen.

North Queensland politician George Christensen is fighting to bring Julian Assange home and will seek the British Government's permission to meet with the controversial WikiLeaks founder ahead of his full extradition hearing early next year.

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Anyone need anymore proof the world is corrupt?

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Anyone need anymore proof the world is corrupt?

It's been a 3-ring circus act from go to whoa.....And still no focus upon the supposedly independent judicial system of Great Britain.....Lo & behold.

Sweden are no longer interested in pursuing Assange on rape charges, they've withdrawn.

...... my overall assessment is that the evidential situation has been weakened to such an extent that that there is no longer any reason to continue the investigation."

He might be getting somewhere.

The Labour leader ( Jeremy Corbyn) told the ABC that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's answers to House of Commons questions about the extradition deal the UK had with the US last Wednesday (local time) were unexpected.

"He accepted that it is an unbalanced treaty and it is not a fair one, therefore I think that is a big change by the British Government," Mr Corbyn said.

Key points:
  • Australian MPs have arrived in London ahead of prison meeting with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
  • Andrew Wilkie has met with UK Opposition Leader Jeremy Corbyn
  • Mr Corbyn believes the UK Government's view on its "unbalanced" extradition treaty with the US has shifted

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
He might be getting somewhere.

The Labour leader ( Jeremy Corbyn) told the ABC that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's answers to House of Commons questions about the extradition deal the UK had with the US last Wednesday (local time) were unexpected.

"He accepted that it is an unbalanced treaty and it is not a fair one, therefore I think that is a big change by the British Government," Mr Corbyn said.

Key points:
  • Australian MPs have arrived in London ahead of prison meeting with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
  • Andrew Wilkie has met with UK Opposition Leader Jeremy Corbyn
  • Mr Corbyn believes the UK Government's view on its "unbalanced" extradition treaty with the US has shifted

After the Poms effectively imprisoned him unlawfully for 7 years.

Then there's this:

The gist?.....The billionaire elites of the Anglo/U.S establishment, have been paying off all the Human Rights Organisations for their silence over Assange.

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sweden are no longer interested in pursuing Assange on rape charges, they've withdrawn.

...... my overall assessment is that the evidential situation has been weakened to such an extent that that there is no longer any reason to continue the investigation."

What is missing from this is; “....The injured party has Submitted a credible and reliable Version of events...Statements have been coherent, Extensive and detailed”. It is the passage of time that is the problem. Similar to a well known Labor politician.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Not suggesting anything about his personal life other than to say how complicated it seems to be and may explain why he's 'different' to most of us. The reason I looked it up is because of the media (above and elsewhere) stating the child is the father's (Shipton). That seems strange to me considering Mr Shipton is 75yo. If that's true he should be ashamed of himself, if it's not the media need to be better at what they do. Also, it's Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt but JA doesn't consider Mr Shipton as his father.

Early life, family, education[edit]
Assange was born Julian Paul Hawkins on 3 July 1971 in Townsville, Queensland,[28][29][30] to Christine Ann Hawkins (b. 1951),[31] a visual artist,[32]:34 and John Shipton, an anti-war activist and builder.[33] The couple separated before their son was born.[33]

When Julian was a year old, his mother married Brett Assange,[34][35][36] an actor with whom she ran a small theatre company and whom Julian regards as his father (choosing Assange as his surname).[37] Christine had a house in Nelly Bay on Magnetic Island, where they lived from time to time until it was destroyed by fire.[29]

Christine and Brett Assange divorced about 1979. Christine then became involved with Leif Meynell, also known as Leif Hamilton, a member of Australian cult The Family, and they had a son before breaking up in 1982.[28][38][32]:37–38 Julian had a nomadic childhood, living in over 30[39][40] Australian towns and cities by the time he reached his mid-teens, when he settled with his mother and half-brother in Melbourne.[34][41]

Assange attended many schools, including Goolmangar Primary School in New South Wales (1979–1983)[37] and Townsville State High School in Queensland[42] as well as being schooled at home.[35] He studied programming, mathematics and physics at Central Queensland University (1994)[43] and the University of Melbourne (2003–2006),[34][44] but did not complete a degree.[45]

While in his teens, Assange married a woman named Teresa. In 1989 they had a son, Daniel, now a software designer.[34][45][46] The couple separated and initially disputed custody of their child.[35] At this time, Julian's brown hair turned white.[28] Julian was Daniel's primary caregiver for much of his childhood.[47] Julian has other children; in an open letter to then-French president François Hollande, he stated that his youngest child lives in France with his mother. He also said his family had faced death threats and harassment because of his work, forcing them to change identities and reduce contact with him.[48]

In the 1990s, Assange visited Russia and developed an interest in Russian literature (mentioning Solzhenitsyn, Pasternak and Dostoyevski as his favorite authors) as well as Soviet children's cartoons.[49] Between 1996 and 1998, he started traveling worldwide (visiting Germany, Poland, Russia, and China), meeting "like-minded young people", including Chaos Computer Club in Germany.[50]
The bolded parts may also explain some things...

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not suggesting anything about his personal life other than to say how complicated it seems to be and may explain why he's 'different' to most of us. The reason I looked it up is because of the media (above and elsewhere) stating the child is the father's (Shipton). That seems strange to me considering Mr Shipton is 75yo. If that's true he should be ashamed of himself, if it's not the media need to be better at what they do. Also, it's Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt but JA doesn't consider Mr Shipton as his father.

The bolded parts may also explain some things...

Fairly sure the entire 'Russia-Gate' narrative has lost all credibility & been exposed As complete & utter nonsense, at least to any thinking man, not 'taken-in' by the propaganda nonsense of the supposedly Liberal U.S MSM.

Last I checked, all of Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn & Pasternak were a part of the Western canon.....and not a crime of conscience against the West.

Like to try again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Fairly sure the entire 'Russia-Gate' narrative has lost all credibility & been exposed As complete & utter nonsense, at least to any thinking man, not 'taken-in' by the propaganda nonsense of the supposedly Liberal U.S MSM.

Last I checked, all of Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn & Pasternak were a part of the Western canon.....and not a crime of conscience against the West.

Like to try again?
Try what? This ain't the conspiracy board.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Try what? This ain't the conspiracy board.

You're the one attempting to tie Assange's interests in Russian Literature to his motivations, as somehow ' anti-Western', not me......That was very clearly implied in your post....The conspiracy angle is all yours here amigo.

Perhaps we should have our resident Russian literature expert, in #Raskolnikov, jailed for 7 years in London too.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
You're the one attempting to tie Assange's interests in Russian Literature to his motivations, as somehow ' anti-Western', not me......That was very clearly implied in your post....The conspiracy angle is all yours here amigo.

Perhaps we should have our resident Russian literature expert, in #Raskolnikov, jailed for 7 years in London too.
Unlike you I don't claim to know all about everything. To quote the bit you've taken issue with:

"The bolded parts may also explain some things..."

Google the meaning of 'may'. While you're at it tell us why you need to travel to communist countries to read their literature? It's an interesting interest, especially considering his website publishes anti-US govt propaganda and doesn't do the same for the other side...

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Unlike you I don't claim to know all about everything. To quote the bit you've taken issue with:

"The bolded parts may also explain some things..."

Google the meaning of 'may'. While you're at it tell us why you need to travel to communist countries to read their literature? It's an interesting interest, especially considering his website publishes anti-US govt propaganda and doesn't do the same for the other side...

Rasko has also been to Russia many times.....So he's clearly a Russian-bot suspect too.

Just a point of clarity on the 2 bolded.....Russia hasn't been Communist for over 30 years now ....WikiLeaks has never been wrong or taken to court over a single instance on anything it's published.....Do you understand the difference between facts & propaganda?

If you've been dining out on a diet of Western MSM corporate shite, it's not surprising that you don't.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Rasko has also been to Russia many times.....So he's clearly a Russian-bot suspect too.

Just a point of clarity on the 2 bolded.....Russia hasn't been Communist for over 30 years now ....WikiLeaks has never been wrong or taken to court over a single instance on anything it's published.....Do you understand the difference between facts & propaganda?

If you've been dining out on a diet of Western MSM corporate shite, it's not surprising that you don't.
So you have no credible sources. Back to being blocked again, sorry.

Extradition hearing is this evening our time. I'm glad he's got Geoffrey Robertson on board, I'd be one of his biggest fans.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Extradition hearing is this evening our time. I'm glad he's got Geoffrey Robertson on board, I'd be one of his biggest fans.

What's really absurd in all this, is they're trying to prosecute an Oz citizen for espionage, when he isn't even a U.S citizen.

They then want to turn around & say the U.S constitution doesn't apply to him cause he isn't a U.S citizen.

Any lawyer worth their constitutional salt could drive A truck through that ambiguity chasm....You can't have your unconstitutional equivocation & eat it too.

What's really absurd in all this, is they're trying to prosecute an Oz citizen for espionage, when he isn't even a U.S citizen.

They then want to turn around & say the U.S constitution doesn't apply to him cause he isn't a U.S citizen.

Any lawyer worth their constitutional salt could drive A truck through that ambiguity chasm....You can't have your unconstitutional equivocation & eat it too.

I'll be very surprised of a successful extradition, really shocked actually.

Mixed feelings here about what he did and I wouldn't have done it but extradition to the US for espionage is ridiculous. imo.

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'll be very surprised of a successful extradition, really shocked actually.

Mixed feelings here about what he did and I wouldn't have done it but extradition to the US for espionage is ridiculous. imo.

Depends if the judge is dirty or not.....I won't be surprised, given how this dirty game has been played out thus far.....He/She will be more than likely A member of the upper-crust establishment.

The judge who jailed him in Bellmarsh for the max, for mere bail violation, was proven to be conflicted, given Assange had exposed her husband for financial irregularities....Not to mention the fact that the initial charges have since been dropped by the Swedes & proven groundless....He should have been released immediately thereafter.

All the elites want him dead because he wouldn't play the game their way....They're playing it deuces wild with our Democracy because they've been exposed by Assange As A bunch of corrupt Mofos…..and now they're proving his point.

Belushi Brassiere

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2011
Albury-Wodonga, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
“The Official Secrets Act is not to protect secrets, it is to protect officials.”
~ Jobs For The Boys
“It is only totalitarian governments that suppress facts. In this country we simply take a democratic decision not to publish them.”
~ The Greasy Pole
“It is axiomatic in government that hornets’ nests should be left unstirred, cans of worms should remain unopened, and cats should be left firmly in bags and not set among the pigeons. Ministers should also leave boats unrocked, nettles ungrasped, refrain from taking bulls by the horns, and resolutely turn their backs to the music.”
~ The Whisky Priest
“Britain should always be on the side of law and justice, so long as we don’t allow it to affect our foreign policy.” | “The public aren’t interested in foreign affairs. All they want to know is who are the goodies and who are the baddies.” | “You can’t put the nation’s interest at risk just because of some silly sentimentality about justice.”
~ A Real Partnership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back