Remove this Banner Ad

Bog laps were done so people could "show off" their cars in areas where a lot of people congregated. Northbridge, Fremantle, Subiaco, Claremont, Leederville. Not banging down Stirling and Leach Hwy's.

Lol, the same user profiles for critic only. If someone had a fancy Toyota with a metal race bucket seats they probably showed off their car from time to time. Sometimes they would do laps and just perve at women.

They had to get there remember. So in order to go for a run, you had to get to these places. There is any number of combinations on how that panned out.

The reason Julies madman might have entered Eric st, is it was one the few main thoroughfare to the coastal strip where someone might have perved on route, or sat in the car park spying before heading down to Freo.

No doubt the trial and following trials will toss up a lot of info, and prove me wrong in many cases.

Happily proved wrong by a trial and a barrage of info coming.

Last edited:
Bog laps were done so people could "show off" their cars in areas where a lot of people congregated. Northbridge, Fremantle, Subiaco, Claremont, Leederville. Not banging down Stirling and Leach Hwy's.

Were you part of that culture back in the 80s and 90s Freo? I was on the fringe I suppose you could call it, with Holden and worked at Calder Park 90s but obv that's Victoria. From what I've seen Perth's illegal street drag meets seemed far more intense than over here in that period.

Lol, the same user profiles for critic only. If someone had a fancy Toyota with a metal race bucket seats they probably showed off their car from time to time. Sometimes they would do laps and just perve at women.

They had to get there remember. So in order to go for a run, you had to get to these places. There is any number of combinations on how that panned out.

No doubt the trial and following trials will toss up a lot of info, and prove me wrong in many cases.

Happily proved wrong by a trial and a barrage of info coming.

I know they had to get there, and back. However you've posted a map with a circle route that insinuates that the term "bog lap" applies to a route taken from someone's place of residence and back.

You know that not to be accurate. That's not what a "bog lap" is.

You stated that "It was like someone was doin their weekend Bog lap as they called it in the day." then proceeded to produce a map that isn't a bog lap. Its just a huge circular route.

Were you part of that culture back in the 80s and 90s Freo? I was on the fringe I suppose you could call it, with Holden and worked at Calder Park 90s but obv that's Victoria. From what I've seen Perth's illegal street drag meets seemed far more intense than over here in that period.

Cant say I know the areas.

I know they had to get there, and back. However you've posted a map with a circle route that insinuates that the term "bog lap" applies to a route taken from someone's place of residence and back.

You know that not to be accurate. That's not what a "bog lap" is.

You stated that "It was like someone was doin their weekend Bog lap as they called it in the day." then proceeded to produce a map that isn't a bog lap. Its just a huge circular route.

Based on Cutlers ERIC st madman you can see how someone may have visited many the areas that bog laps occured. We have Dorothy at Sheraton, Julie at Parmelia, Eric st turn off madman. Julie lived in Freo, and Dorothy abducted by metal bomber seat madman.

Girl abducted in Cottesloe carpark taken to Swanbourne drive ins.

Id say with the amount of info police have, there is some rapid joining of dots going on.

90 detectives. That is a lot of homework.

Yeah we dragged a lot and being based in the Northern suburbs Pipidinny Road was favourite haunt because as you got past the 2 turns it was long straight bitumen up over the hill until a point that it then became beach track. Plus it was in the middle of nowhere in the 90's. Hardly any traffic other than the early morning fishing/camping guys going over to Alkimos.

We generally went to Northbridge to do laps.....I reckon their would have been up to 50 cars on Friday and Saturday nights. From Jap 4's to Aussie 8's.

Based on Cutlers ERIC st madman you can see how someone may have visited many the areas that bog laps occured. We have Dorothy at Sheraton, Julie at Parmelia, Eric st turn off madman. Julie lived in Freo, and Dorothy abducted by metal bomber seat madman.

Girl abducted in Cottesloe carpark taken to Swanbourne drive ins.

Id say with the amount of info police have, there is some rapid joining of dots going on.

90 detectives. That is a lot of homework.

You're from Perth right? It's only recently that their would be any "nocturnal" activity around the Parmelia Hilton in terms of large numbers of people hanging around to show your car off too. That part of town was absolutely dead in the late 80's and 90's.

Where the Sheraton is (now Pan Pacific) would have been even worse. No one was doing bog laps in the CBD mate.

It was a ghost town up until the last 10 years.

Yeah we dragged a lot and being based in the Northern suburbs Pipidinny Road was favourite haunt because as you got past the 2 turns it was long straight bitumen up over the hill until a point that it then became beach track. Plus it was in the middle of nowhere in the 90's. Hardly any traffic other than the early morning fishing/camping guys going over to Alkimos.

We generally went to Northbridge to do laps.....I reckon their would have been up to 50 cars on Friday and Saturday nights. From Jap 4's to Aussie 8's.

I'd heard Pipidinny Road was used for illegal street drags where Ciara was found, also close to where Jane Rimmer was found in Wellard. A coincidence but maybe not, BRE could have been there before dragging his car, hooning or partying and this is how those sites were chosen.

Actually, the official unofficial bog lap was Wellington street, up Murray st then down Adelaide Terrace I think. Im sure there were many. Obviously Freo had its own version.

The carpark down at Wellington street West used to have a lot of cars meet. Remember there was Pinnochios and a range of other nightclubs in the CBD.
I never went to Sheraton nightclub or Parmelia nightclub. We used to go Pinnochios, although there was Rockwells I think and a couple of others in Northbridge.

Northbridge clubs weren't as active in 1988.

Last edited:
I'd heard Pipidinny Road was used for illegal street drags where Ciara was found, also close to where Jane Rimmer was found in Wellard. A coincidence but maybe not, BRE could have been there before dragging his car, hooning or partying and this is how those sites were chosen.

I've never been to the Wellard area to drag. I've said previously that he had to have knowledge of Pipidinny Road. Not sure if he was racing or using it to get to fishing/camping spots but you wouldn't just guess on a turn up Wanneroo Road. Some of the roads don't go very far, especially the ones heading West towards the coast, or at least they didn't until the Marmion Road extension was put through to Yanchep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, the official unofficial bog lap was Wellington street, up Murray st then down Adelaide Terrace I think. Im sure there were many. Obviously Freo had its own version.

The carpark down at Wellington street West used to have a lot of cars meet.

As I've said mate apart from a couple of nightclubs on Murray Street (Globe, Pinocchio's, Frostbites) the area was basically deserted at night. There would have been no one to look at your car if you were lapping Wellington, Murray and especially Adelaide Terrace. That's where the East Perth Lockup and Police HQ was. Traffic Division was just up on Plain Street too.

No one ever went down there in case you were stopped for a friendly yellow sticker.

The bog lap was usually William, Aberdeen, James and Lake in Northbridge. Tended to stay away from the Western Suburbs and Freo. Leederville was obviously just up and down Oxford Street.

1996 was certainly a tipping point for Claremont. Greater numbers of people poured in from outer lying areas, and Claremont was destined to become one of the biggest entertainment precincts. I know a lot of my friends had left Northbridge for the Claremont area to drink and that wasn't necessarily Claremont Hotel.

Less people going to Northbridge by the week. Claremont was less clubby and more pubby. One the pubs had a large range of beers. I think it was the Stirling hotel which pulled a lot of people.
Pubs were brighter and you could manage to hold a conversation in one out of the dingy darkness of nightclub.

Octoberfest rolling in loose peanut shells all over the floor.

I think we went to Club Bayview once but it didn't appeal. German beer was our scene, the lights on in a pub appealed. I remember running into all these people in Claremont. It was like, that is where you have gone.

The rest my life was eating in a northern Hungry Jacks carpark waiting for the Balcatta Cats to rock up in the hundreds to pick a fight.
I could eat 5 whoppers in those days at night and it still looked like I had a heroin habit. The girls used to bring me out all the left over KFC when they finished shift.

I even worked with the cop on weekends that pulled LW out of his car when the cops jumped his car.

As I've said mate apart from a couple of nightclubs on Murray Street (Globe, Pinocchio's, Frostbites) the area was basically deserted at night. There would have been no one to look at your car if you were lapping Wellington, Murray and especially Adelaide Terrace. That's where the East Perth Lockup and Police HQ was. Traffic Division was just up on Plain Street too.

No one ever went down there in case you were stopped for a friendly yellow sticker.

The bog lap was usually William, Aberdeen, James and Lake in Northbridge. Tended to stay away from the Western Suburbs and Freo. Leederville was obviously just up and down Oxford Street.

Im only basing my experience on people who took me on the official unofficial bog lap. There must be more to it. It was up around Royal Perth Hospital then back down.

Im just trying to think why Northbridge wasn't more the bog lap for the blokes I knew that had hotted up cars.

Last edited:
1996 was certainly a tipping point for Claremont. Greater numbers of people poured in from outer lying areas, and Claremont was destined to become one of the biggest entertainment precincts. I know a lot of my friends had left Northbridge for the Claremont area to drink and that wasn't necessarily Claremont Hotel.

Less people going to Northbridge by the week. Claremont was less clubby and more pubby. One the pubs had a large range of beers. I think it was the Stirling hotel which pulled a lot of people.
Pubs were brighter and you could manage to hold a conversation in one out of the dingy darkness of nightclub.

Octoberfest rolling in loose peanut shells all over the floor.

I think we went to Club Bayview once but it didn't appeal. German beer was our scene, the lights on in a pub appealed. I remember running into all these people in Claremont. It was like, that is where you have gone.

Im only basing my experience on people who took me on the official unofficial bog lap. There must be more to it. It was up around Royal Perth Hospital then back down.

Im just trying to think why Northbridge wasn't more the bog lap for the blokes I knew that had hotted up cars.

The Captain Stirling was a Swan Brewery pub and from what I recall in the 90's was a bit of a shithole.

You could blow me down with a feather if you were getting German beer there in 1996. It was still jugs of Super as far I was aware and skimpy bar maids most nights

The Captain Stirling was a Swan Brewery pub and from what I recall in the 90's was a bit of a shithole.

You could blow me down with a feather if you were getting German beer there in 1996. It was still jugs of Super as far I was aware and skimpy bar maids most nights

What was the pub with all the German piss and peanuts?

That's all you do. Most of it childish comments lacking civility.

Well I just demonstrated to you the same information you have read before and you are still going over it.

Hang on, you ragged rally just a minute ago. They would run anything, and I ponder if Claremont was used around the first Rally Australia in 1988 as a demo in the lead up to the out area racing. Esplanade was certainly used in Telstra Rally Australia later when the event grew.

They would have many events at Claremont, not excluding appearance of Evil Knievel. Claremont Speedway was not just purely sprint cars.

People that like racing just don't go sprint cars.

The Claremont Speedway was a racing circuit in the grounds of the Claremont Showgrounds in the suburb of Claremont in Western Australia's capital city of Perth. The speedway held its first meeting on 14 May 1927, and its final meeting on 31 March 2000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_Speedway

If you're not first, you are last. Probably why it is now called Kwinana Motorplex.

I guess you would know being involved with motorsport
And where did I 'rag' rally? Stop making things up, for all of our sakes.

Speedway and rally are two entirely different forms of motorsport. Personally, I'm into motorcycles (own 10.5 +/-) and the bikes I own don't do sport. It's possible that BRE was into rally, speedway or both but there's no evidence that he was that I know of. Oh someone was abducted by someone with a rally style car - must have been BRE because he might have been involved in rally. Or speedway. Or something. Maybe surf lifesaving.

Just trying to fathom what Drocs motives were and who these people were he hung with. The Ginos heroin addicts. Who was the Fremantle tattooist in the book about Mallard?
Wondering what the warehouse Noel Coward was going on about in Woods st?

jKVUjvk.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back