Remove this Banner Ad

The research I did placed the person being referred to, was in prison in Queensland from March 1988. He escaped in November and fled to Western Australia committing an armed robbery in January 1989.
Links perhaps?
Id like to know what, when & how long his original jail term in QLD was before he escaped?
Was he in Perth for the 5 months between the 2 known robberies?
When was he recaptured in VIC?
How much did he still have to serve of his original sentence after being transferred back to WA before his term for the bank charges began?

Links perhaps?
Id like to know what, when & how long his original jail term in QLD was before he escaped?
Was he in Perth for the 5 months between the 2 known robberies?
When was he recaptured in VIC?
How much did he still have to serve of his original sentence after being transferred back to WA before his term for the bank charges began?
Sorry I don't have links. There was an article in the Adelaide Advertiser on November 1998 and does not have a linkable source. The sentence in Queensland was for armed robbery and stealing cars. In January 1989, there was an armed robbery in WA, February 1989 one in SA, and another one on April 1989 in WA. No details of the date of arrest in Victoria. This was in relation to the 1989 armed robbery in SA.

Sorry I don't have links. There was an article in the Adelaide Advertiser on November 1998 and does not have a linkable source. The sentence in Queensland was for armed robbery and stealing cars. In January 1989, there was an armed robbery in WA, February 1989 one in SA, and another one on April 1989 in WA. No details of the date of arrest in Victoria. This was in relation to the 1989 armed robbery in SA.
Thanks, thats interesting you say the arrest in VIC related to a SA robbery as I hadn't heard of that. I thought he was recaptured in VIC for escaping custody and returned to QLD then requested a transfer back to WA where he was tried for the 2 WA robberies (sorry, 3mths apart not 5 as I said) with another 7 years added to his sentence beginning at the expiry of the QLD term.
Do you know what became of the SA offence if anything, he wasnt ever charged?
Any idea of the length of his original term and when that started?

Thanks, thats interesting you say the arrest in VIC related to a SA robbery as I hadn't heard of that. I thought he was recaptured in VIC for escaping custody and returned to QLD then requested a transfer back to WA where he was tried for the 2 WA robberies (sorry, 3mths apart not 5 as I said) with another 7 years added to his sentence beginning at the expiry of the QLD term.
Do you know what became of the SA offence if anything, he wasnt ever charged?
Any idea of the length of his original term and when that started?

It mentioned having served time in Queensland. So this was after 10 years served in Queensland he was extradited to SA to face the robbery charges there. For the robbery is SA he received a 3 year good behaviour bond because he had "been good" while in gaol, learning to become a chef and learning art.

Last edited:
It mentioned having served time in Queensland. So this was after 10 years served in Queensland he was extradited to SA to face the robbery charges there. For the robbery is SA he received a 3 year good behaviour bond because he had "been good" while in gaol, learning to become a chef and learning art.

Thanks FYTI.

Appears he was charged for the 3rd armed robbery in 1989 as SA were waiting in the wings and at the completion of the WA & QLD terms, he faced trial in SA for the 1989 robbery in November 1998.

Apparently the judge thought he had "reformed" after his lengthy recent terms and decided a 3yr good behaviour bond would be substituted for a 9 year term which would have been his sentence otherwise.
How very wrong he was!!

There appears to be conflicts of information from not just the police

Ms Cutler lived in Fremantle and visited Claremont regularly with friends.

Mr Cutler said police told him at the time of the Claremont murders that the cases were unlikely to be connected because Julie had disappeared eight years earlier, which appeared to fall outside the serial killer’s time frame.

Mr Turner was also told by police that it was unlikely that his daughter had been the victim of the Claremont serial killer.

https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...s/news-story/66be6757b29872fee76a78308987688d

Last edited:
Ms Cutler lived in Fremantle and visited Claremont regularly with friends.

Mr Cutler said police told him at the time of the Claremont murders that the cases were unlikely to be connected because Julie had disappeared eight years earlier, which appeared to fall outside the serial killer’s time frame.

Yet it was the same year he's been charged with breaking into someone's house with a fetish item and attacking a girl in her own bed. 1988.

Hopefully, investigators have been able to in the least, conclusively rule him out of involvement in Julie Cutler's disappearance.

Yet it was the same year he's been charged with breaking into someone's house with a fetish item and attacking a girl in her own bed. 1988.

Hopefully, investigators have been able to in the least, conclusively rule him out of involvement in Julie Cutler's disappearance.

The kimono incident was s climb through bedroom window?
What month was that? 1988 a year of activity.

Dorothy was 1988 too.

How old was the alledged offender at the time?

It can be revealed that in 1988 — eight years before Sarah Spiers was abducted off a Claremont street — the white kimono was dropped by an intruder who broke into the home of an 18-year-old Huntingdale woman and tried to rape her.

Her screams caused him to flee and police believe the stolen kimono was accidentally dropped by the man as he ran out of the home.
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...ital-clue-ng-d5498c5d0593771d7f526f90646d52f0

Last edited:
Huntingdale attack February 1988
Sheraton attack May 1988
Julie Cutler June 1988

If it was the same offender, it would be called escalation.

Thankyou!
What other unsolved atttacks 1988?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Investigators have probably looked at all that, there's not enough for charges or by Odin they'd have thrown them at him.

Totally agree. Maybe waiting to hear what comes of a trial on information if they havent ruled out already.
Have we heard him ruled out publicly by police regarding Cutler?

I would discount any theory of girls being abducted for black market snuff movies entirely. Noel G Coward was focused upon the CSK anyway and not Julie Cutler. And after so many decades not one snuff movie of Julie Cutler nor anyone else had ever surfaced, which invariably would've if such a thing ever was posted into the black market. Take the 1 icepick 1 Lunatic movie for instance. Although the video was published to Bestgore, a public site, the killer was outed fairly quickly, just from a poster on the wall in the video.

MARCH 19, 2014 5:05PM ET
Rollingstone
Animal Instinct: How Cat-Loving Sleuths Found an Accused Killer Sadist
A shocking story of citizen detectives, a videotaped murder, animal torture and one very disturbed celebrity wannabe
By BILL JENSEN
https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...leuths-found-an-accused-killer-sadist-111273/

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I would discount any theory of girls being abducted for black market snuff movies entirely. Noel G Coward was focused upon the CSK anyway and not Julie Cutler. And after so many decades not one snuff movie of Julie Cutler nor anyone else had ever surfaced, which invariably would've if such a thing ever was posted into the black market. Take the 1 icepick 1 Lunatic movie for instance. Although the video was published to Bestgore, a public site, the killer was outed fairly quickly, just from a poster on the wall in the video.

Old clipping WA. December 1993.

I wonder if this is where Droc got the idea of snuff movies from. Note, the police said they weren't a 'large' problem indicating maybe that they were a 'little' one.

snuff.jpg

Judith being his barrister at the time simply put his story as per instructions from a client, as any defence lawyer should. It doesn't mean that the defendant told his Barrister the truth, and the story doesn't mention whether the alleged movies that he allegedly saw were locally produced or overseas material. Anyhow, the chap was in court on a shoplifting charge. His story of someone else showing him a snuff movie is extraneous, and was his apparent excuse for making him go out of character to commit shoplifting.
The veracity of which, might be determined by checking in the succeeding months for news reports of anyone being charged with processing such material, of which I think that you'll find none whatsoever. And you'll find that upon close inspection of the article his excuse didn't materially affect the decision of the magistrate. He is reported as offending after leaving Court on a preceding occasion on an earlier shoplifting charge. Was the article from the 1993 or 1989? I've seen it elsewhere quoted as being attributed to an earlier date. 1993 is probably correct though.
If I remember rightly there was a current affair episode a few months before that which was about snuff movies and devil worshippers. There's an entry about this in Censorship: A World Encyclopedia
edited by Derek Jones
on page 824
Noel G Coward, and this bloke might of actually got their ideas from the TV show.

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...epage&q=a current affair snuff movies&f=false

Last edited:
Judith being his barrister at the time simply put his story as per instructions from a client, as any defence lawyer should. It doesn't mean that the defendant told his Barrister the truth, and the story doesn't mention whether the alleged movies that he allegedly saw were locally produced or overseas material. Anyhow, the chap was in court on a shoplifting charge. His story of someone else showing him a snuff movie is extraneous, and was his apparent excuse for making him go out of character to commit shoplifting.
The veracity of which, might be determined by checking in the succeeding months for news reports of anyone being charged with processing such material, of which I think that you'll find none whatsoever. And you'll find that upon close inspection of the article his excuse didn't materially affect the decision of the magistrate. He is reported as offending after leaving Court on a preceding occasion on an earlier shoplifting charge. Was the article from the 1993 or 1989? I've seen it elsewhere quoted as being attributed to an earlier date. 1993 is probably correct though.
If I remember rightly there was a current affair episode a few months before that which was about snuff movies and devil worshippers. There's an entry about this in Censorship: A World Encyclopedia
edited by Derek Jones
on page 824
Noel G Coward, and this bloke might of actually got their ideas from the TV show.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=gDqsCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA823&lpg=PA823&dq=a+current+affair+snuff+movies&source=bl&ots=_6EY2oLq_J&sig=a6UZXL43zdT0RWuK2HuRX0QYfxw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTqYrN2dHdAhXGFIgKHVV6BekQ6AEwD3oECAAQAQ#v=onepage&q=a current affair snuff movies&f=false

What an odd subject to have on Current Affair.
1993 hey. What date did Cutler go? 1988 Winter Solstice?

Daily News, 28 May 1988
Dorothy, a 44 year old woman had left Clouds Nightclub at the Sheraton, crossed Adelaide Terrace and got into her car on Hill st when at 1.05am man wearing driving gloves came from nowhere, like lightning and wrenched her out of her car by her hair.
She believes he's in his 20's-30's.
He ground the abrasive palm into her face, Repeatedly punching her in the mouth.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/julie-cutler-murder-1988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/page-10

Last edited:
What an odd subject to have on Current Affair.
1993 hey. What date did Cutler go? 1988 Winter Solstice?

Daily News, 28 May 1988
Dorothy, a 44 year old woman had left Clouds Nightclub at the Sheraton, crossed Adelaide Terrace and got into her car on Hill st when at 1.05am man wearing driving gloves came from nowhere, like lightning and wrenched her out of her car by her hair.
She believes he's in his 20's-30's.
He ground the abrasive palm into her face, Repeatedly punching her in the mouth.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/julie-cutler-murder-1988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/page-10
I think the episode aired in Australia around early 1992. Which, if so, is coincidental to the hiring of a demon exorcist, Father Barry May. https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...haplain-father-barry-may-20150321-1m4nan.html
The power of television hey?

Julie didn't disappear on the longest night of the year in 1988 so it wasn't Winter Solstice. The longest night of the year in 1988 was the 21st June, a Tuesday.

Correct the day, weekend before.
You would be doing well if you abducted on the night when most were at home. I guess you need victims to be in the place to abduct.

The 22-year-old was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel in the Perth CBD about 12.30am on June 20, 1988 after a staff function.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html

Ms Turner had gone to Pinocchio's night club in Perth's Murray Street on the evening of Saturday June 29 with a girlfriend, but they became separated and police say Kerry mingled with different people during the night.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...-for-help-25-years-after-perth-murder/7549252

The body of Kerry Turner, 18, was discovered in late July 1991 hidden behind a log in bushland in the Canning Dam area.

Ms Turner had gone to Pinocchio's night club in Perth's Murray Street on the evening of Saturday June 29 with a girlfriend, but they became separated and police say Kerry mingled with different people during the night.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...-for-help-25-years-after-perth-murder/7549252

The body of Kerry Turner, 18, was discovered in late July 1991 hidden behind a log in bushland in the Canning Dam area.

Not the longest night of the year in Winter Solstice either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back