Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently one of those blokes in the jeep might be a director of the Fly by Night Club in Fremantle and the Fremantle Carnevale.

Is that a picture of Taxi Tony?

omg this thing is getting so .... one degree of separation and dress ups, does Taxi Tony know Vernon Silich?

Anyways, to be as impartial as I can about Campbell Barracks I tried to track down some accounts of life within the SAS that deal with everyday life at Swanbourne, just to confirm that recent media reports about criminal and drug behaviours are not as endemic as they say.
There's a dearth of information. This is the best that I found so far. But it's about life there in the 1960's.
http://australiansatwarfilmarchive.unsw.edu.au/archive/2128-dennis-mitchell
Is that guy in the picture named McCallum of any relevance ?
The print is so blurry im not sure of the spelling. Some of the names i cannot read .
If they're of relevance can we have the names please ?
If someone can decipher the spellings...

Is that guy in the picture named McCallum of any relevance ?
The print is so blurry im not sure of the spelling. Some of the names i cannot read .
If they're of relevance can we have the names please ?
If someone can decipher the spellings...

They are not POI nor suspects.

David Everett is fair game, he has priors and courted the public. Also, he's deceased. We need to move on from wider discussion.

They are not POI nor suspects.

David Everett is fair game, he has priors and courted the public. Also, he's deceased. We need to move on from wider discussion.
I agree. There is no public statements from Cold Case investigators that any of these people are suspects, POIs, or been helping with enquiries. The only relevance here, therefore is to provide a possible link in acquaintanceship for a route of information about a 1972 investigation by Perth CIB to David Everett who possibly acted upon the information with or without accomplices to cause the disappearance of Julie Cutler in the kidnap for extortion theory. It does not mean that any of them knew that whatever information they passed on is relevant to the events, as I haven't found any public statement from any of them that they suspect so. David Everett, or another party could've independently discovered information about the 1972 case.
There are other possible theories. The kidnap for extortion one is only an exploration for an explanation that fits with the three things that Julie's family wanted to be included in the investigation. They might turn out to be unconnected to the cause of her disappearance. This theory is based upon an assumption that they are directly relevant to the cause.
This shouldn't be the only theory worthy of sleuthing.

Last edited:
Why drive Julie Cutlers car in the sea. It could have been taken anywhere.
No
Someone had tried run Julie off Stirling Highway then turned down Eric street, the main drag to Cottesloe beach.

So police and Julies father have a description and colour of the vehicle.

Thanks for banning me in the Claremont thread. Ciaras law firm also wrote proposed law but no individual writes and passes their own laws as suggested by another poster. Rayney might develop a law but certainly didnt pass it.

Anyways, so police yet again have 99% the Cutler info. Each snippet provides large chunks the jigsaw.
Even Roger Cutler hasnt let slip a colour of a car that tried run his daughter off the road.

Has anyone been to The Old Mill theatre? Julie studied theatre at Uni apparently.
It was alledged Lance Williams went to WAIT (Curtain Uni) as well.

The 22-year-old former theatre student at the West Australian Institute of Technology, now Curtin University, had found work at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in Perth’s CBD.

In late May or early June, Julie rang her father to report an alarming incident in which she had been driving home in her Fiat sedan from work along the Stirling Highway.

The question is, what made some feel Julie Cutler was the first victim of CSK?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/julie-cutler-murder-1988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/

Last edited:
No
Someone had tried run Julie off Stirling Highway then turned down Eric street, the main drag to Cottesloe beach.
Dan, are you saying the same night she disappeared someone ran her off the road causing her car to head off the groyne?

Has anyone been to The Old Mill theatre? Julie studied theatre at Uni apparently.

Because the police had a singular focus and made the profile fit Lance. Julie is included because she fits a timeline for Lance . No more no less.

No

So police and Julies father have a description and colour of the vehicle.

Thanks for banning me in the Claremont thread. Ciaras law firm also wrote proposed law but no individual writes and passes their own laws as suggested by another poster. Rayney might develop a law but certainly didnt pass it.

Anyways, so police yet again have 99% the Cutler info. Each snippet provides large chunks the jigsaw.
Even Roger Cutler hasnt let slip a colour of a car that tried run his daughter off the road.

The 22-year-old former theatre student at the West Australian Institute of Technology, now Curtin University, had found work at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in Perth’s CBD.

In late May or early June, Julie rang her father to report an alarming incident in which she had been driving home in her Fiat sedan from work along the Stirling Highway.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/julie-cutler-murder-1988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/

I don't want to derail any sleuthing of any other viable theorems, and from what has been gleaned in the media, there's enough to tick off means and opportunity (having a car, and living in proximity to the scene), but have you found anything tangible to establish that a motive exists. Any proof that they ever met? Back issues of the student guild newspapers are available online @ https://grokonline.com.au , so I suggest starting there and finding a picture of them together at least. Because just posting supposition without at least some modicum of evidence to matriculate it to an actual possibility means that the speculation is no better than just reiteration and peddling of rumours.
I haven't found anything myself in Lance Williams antecedents as yet to suggest he had any motivation to do anything unlawful. If you have anything that would assert differently, please present it, so we can explore it further.

Julie told her father, Roger, that a car had followed her closely for several kilometres along Stirling Highway, almost touching her rear bumper at times and seemed to be trying to force her off the road.

As she approached a turn-off in the beachside suburb of Cottesloe, the car pulled alongside and then suddenly veered in front of her.

Ms Cutler swerved around it and sped away, later reporting the incident to police.

As her stepsister related, years later, she called “extremely upset. She thought whoever was in the car wanted to run her off the road or force her to pull over.”
http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f

Does this suggest that the perpetrator knew Eric St ,
Or lived there ?

A brief overview of David Everett's antecedents appears in this old article. Which also describes his motivations for financial gain, vengeance, and I would add infamy. He seemed to of had an problem with feeling a sense of entitlement IMO.
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive/APA/thewest-archives/SharedView.Article.aspx?href=WAN/2008/08/30&id=Ar00500&sk=DD764936
Extract>
"In just a few years in the 1990s, Everett transformed from respected soldier and family man into a feared bandit with a thirst for vengeance.

He enlisted in 1978 as an apprentice mechanic, joined the elite SAS in 1983 and transferred to WA. He married in 1986 and was given an honourable discharge that year.

Everett then fought as a mercenary with the Karen and WA charges against him over this involvement were dropped. Other charges over well-planned and violent robberykidnappings involved supermarket and cinema managers but a lack of evidence at the time led to his release on home detention in August 1991. In September 1991, he faked his own abduction from his sister’s home.

While on the run in August 1992, he terrorised the wife and two children of an Armadale supermarket manager in their home before forcing him to drive to his shop and open the safe. Days later he stole a big quantity of explosives from a Baldivis explosives magazine before blowing it up.

Everett planned to rob a goldmine and kill staff and police but a terrified associate, who is a protected witness living overseas, informed police who then bugged their meetings.

Police arrested Everett a few days later when he gave up without a struggle but taunted detectives to “give me a bullet and finish the job”.

Everett served 10 years of an 18-year sentence and lives in Kununurra. Recent charges against him alleging the theft of tractors were dropped"

His obituary clarifies his justification for his criminal activities and motivations, but clearly shows that he fabricated his pretence at remorse by continually reoffending. IMO.
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2013/05/16&id=Ar01301&sk=8B964740
Extract>
"
After leaving the army in 1986, Everett became a mercenary in Burma fighting with and training Karen rebels.

But when he returned to Perth, he used his counterterrorism training to commit a series of violent crimes.

In 1991, he and a mate kidnapped the manager of the Carousel cinema complex and his wife at gunpoint. He described the robbery in his book Shadow Warrior and the moment he realised the woman was pregnant.

“If there were ever a turning point in my life, this was it,” he wrote.

“If I look back on all the lawless and dangerous things I have done, that moment on a hot January night, when I saw the look in that terrorised woman’s eyes, stands out as the one when I started to change my opinion of myself.”

Despite his claims of contrition in the book, Everett continued to commit similar robberies in 1992. After months on the run from police, he abducted a supermarket manager’s family, including a sixmonth-old baby, in order to steal the store’s takings.

His next target was another store manager, who had a doberman. When the dog attacked, Everett crushed its skull before entering the manager’s house with an M-16 rifle. After being captured by WA Police and sentenced to 18 years jail, Everett was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

He was released in 2002 and, from time to time, was seen at the SAS barracks in Swanbourne.

His name made the news again as part of a 2009 civil court case involving his wife and Mr Quigley.

The MP was given police protection after receiving an “extortion note” he blamed on Everett."

Last edited:
A brief overview of David Everett's antecedents appears in this old article. Which also describes his motivations for financial gain, vengeance, and I would add infamy. He seemed to of had an problem with feeling a sense of entitlement IMO.
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive/APA/thewest-archives/SharedView.Article.aspx?href=WAN/2008/08/30&id=Ar00500&sk=DD764936
Extract>
"In just a few years in the 1990s, Everett transformed from respected soldier and family man into a feared bandit with a thirst for vengeance.

He enlisted in 1978 as an apprentice mechanic, joined the elite SAS in 1983 and transferred to WA. He married in 1986 and was given an honourable discharge that year.

Everett then fought as a mercenary with the Karen and WA charges against him over this involvement were dropped. Other charges over well-planned and violent robberykidnappings involved supermarket and cinema managers but a lack of evidence at the time led to his release on home detention in August 1991. In September 1991, he faked his own abduction from his sister’s home.

While on the run in August 1992, he terrorised the wife and two children of an Armadale supermarket manager in their home before forcing him to drive to his shop and open the safe. Days later he stole a big quantity of explosives from a Baldivis explosives magazine before blowing it up.

Everett planned to rob a goldmine and kill staff and police but a terrified associate, who is a protected witness living overseas, informed police who then bugged their meetings.

Police arrested Everett a few days later when he gave up without a struggle but taunted detectives to “give me a bullet and finish the job”.

Everett served 10 years of an 18-year sentence and lives in Kununurra. Recent charges against him alleging the theft of tractors were dropped"

You left out the best bit, he robbed the now Attorney General Quigley's girlfriend and married her! :grin:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"
2.30am on Monday, June 20. She was last seen leaving the venue alone and driving away from the hotel’s staff parking area in her Fiat. She never made it back to the Fremantle home she shared with a friend. Alarm bells rang later on Monday when she failed to turn up for a shift at the hotel.

Her flatmate reported her missing on the Tuesday morning"

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180620/282621738435463
Where was she seen at 2.30am ?

Extract>

His obituary clarifies his justification for his criminal activities and motivations, but clearly shows that he fabricated his pretence at remorse by continually reoffending. IMO.
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive/APA/thewest-archives/SharedView.Article.aspx?href=WAN/2013/05/16&id=Ar01301&sk=8B964740
Extract>
"
After leaving the army in 1986, Everett became a mercenary in Burma fighting with and training Karen rebels.

But when he returned to Perth, he used his counterterrorism training to commit a series of violent crimes.

In 1991, he and a mate kidnapped the manager of the Carousel cinema complex and his wife at gunpoint. He described the robbery in his book Shadow Warrior and the moment he realised the woman was pregnant.

“If there were ever a turning point in my life, this was it,” he wrote.

“If I look back on all the lawless and dangerous things I have done, that moment on a hot January night, when I saw the look in that terrorised woman’s eyes, stands out as the one when I started to change my opinion of myself.”

Despite his claims of contrition in the book, Everett continued to commit similar robberies in 1992. After months on the run from police, he abducted a supermarket manager’s family, including a sixmonth-old baby, in order to steal the store’s takings.

His next target was another store manager, who had a doberman. When the dog attacked, Everett crushed its skull before entering the manager’s house with an M-16 rifle. After being captured by WA Police and sentenced to 18 years jail, Everett was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

He was released in 2002 and, from time to time, was seen at the SAS barracks in Swanbourne.

His name made the news again as part of a 2009 civil court case involving his wife and Mr Quigley.

The MP was given police protection after receiving an “extortion note” he blamed on Everett."
Makes you wonder why he was ever released, at any stage. Sounds like a very dangerous person.

I've linked articles from Trove, which shows that there might of been a motive to abduct someone named Julie Cutler to extort money for financial gain, or even revenge for financial loss. And I've linked articles, a UNSW project and social media posts showing a route of acquaintances for information to reach someone like David Everett to form this motivation.
I have also linked articles to show antecedents exists of abductions to extort money within a few years after Julie's disappearance. The same articles show that David Everett was living in Perth at the time of Julie's disappearance.
IMO, for all the extraneous circumstances to this case to fit into this would require a fair degree of planning, and prior training to be able to achieve this without being caught, and no lack of compunction to abort at any time and dispose of Julie without any moral quandary.
I'll now attach an extract from a Kindle sample (which is free from Amazon) of the book Shadow Warrior, which I think clearly shows this.
IMO, In this chapter he seems to of learnt some lessons from past endeavors of a similar nature judging by his narrative. Did that include Julie Cutler?
I'll leave this theory now to you to ponder.
Motive ✔
Opportunity ✔
Means ✔

Attachments

• Prologue to Shadow Warrior (Amazon sample file).pdf
    4 MB · Views: 113
I've linked articles from Trove, which shows that there might of been a motive to abduct someone named Julie Cutler to extort money for financial gain, or even revenge for financial loss. And I've linked articles, a UNSW project and social media posts showing a route of acquaintances for information to reach someone like David Everett to form this motivation.
I have also linked articles to show antecedents exists of abductions to extort money within a few years after Julie's disappearance. The same articles show that David Everett was living in Perth at the time of Julie's disappearance.
IMO, for all the extraneous circumstances to this case to fit into this would require a fair degree of planning, and prior training to be able to achieve this without being caught, and no lack of compunction to abort at any time and dispose of Julie without any moral quandary.
I'll now attach an extract from a Kindle sample (which is free from Amazon) of the book Shadow Warrior, which I think clearly shows this.
IMO, In this chapter he seems to of learnt some lessons from past endeavors of a similar nature judging by his narrative. Did that include Julie Cutler?
I'll leave this theory now to you to ponder.
Motive ✔
Opportunity ✔
Means ✔
This is a good lesson for most. Its ok to have theories its even better when you provide the research and background to support a theory

So Julie Cutler was seen leaving the carpark in her Fiat, yet a Parmelia uniform turned up at Kings Kebabs.
It was Julianas nightclub?

An attempted abduction in 1993 of a Sheraton worker maybe a witness that can shed light on the matter.

"Workmates told police that Ms Cutler stayed until the party ended about 12.30am on Monday, June 20. She was last seen leaving the venue alone and driving away from the hotel’s staff parking area in her Fiat. She never made it back to the Fremantle home she shared with a friend."

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180620/282621738435463

Of the Gang responsible for abduction, kidnapping, and a murder, David Everett is deceased from cancer, James Reynolds committed suicide, and the other has never been identified, but is believed by WA Police to be another former SAS commando.
An interesting theory - Everett served in the 3rd, no?

Is the other one still alive?

The other former SAS commando that is.

Last edited:
Anyways, to be as impartial as I can about Campbell Barracks I tried to track down some accounts of life within the SAS that deal with everyday life at Swanbourne, just to confirm that recent media reports about criminal and drug behaviours are not as endemic as they say.
There's a dearth of information. This is the best that I found so far. But it's about life there in the 1960's.
http://australiansatwarfilmarchive.unsw.edu.au/archive/2128-dennis-mitchell
SAS tend to take care of their own - thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
Where in Baldivis did ex SAS merc Everett steal the explosives?

Any connection to Gerard Ross?

Found near the munitions site at Baldivis, no?

Everett was in prison at the time of the Gerard Ross murder.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back