Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
They lie?

Australian Story transcript on Brenden Abbott. The police created the Postcard Bandit, I have zero respect for this.

CHRIS NYST: Police media liaison decided it would be a good idea to put out the story that Abbott had been sending postcards to the police while he was on the run. In fact, that arose from the police having found some photographs during the search of one of the houses that he'd been in. Brenden Abbott never sent any postcards. It was just a story that somebody picked up on and they run with it, but it worked in our favour, so we never tried to contradict it.

CHRIS NYST: Kind of backfired a little bit on the police, in a sense. It captured the imagination of a lot of people in Australia and it turned Abbott into, I suspect, a little bit of a folk hero.

SNR SGT JEFF BEAMAN: It's upped the ante for him. It's made him much more of a political football than he otherwise would have been.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Abbott's first bank robbery was in Perth 1987. And he is pictures using a similar looking gun but I think

I dont think Abbott has been put forward here but his first bank job was in Perth '87, not sure if they found his gun when he was arrested though.

not sure if it was before his first bank robbery or after, but Brendan abbot apparently ram raided the 'guns and ammo' store in Maddington on Albany Hwy early on in his career. a lot of guns were stolen, which were later used in robberies. if i recall abbot was a Perth boy, he grew up not far from Belmont forum.

i wondering if this gun could of been something brought back by a digger from WW2, or vietnam. holds on to it for sentimental reasons, then at some point later it ends up thrown in the drink.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
not sure if it was before his first bank robbery or after, but Brendan abbot apparently ram raided the 'guns and ammo' store in Maddington on Albany Hwy early on in his career. a lot of guns were stolen, which were later used in robberies. if i recall abbot was a Perth boy, he grew up not far from Belmont forum.

i wondering if this gun could of been something brought back by a digger from WW2, or vietnam. holds on to it for sentimental reasons, then at some point later it ends up thrown in the drink.
something brought back by a digger from WW2, or vietnam....... Does asny one know what type of gun this is?

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
On the cops playing the public for idiots, see how they lie?

Australian Story transcript on Brenden Abbott. The police created the Postcard Bandit, I have zero respect for this.

CHRIS NYST: Police media liaison decided it would be a good idea to put out the story that Abbott had been sending postcards to the police while he was on the run. In fact, that arose from the police having found some photographs during the search of one of the houses that he'd been in. Brenden Abbott never sent any postcards. It was just a story that somebody picked up on and they run with it, but it worked in our favour, so we never tried to contradict it.

CHRIS NYST: Kind of backfired a little bit on the police, in a sense. It captured the imagination of a lot of people in Australia and it turned Abbott into, I suspect, a little bit of a folk hero.

SNR SGT JEFF BEAMAN: It's upped the ante for him. It's made him much more of a political football than he otherwise would have been.

What's the sentence for calling someone the Postcard Bandit when they didn't actually send postcards? IMO should be a hanging offence!

What's the sentence for calling someone the Postcard Bandit when they didn't actually send postcards? IMO should be a hanging offence!

This is where dishonesty with the public and game playing starts on the slippery slope of deceit. We all know where it can end up.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
This is where dishonesty with the public and game playing starts on the slippery slope of deceit. We all know where it can end up.
And major crime starts with minor ones so lock everyone up before they commit major crimes.

the dark knight

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Hello everyone,
Apologies if this has been raised, There’s a lot of conjecture as to if JC was the alleged CSK’s 1st victim. I’m only new to this case, IMO tho, I don’t believe this was the work of the alleged CSK. I hope tho that the killer is brought to justice.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Hello everyone,
Apologies if this has been raised, There’s a lot of conjecture as to if JC was the alleged CSK’s 1st victim. I’m only new to this case, IMO tho, I don’t believe this was the work of the alleged CSK. I hope tho that the killer is brought to justice.
I dont know. My gut feel is no but thats more age related .

I think there has been a good theory posted around ransom gone wrong but again its hard to lock down

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hello everyone,
Yes it has been talked about a lot. It really is a mystery as there are no real clues to go on. IMHO I would not be surprised if it was CSK related, but then again there are some other good theories.

Yes it has been talked about a lot. It really is a mystery as there are no real clues to go on. IMHO I would not be surprised if it was CSK related, but then again there are some other good theories.

Many might disagree with me and that's okay but I've got BRE for it.

Put the screws to imo. Maybe even Kerry Turner.

the dark knight

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Many might disagree with me and that's okay but I've got BRE for it.

Put the screws to imo. Maybe even Kerry Turner.
I know perps can change MO. But this seems a little too forward for the CSK. We know with the CSK trial, That the perp mainly laid in wait. Attempting to ram a car off the road and chucking it into the beach. I’d love to see some closure for her family and friends.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure how old BRE would have been in 1988??
If it was BRE, he may have felt this didn't work out and so needed to change his MO. The similarities are that her house was broken into earlier and there is no body, along with the fact that he knew this area well. He worked there and its rumored he spent some time with the surf club??

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Not sure how old BRE would have been in 1988??
If it was BRE, he may have felt this didn't work out and so needed to change his MO. The similarities are that her house was broken into earlier and there is no body, along with the fact that he knew this area well. He worked there and its rumored he spent some time with the surf club??
He was 19-20

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was 19-20
Thanks Grey Crow. i don't know if this puts more or less weight to BRE being involved in the JC disappearance. On the one hand, would some one this age be capable of doing something like this? Or would this be the sort of crazy thing a young person rather than older person would do??

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Thanks Grey Crow. i don't know if this puts more or less weight to BRE being involved in the JC disappearance. On the one hand, would some one this age be capable of doing something like this? Or would this be the sort of crazy thing a young person rather than older person would do??
Without knowing the full details ie the on road dust up may not even be connected , it would seem more likely to be a young hoon road rage , which on its own is fine

But to then move that into murder? And to have the wherewithal to get the car into the sea? That is more than a 19 year old ( in my opinion) would do. A 19 yr old - as you say - is more rage than planning.

1 scenario is she drove into the sea ( by accident) and her body was swept out to sea.

Another is the petedavo theory of kidnapping/ransom and she was taken from the car and someone else dumped the car and swam out.

Finding her stuff on the beach doesnt really help the 1st scenario but it is more probable with the 2nd

Having her stuff on the beach also means a rage theory also falls apart. ie the car and the body are in the water - what need of her personal effects?

Last edited:

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Without knowing the full details ie the on road dust up may not even be connected , it would seem more likely to be a young hoon road rage , which on its own is fine

But to then move that into murder? And to have the wherewithal to get the car into the sea? That is more than a 19 year old ( in my opinion) would do. A 19 yr old - as you say - is more rage than planning.

1 scenario is she drove into the sea ( by accident) and her body was swept out to sea.

Another is the metic theory of kidnapping/ransom and she was taken from the car and someone else dumped the car and swam out.

Finding her stuff on the beach doesnt really help the 1st scenario but it is more probable with the 2nd

Having her stuff on the beach also means a rage theory also falls apart. ie the car and the body are in the water - what need of her personal effects?
Thanks Grey Crow, totally agree. Although we don't have much evidence to go on, it is a very complex case with what we do know!! Are you referring to note book? & pen? found recently in the sand dunes??

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Thanks Grey Crow, totally agree. Although we don't have much evidence to go on, it is a very complex case with what we do know!! Are you referring to note book? & pen? found recently in the sand dunes??
Yes. Though I thought diary

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Another is the metic theory of kidnapping/ransom and she was taken from the car and someone else dumped the car and swam out.

"Another is the metic theory of kidnapping/ransom and she was taken from the car and someone else dumped the car and swam out."

No that's not my theory at all crow .
I think it was Petedavo who went that path

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
"Another is the metic theory of kidnapping/ransom and she was taken from the car and someone else dumped the car and swam out."

No that's not my theory at all crow .
I think it was Petedavo who went that path
Apologies - I will edit

Back