West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
If Julie did go to Racquet Club there is a possibility she has met evil there.

That makes the window tighter, doesn't it? 12:30 am departing Parmelia. 30 minutes to Racquet Club, 2 hours, 30 minutes to Cottesloe. That's getting towards 3.30 in the morning. Another hour...

Last edited:

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
That makes the window tighter, doesn't it? 12:30 am departing Parmelia. 30 minutes to Racquet Club, 2 hours, 30 minutes to Cottesloe. That's getting towards 3.30 in the morning.

Parmelia to Northbridge is not 30 minutes. Where is 2 hours coming from?

Where did you get info re the woman rolling her car at swanbourne?

Spinnaker

Debutant
Mar 16, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
In fact Lakeway Drivein where the 1989 victim was transported from Cottesloe Hotel carpark was on Narla Rd.

Lakeway Drive-in was demolished in 1989 and was deserted for years.

182cffc79501383c9939893926597701.jpg

779c89d587da71cf4ba3c4e99ed459b0.jpg

http://www.ammpt.asn.au/CinemaWEB/SITE/view.php?rec_id=0000000485

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
The woman was a telstra worker and attended the racquet club with other workers. She did not consume alcohol. Later in night she called taxi. When it arrived she went to get in back seat. Man in back seat allegedly tried to pull her in. It is alleged a 2nd man allegedly pushed her with his foot in her back. 3rd man allegedly tried to hold door closed. She kicked her way out. Reported to police. She quit her job at Telstra and heard nothing more. When bre arrested she recognized him as 2nd guy with foot in her back and recontacted police. The 3 men were all allegedly Telstra workers too. I am told she is set to appear as a witness at trial. The person relaying allegation does not know year.

The part of allegation regarding guy in back seat attempting to pull her in is same as the 1994 princess st 'event' in claremont widely publicised in media.
s**t, I hope it's not my brother's ex then

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Bloody Telecom drivers! Cannonball Run - 27th May 1994

“A Telecom vehicle towing a trailer or small camper over-took us (the competitors) whilst we were restricted to the speed of 180 kilometres per hour. We (the competitors) had a speed limit placed on us of 180kph, however the general public could go faster if they chose to. So, the Telecom car and trailer was “leap frogging” us all. To add insult to injury, the car occupants were taking pictures of every competitor’s car as the Telecom car, trailer and occupants over-took each and every one of us at speeds of in excess of 200Km’s per hour. The ‘photographer’ was even leaning out of the car at this speed to take photos of us.”

http://cannonballrun.info/2018/05/30/racing-the-telecom-car-with-the-trailer-camper/

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Lakeway Drive-in was demolished in 1989 and was deserted for years.

182cffc79501383c9939893926597701.jpg

779c89d587da71cf4ba3c4e99ed459b0.jpg

http://www.ammpt.asn.au/CinemaWEB/SITE/view.php?rec_id=0000000485

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have any idea of what month the 1989 attack occurred?

What has this got to do with discussion?

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Do we have any idea of what month the 1989 attack occurred?

What has this got to do with discussion?

Jane Rimmer worked on Government road. We have other persons who found documents with electrical schema in a warehouse on Government road.

We have an accused whose job revolved around locating street names. We have image which shows the canvas map folder for road techs.

We may hear that Government road was the early placement of government departments or road boards.

Government roads were some of the earliest roads, as was Stirling Highway, as was Forrest rd and Kent st (WAIT). They were original street names.

Narla was a name change and a place chosen as a place for sexual assault. The person may have known its prior history.

Early rumours suggested that the Claremont crime was planned in the back of a UBD street directory which was part of the reason why taxi drivers were targeted. Someone who spent considerable time looking at the UBD.

Someone bored who might have taken an interest in the street names and their prior purpose. For some occupations, their job revolves around street names. Having a parent in the same position from the 30 years prior might have better early knowledge and imparted that history.

In the office there may have been large maps displaying the larger road network of "Greater Perth" for job allocation and pay rates.

Last edited:

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Jane Rimmer worked on Government road. We have other persons who found documents in a warehouse on Government road.

We have an accused whose job revolved around finding roads. We have image which shows the canvas map folder for road techs.

We may hear that Government road were early placement of government departments or road boards.

Government roads were some of the earliest roads, as was Stirling Highway, as was Forrest rd. They were original street names.

Narla was a name change and a place chosen as a place for sexual assault.

Early rumours suggested that the Claremont crime was planned in the back of a UBD street directory which was part of the reason why taxi drivers were targeted. Someone who spent considerable time looking at the UBD.

Someone bored who might have taken an interest in the street names and their prior purpose.

Where is this...taken from your musings

"We have image which shows the canvas map folder for road techs".

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
The woman was a telstra worker and attended the racquet club with other workers. She did not consume alcohol. Later in night she called taxi. When it arrived she went to get in back seat. Man in back seat allegedly tried to pull her in. It is alleged a 2nd man allegedly pushed her with his foot in her back. 3rd man allegedly tried to hold door closed. She kicked her way out. Reported to police. She quit her job at Telstra and heard nothing more. When bre arrested she recognized him as 2nd guy with foot in her back and recontacted police. The 3 men were all allegedly Telstra workers too. I am told she is set to appear as a witness at trial. The person relaying allegation does not know year.

The part of allegation regarding guy in back seat attempting to pull her in is same as the 1994 princess st 'event' in claremont widely publicised in media.
This is very interesting.

Do you know what year this occurred? She's reported this to police so was she not able to recognise the attackers at the time?

I'm curious why she left Telsta employment and the three Telstra employees got to keep their job?

Was BRE frequenting the racquet club and did he know bouncers?

If this attack was reported to cops as she said, I wonder why any connections between Telstra workers and taxis wasn't made?

I was curious that The Post ran with this headline early December last year.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Where is this...taken from your musings

"We have image which shows the canvas map folder for road techs".

Yep, a picture of a typical Telecom canvas folder used to hold maps and plans for field techs.

I see your ego is back. RU ok?

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Do you know what year this occurred? She's reported this to police so was she not able to recognise the attackers at the time?

I'm curious why she left Telsta employment and the three Telstra employees got to keep their job?

If this attack was reported to cops as she said, I wonder why any connections between Telstra workers and taxis wasn't made?

I'll guess this must've been either late 80's or early 90's as Telecom was mentioned earlier.
I read it a different way, that they're all Telecom workers, and that they worked together. Maybe her role was subordinate, and therefore was intimidated so much that she quit.
You have to remember that back before such cases as Rose v Telstra Corporation Limited [1998] AIRC 1592 there wasn't generally a view that the Employer had any vicarious responsibility for employees actions after work. It wasn't until the case Law such as this changed everything, and now a days there's employers policies, and a whole raft of health and safety laws governing such things as sexual harassment in after hours social functions etc.
The way I read this, it appears that frequenting clubs and pubs after work was normal amongst them.
I read this as the girl only recently reported this incident to the cops after the arrest of the accused.
I read it differently, so in my mind, there is no questions as to why police didn't link this.
Maybe BN could clarify which way to read this?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I havent said 3 male telstra men kept their jobs. I understand the victim statement made immediately after alleged attack has same detail in statement made after accused was arrested in 2016 after she recognized him again.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll guess this must've been either late 80's or early 90's as Telecom was mentioned earlier.
I read it a different way, that they're all Telecom workers, and that they worked together. Maybe her role was subordinate, and therefore was intimidated so much that she quit.
You have to remember that back before such cases as Rose v Telstra Corporation Limited [1998] AIRC 1592 there wasn't generally a view that the Employer had any vicarious responsibility for employees actions after work. It wasn't until the case Law such as this changed everything, and now a days there's employers policies, and a whole raft of health and safety laws governing such things as sexual harassment in after hours social functions etc.
The way I read this, it appears that frequenting clubs and pubs after work was normal amongst them.
I read this as the girl only recently reported this incident to the cops after the arrest of the accused.
I read it differently, so in my mind, there is no questions as to why police didn't link this.
Maybe BN could clarify which way to read this?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The woman reported event to police immediately after it happened. No further contact from police. She recognized bre after his arrest and made contact with police again.

I am trying to verify year.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Was the Racquet Club at 5 Aberdeen St?

Racquet Club is now in adelaide tce Causeway end. Anyone know when they moved from Northbridge?

Robert (Bob) J MaherChairman, Boss Entertainment

Bob first entered the entertainment industry in 1967. He made his way from a barman to a club manager, and eventually owner.

The first venue he owned and directed was Pinocchios Nightclub.Bob was the first unofficial Co-ordinator and Chairman of the Cabaret Owners Association, and instrumental in commencing the official Association (now called the WA Nightclub Association).

Bob started the West Australian Rock Awards (which is now the Government controlled WAMI Awards). In 1980, Bob was asked by Stuart Wagstaff and Paul Hogan to set up the West Australian region of the entertainment industry’s charity, The Variety Club Australia. He did so and was West Australia’s inaugural Chairman. Boss Entertainment has been responsible for the creation and operation of a wide range of hospitality opportunities spanning most of the differing licence classes.

Current ownership interests / experience:The Deen Hotel, Northbridge WABlack Bettys (previously Post Office Nightclub), Northbridge WAEurobar, Northbridge WAVarsity Bar (previously Basement on Broadway), Nedlands WA

Previousownership interests / experience:Pinnocchios, Perth WABeethovens, Perth WAGobbles, Perth WATiffanys Piano Bar, Perth WAThe Melbourne Hotel, Perth WAThe Fitzgerald Hotel, Perth WAThe Rhodes Hotel, South Perth WAF-Scotts, Perth WAF-Scotts, Melbourne VicThe Racquet Club, Northbridge WAThe Hip-e Club, Leederville WAExit, Northbridge WA

https://www.rgl.wa.gov.au/docs/defa...ovement-group-of-northbridge-(2).pdf?sfvrsn=0

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The Telecom Brand was finally retired in 1995.
Even though the Telstra legal entity began in 1992.
Telstra still used the brand Telecom for its Domestic customers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstra

Yep, Telecom was transitioned for privatisation in 1996 by the Liberal party. Uncertainty for Telstra workers with restructures on their way.

The first mobile call made in 1987 by the communications minister.

If the guy inside the Claremont (Mystery Man) at the steps had a phone, he was 4% of the population.

In April 1993 when Australia's Telstra launched its GSM network there were just 635,000 analogue mobiles in Australia, and less than 4% of people had one. Today there are 14 million mobile phones in the country and around 70% of people have one.

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/4 AMTA, Ten years of GSM in Australia, www.amta.gov.au.pdf

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
It is strange that 3 men go out together dressed in dark clothes and undertake what appears to be a pre/planned attack.

one perp comes up beside the victim, one jumps in front of her and one hits her over the head with something hard. None of them speak.

They still turned on her after having the hand bag.

She was on her knees, blood spilling down her face and she didn’t know if they were going to murder or rape her.

This sounds more than your average mugging IMO.
Its strange that 3 men go so far

Then stop. They dont rape or murder her.

While not dismissing the Telstra connection mentioned previously my thoughts centre around a marriage dispute.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be interesting to see an in-depth history of which security companies were contracted in both Claremont and the CBD in 1988 and 1996.

Coincidently, both Racquet and Pinnochos had the same previous owner.

Last edited:
Back