Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Foundation Day became Western Australia Day.

This is a replacement holiday for the Queens birthday holiday celebrated in the East. Jane Rimmer disappeared Queens birthday I think.

This led to the establishment of the Swan River Colony, the first permanent British colony in Western Australia. Western Australia Day (formerly Foundation Day) is officially celebrated on June 1, but the public holiday is observed on the first Monday in June.
We've always had the Queens Birthday either on the last Monday in September or the 1St Monday in October to coincide with the Perth Royal Show and School Holidays.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
We've always had the Queens Birthday either on the last Monday in September or the 1St Monday in October to coincide with the Perth Royal Show and School Holidays.

What date was Julies alleged first attempt run off the road just prior Eric st on Stirling Highway?

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Its 1988. You reside in Madora bay at the parents holiday house, purchased in the new fiscal month of June off someone. The family has a little yellow bunky, maybe registered in a parent's name.

Its taken out for a thrash at places like Karnup Pine Forest for a thrash down the limestone tracks.

All supposition.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Both Julie and Dorothy went missing leaving high class nightclubs inside 5 star CBD hotels within weeks of each other. Hilton, and Sheraton hotels.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Hmm where did rumour start up linking Julie to Racquet Club. 306 Riverside the Causeway end, where it converges with Adelaide Tce opposite wapol HQ. do wapol officers hang out there?
AFAIK Terrance McLernon tweeted about it & it was reposted by Shan Low on Channel 9 facebook page.

These are my notes about it just copy/pasted:
30Nov18 post revealed hearsay story told to ex cop about statement given to police in 2015 about a conversation years prior (at a Newman mine site according to Shan Low as told to Trevor McLernon) by ex boyfriend of Julies & ex doorman at the racquet club who claimed he murdered her and put her car in the sea. Told a workmate who went to cops and they didnt listen coz he was in the s**t over a car fire anyway.

Terrance Mclernon ex cop turned PI claims it was Pace who ran the witness, the person the alleged boyfriend told this story to, out of town. Allegedly confesses while working for Newcrest Mining. Witness signed paperwork to this effect seen by the PI.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Also, first suggestion that I know of that she may have gone somewhere first was in articles detailing ex boyfriend from Melbourne coming over to Perth to check out the club scene as he thought he may have a better chance of getting someone to talk to him over cops.

There was also an article "Missing Julie - Murder seems certain" that said: Sgt Carey considers 2 alternatives. Either someone was lying in wait for her in or close to her car or she went somewhere afterwards and met her killer.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Do you know the date of Julies first attempted abduction? Please.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmm where did rumour start up linking Julie to Racquet Club. 306 Riverside the Causeway end, where it converges with Adelaide Tce opposite wapol HQ. do wapol officers hang out there?

Allegedly, a boyfriend worked at the Racquet Club. He apparently confessed to the murder. I have a feeling that it was a moment of Im the big tough bouncer. Don't mess with me.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I still have concerns for the 21 year old girl that left Cottesloe near Eric st in 1988, in the late hours, only to roll her car down an embankment not far past Lakeside drive-in on Westcoast Highway, Citybeach.

Was she run off the road? The incident put down as bad driving in 1988? The car rolled that much you wouldn't know it had been struck.

Same or similar age as Julie Cutler, leaving Cottesloe, car rolls in the vicinity of Lakeside drive-in just past Swanbourne barracks heading north.

Julie had one prior incident where a madman tried run Julie off Stirling highway.

So many similarities in the crime.

Last edited:

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still have concerns for the 21 year old girl that left Cottesloe near Eric st in 1988, in the late hours, only to roll her car down an embankment not far past Lakeside drive-in on Westcoast Highway, Citybeach.

Was she run off the road? The incident put down as bad driving in 1988? The car rolled that much you wouldn't know it had been struck.

Same or similar age as Julie Cutler, leaving Cottesloe, car rolls in the vicinity of Lakeside drive-in just past Swanbourne barracks heading north.

Julie had one prior incident where a madman tried run Julie off Stirling highway.

Melsy did she survive? I was only 9y/o in 88 so a lot of these are new to me

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Melsy did she survive? I was only 9y/o in 88 so a lot of these are new to me

She died in the roll over. Late night, left friends house in Cottesloe.

The death was written off as an accident. Maybe it was. However many the attributes fit existing crimes.

A madman running women off the road.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
She died in the roll over. Late night, left friends house in Cottesloe.

The death was written off as an accident. Maybe it was. However many the attributes fit existing crimes.

A madman running women off the road.
Which existing crimes?

And the person/s charged over these crimes

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
After hearing propensity evidence, at 19yo how bold BRE was, his history at Cottesloe Beach, mentions of Cottesloe Beach to a potential victim, swimming at Cottesloe Beach, his history with an older woman. The bag containing stockings and shirt etc.

Has anybody who previously felt BRE was not responsible for Julie's disappearance changed their minds to thinking, yeah maybe he could have?
No. I still believe he escalated to Sarah Spiers as his first kill. He was leading up the the kill with previous victims He hid her body very well then gained confidence to not have to hide the next two as well.

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think it is ransom at all. Some businessmen might have lost a lot of money.

I think it could have been a punishment. A hitman sent to kill her, and taunt family.
No unlikely. I also worked in a prominent hotel in 88. We were fly keys nothing more. HAd nothing to do with high rollers or any o e of “importance” and if we were to witness anything we were not important enough to matter.

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
As for the bag, the one time Julie goes missing, her uniform turns up slid under table at a nearby cafe. If you had your car, why would you take the uniform out of the car to go for something to eat after stuffing yourself at the staff awards night with free food and alcohol?

I am just talking about the bag...because the bag has been an issue...i don't really think the bag is of real importance to be quite honest(may have become a over reaction)....but it is still a bag been found...And it would save so much time to take the bag with you IF you were going for a bite(lunch)..so you save having to go by and get it again...from car park...Dinner at hotel was much later in evening when her shift was finished...
The bag was handed in to police station...

Apparently...in melbourne...there is also a centerway arcade in that year...opening times @
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
sat 9am-2.30pm
sun closed
Really though, how do we know it’s her uniform? When I worked in a hotel nearby we were given a uniform (used but laundered) and expected to return it when we left. High turn over of staff. I used it for 3 months and returned when I left. Same size as Julie’s. Do police ever confirm it’s Julies or just similar size? So much time passed it could be anyone’s.

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
the security(theres that word again)did what they were suppose to do then...safety of patrons on the premisis....
so then cancel the idea of someone being in the back seat(or boot) of her car....

our minds can play little tricks on us at times....you see ..we now see Julie as the only person in the city...her importance....while there are thousands of others like her around also....
Security my arse. Sorry to be crude but I was going to nightclubs from 15 in that era and security were only there for fights not to look at any thing else

Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Has he been charged with this bolded attack?

I'd like to read the court transcripts of the 1990 attack as it is not described as a vicious attack. ie he didnt lose control and start yelling and get angry, it reads as if it was a grab and snatch attempt. This is similar to the Karrakatta attack, I take note that he did utter words , but again in a controlled voice and not out of control angry. (my reading)

5 years and he seems to have the same pattern of behaviour. Sure I cant say for certain but I see a method that worked for him. I cant see him getting angrier. he was cold and calculating rather than out of control in my opinion

We shall know more as the trial progresses
Seems to be classic escalation behaviour. No reason to presume he would kill In 88 then return to rape and let live when opportunity to kill is there

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Without a witness, and without the car to reexamine, I don't believe any way forward with such a question. Maybe police might have photos of the wreck, but if they didn't see evidence of a ram or scrape back then, I'd doubt that they'd see one now. IMO

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think it is ransom at all. Some businessmen might have lost a lot of money.

I think it could have been a punishment. A hitman sent to kill her, and taunt family.
No unlikely. I also worked in a prominent hotel in 88. We were fly keys nothing more. HAd nothing to do with high rollers or any o e of “importance” and if we were to witness anything we were not important enough to matter.
Melsy is talking about a theory involving her uncle's adventure in Leopold and whether she was abducted for ransom by someone trying to get their hands on any imagined profits, maybe by someone like David Everett who had just returned to Australia the year before.
Melsy is saying that she doesn't believe so, but asks if someone was aggrieved enough to commit an act of retribution.
I looked at the players that might've lost money in the Leopold scam, but no one seemed to of been any worse off in later years from what I could google.
Except for what the Judge said in the 1972 judgement, there is nothing to indicate whether any money was made or lost.
Interestingly, one of the Cops that worked on the Leopold case was murdered by his own son in Yokine, apparently after an argument about the other sons drug overdose death. The son that killed his parents claimed to of been sleepwalking when he did them in. The jury didn't believe him. Another cop who worked on the case was assassinated in Lathlain, apparently over the death of a bikie in Ora Banda.
Oh and another cop that might've also worked on the case was named as a suspect in the Shirley Finn coroner's hearing last year. He died of Alzheimer's or something just as horrible.
I couldn't find any other evidence of a curse from involvement in Leopold, except that the episode led to the creation of ASIC, which itself was probably looked at as a curse by shady traders and tax dodgers, but I doubt that any of them made a connection to the Leopold case being the instigation of their woes or jailing.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Without a witness, and without the car to reexamine, I don't believe any way forward with such a question. Maybe police might have photos of the wreck, but if they didn't see evidence of a ram or scrape back then, I'd doubt that they'd see one now. IMO

Oh certainly, but as time goes by, I dare say questions will be raised. Especially if someone is charged with the Cutler matter. Its certainly not a case to prosecute, but it might help the family that grieved knowing that the victim was not at fault, and had come to foul play.

21 year old leaves Cottesloe late at night in 1988 only to be found rolled in a car not far from Swanbourne, Lakeside drive-in. In 1988 when someone else tried to run Cutler off the road for several kilometres up to Eric st, Stirling highway.

The 21 year olds car rolled in a place that would give her car maximum damage if run off the road. She was a waitress.

If the Cutler case is prosecuted and makes television, then someone might think it more based on the Cutler evidence.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Security my arse. Sorry to be crude but I was going to nightclubs from 15 in that era and security were only there for fights not to look at any thing else

I remember being in grade 7 and two girls went to Pinocchios (The place Kerry Turner went, going missing after) from our year. They would be 12/13.

I was shocked because we were in primary school. They were both tallish.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Oh certainly, but as time goes by, I dare say questions will be raised. Especially if someone is charged with the Cutler matter. Its certainly not a case to prosecute, but it might help the family that grieved knowing that the victim was not at fault, and had come to foul play.

21 year old leaves Cottesloe late at night in 1988 only to be found rolled in a car not far from Swanbourne, Lakeside drive-in. In 1988 when someone else tried to run Cutler off the road for several kilometres up to Eric st, Stirling highway.

The 21 year olds car rolled in a place that would give her car maximum damage if run off the road. She was a waitress.

If the Cutler case is prosecuted and makes television, then someone might think it more based on the Cutler evidence.
You do realise continuing these baseless allegations causes more grief to the family than anything else

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Julie went to WAIT (Western Australia Institute of technology). She was allegedly studying theatre and English literature.

Julie worked at the Parmelia hotel. Julie was leaving Juliannas nightclub which is inside the 5 star Parmelia Hilton.

Julie had been pursued up Stirling highway to near Eric st, Stirling Highway a couple of weeks prior her disappearance.

Another woman with the pseudonym Dorothy had been abducted and beaten for 3 hours, dumped quite close to WAIT, on Centennary Drive, Wilson.

Julies car was found opposite Forrest st in the ocean adjacent the Cottesloe surf club, after allegedly being driven down the road into the water.

Julie went to Iona. May have gone to Cottesloe over the years as a main place to drink and swim.

Julie was staying in a Fremantle flat with a friend after a traveling holiday.

Julies flat "was broken into". Was any underwear stolen?

Last edited:
Back