Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kind of like this I’m guessing
yes, the first pic is what I would call a real purse, just big enough to hold coins and maybe a few notes. My 'collect' is the same shape and thats why I call them purses. When ladies wallets first came out they were often still called a purse, though not so much these days.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Kind of like this I’m guessing
Yep, 2nd photo is what I think of as a traditional "purse". 1st I'd call a coin purse.
If the pen was given out at a function at the Parmelia or by a particular person who was looking at buying the Parmelia it could jog someone's memory of the event and when it occurred, which would help put a time frame upon the provenance of those items found buried in the sand dunes. Which itself might lead to some further avenues of investigation. That is my reasoning for releasing a photo of the biro.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
My reasoning is simply that until the items are identified, if ever, there will always be a question of whether they were Julie's or not, & until the photos of the items are released publically, no one can come forward to provide any info whatsoever about them. There's so many possibilities as to where they came from, whose they were, why or how they arrived there and when....but until we see them, no one knows what they might be able to offer, where it may lead or how important it might be.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
One Eyed Spy… I asked the Post about the photo and got this today.. I hope they find it if they have it!!!!

I was able to retrieve our coverage of the police search in November 2018, published on December 1, 2018, but have not been able to locate any images of the purse, diary and pen recovered from the dunes in 1997. See attached pdf files. We are continuing the search and will let you know how we get on.
Regards
Leigh Martin
subeditor
Surely they've also found the ad the guy placed in 1996 stating he'd found the items. Perhaps you might ask them about that or anything about her case written in 2002 & 2015 to see what they come up with, seeing you've already had a reply. I imagine their database would direct them straight to the relevant issues & if not providing the copies for them as well, it would assist a trip to the State Library to track something down. Reckon they mustn't have a photo or Brett would know about it, or, he's not releasing it for some reason, which I reckon they'd probably admit to if that were the case.

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Next time you're there can you take a photo and post it please? Showing the whole scene not just the logo.
Finally got you photos from Mercantile Lane
a93851833fc45e95f624fb98df15e4d5.jpg
b71a5ec5b26a7bb99b9e59faa507964d.jpg
d82ae788adb9c21d3e9c1590744cb7fc.jpg
dd12104b09316026c1cfecde1e517358.jpg

mrskafoops

Team Captain
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely they've also found the ad the guy placed in 1996 stating he'd found the items. Perhaps you might ask them about that or anything about her case written in 2002 & 2015 to see what they come up with, seeing you've already had a reply. I imagine their database would direct them straight to the relevant issues & if not providing the copies for them as well, it would assist a trip to the State Library to track something down. Reckon they mustn't have a photo or Brett would know about it, or, he's not releasing it for some reason, which I reckon they'd probably admit to if that were the case.
I asked about the letter and didn’t get a reply 😞

mrskafoops

Team Captain
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Not that I am aware off.
All those buildings on the right hand side of Mercantile Lane are on the old carpark though.

So Julie should have come out the rear entrance turned left and walked a bit uphill to the car park?

mrskafoops

Team Captain
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I am beginning to think the diary, pen etc are unrelated. If they were Julies they would have been buried in the dunes for 7 years. When I was a kid I buried a diary wrapped up in a plastic shopping bag, it was just an exercise book, in my front garden. I thought that would be a great way to hide it. Anyway, sometime later I dug it up ... can't recall the time frame but in any case it was severely water damaged. So if the bag with the diary etc in it were buried in the dunes wouldn't the same thing have happened? The article said that the metal was only a bit corroded. Unless someone held onto Julies stuff and dumped it in 1995 ... But that seems too personal for a crime like this? Or someone that has come up with a really long plan to mess with the cops heads and investigation? I think the perp who did this had prior experience for sure.. this wasn't their first offence. Usually crimes like this are sexually motivated and I think I read that the victim generally doesn't know the perp.

Also side note, no one found any sign of Robyn Santen... I have been reading about people that go into the ocean and in all of the cases a part of them is found even if it is just "biological material" like in the case of this guy https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...r/news-story/f5f4af970febf880184a4f73b8798b7f

I wonder if it was Robyn that was found in Neerabup?

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
So Julie should have come out the rear entrance turned left and walked a bit uphill to the car park?
My memory of the carpark was only from walking passed it on Mounts Bay Rd. It was flat ground level and only entrance and exit I remembered were both on Mounts Bay Rd. Because Mercantile Lane goes uphill I am assuming there might have been a retaining wall between the carpark and Mercantile Lane

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I am beginning to think the diary, pen etc are unrelated. If they were Julies they would have been buried in the dunes for 7 years. When I was a kid I buried a diary wrapped up in a plastic shopping bag, it was just an exercise book, in my front garden. I thought that would be a great way to hide it. Anyway, sometime later I dug it up ... can't recall the time frame but in any case it was severely water damaged. So if the bag with the diary etc in it were buried in the dunes wouldn't the same thing have happened? The article said that the metal was only a bit corroded. Unless someone held onto Julies stuff and dumped it in 1995 ... But that seems too personal for a crime like this? Or someone that has come up with a really long plan to mess with the cops heads and investigation? I think the perp who did this had prior experience for sure.. this wasn't their first offence. Usually crimes like this are sexually motivated and I think I read that the victim generally doesn't know the perp.

Also side note, no one found any sign of Robyn Santen... I have been reading about people that go into the ocean and in all of the cases a part of them is found even if it is just "biological material" like in the case of this guy https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...r/news-story/f5f4af970febf880184a4f73b8798b7f

The items were found "half buried" & all contained in a leather bag, apparently.
Who knows whether they were hers or not, how long they were there, who put them there, or why.
If we had something reliable to go on in relation to the items, there wouldn't be so many question marks. We've never had a confirmation, nor anyone publically named who was connected to Julie who've said they believe the items may have been hers so it's possible that's not even the truth. It's very much a case of coming to your own conclusions about it for whatever reasons you decide.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure what your referring to exactly suggesting it may have been her found, but if it was Robyn I'd think we'd have heard about it. She has living family & they would have a DNA profile to compare against surely.
I don't believe she went into the sea.
EDIT : assume you mean this person mrskafoops. Been 6 weeks so I assume they'd have a DNA profile by now & likely have released the info if it were her, could be wrong but don't know why they would delay confirming it if they knew who it was and it was a missing person so well publicised?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...updates-pt3-the-verdict.1248394/post-70635625

Last edited:

mrskafoops

Team Captain
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey hey 😊 has anyone been watching Ron Iddles new show Homicide??
He said with cases like this the person that did it is always in the file. I think he said 95% of the time the victim knows the perp and 60% of the time it’s someone close to them. Got me thinking about Bouncer Boyfriend again. Why is he not considered a suspect?

Attachments

• CCFCDD02-F9C7-486E-82C0-6F347360A202.png
    CCFCDD02-F9C7-486E-82C0-6F347360A202.png
    502.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Just had an interesting talk with someone who says that he witnessed the events on the night of Julie Cutler's car going into the ocean. He says that he saw two men, and that in something resembling of mice and men, one was tall and the short one was older with black curly hair and olive skin, like an Italian.
He told me that he had a fight with his girlfriend that night and walked from City Beach.
He says that he saw two men somewhere along the Beach that night. The tall one apparently having difficulty getting out of a hole, and the men placing something in the hole.
He says that he followed them and that the short one was interfering under the hood of a grey fiat and starting the motor.
He says that there was a storm and the water was upto the wall so he was quite close to them when he was noticed by the tall man.
He says that the short one physically restrained him, produced a knife and said he has going to kill him.
He says that a young man with blond spiky hair then said "what's going on here" which the chap telling this story, says saved his life, and so he walked off, whilst noticing almost a dozen other witnesses in the car park as he left.
What else he said was that the short man was the violent one and that the tall one just did what he was told.
This person told me that the police told him that they do not believe his story. He said that he's spoken to the police and had been asked ad provided two statements.
He says that the identity of the tall man became known to him when he attended a little athletics event and the tall man tried to detain him, made a phone call, but he had managed to find an excuse to leave, as he did so the short man arrived in a large white American car. He still doesn't know who the short man is, however he states that he had seen the short man a couple of times, and the most concerning to the story teller, was back in 1991 when the storyteller was a chef at the Langley, as as was starting work early one morning, he rode his motorcycle passed the short man leaning against a white American car. That same day a waitress he called Audrey entered the hotel saying that she was attacked in the carpark and that they tried to abduct her and force her into a car.

Anyway he said a lot more, but I didn't have time to write it down, as he had just finished his shift, and since he told me that he said all this to the Police quite a few times, I'm sure that if there's anything that could lead to an arrest with his information then it's been stated to those that can do that.

I've recorded it here. I don't pass judgement upon whether a story told to me is bullshit or not. I'll connect the teller to police if not already done so, but since this one has already done so, then his statements are just presented for due consideration.

Do we know any Italian looking acquaintances of Bradley Edwards? Can we establish an identity for a short person such described with a violent nature?

Did any of these dozen or so witnesses at the carpark at Cottesloe exist?

Last edited:
Did any of these dozen or so witnesses at the carpark at Cottesloe exist?

Fascinating!

There was reports of revellers in the carpark that night somewhere, I think that's where the rumours sprang from that Julie's car was found abandoned and vandalized by drunk partygoers.

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Fascinating!

There was reports of revellers in the carpark that night somewhere, I think that's where the rumours sprang from that Julie's car was found abandoned and vandalized by drunk partygoers.
Dunno, what to make of it. He said that he left, in fear of his life, so he doesn't know who put the car into the ocean. He actually thought that he was at City Beach and hadn't realised that he was at Cottesloe when he first spoke to Police he said.
Some of what he said was opinion, so it's of no value to add it here.
He did say that a SBS TV series called Double the Fist, that he watched had a character called Steve Foxx, that is a dead ringer in physical likeness to this short man, and showed me a picture on his phone of the actor Craig Anderson. Go figure.
Anyway, I hardly know this bloke, other than he's a **** at *****. He doesn't appear to be a braggart. He doesn't know anything about my interests, but my wife obviously told him where I worked, and he thought it meant a certain job, but when he was corrected about this assumption, he then wanted to express his gripes about his interactions over this with police and that they apparently told him that they don't believe him. That's basically the gist of it.
I just tried to distil into the post from his story, what he thinks he actually saw and cull out the opinion stuff.

Last edited:
Dunno, what to make of it. He said that he left, in fear of his life, so he doesn't know who put the car into the ocean. He actually thought that he was at City Beach and hadn't realised that he was at Cottesloe when he first spoke to Police he said.
Some of what he said was opinion, so it's of no value to add it here.
He did say that a SBS TV series called Double the Fist, that he watched had a character called Steve Foxx, that is a dead ringer in physical likeness to this short man, and showed me a picture on his phone of the actor Craig Anderson. Go figure.
Anyway, I hardly know this bloke, other than he's "He's a **** at ****" . He doesn't appear to be a braggart. He doesn't know anything about my interests, but my wife obviously told him where I worked, and he thought it meant a certain job, but when he was corrected about this assumption, he then wanted to express his gripes about his interactions over this with police and that they apparently told him that they don't believe him. That's basically the gist of it.
I just tried to distil into the post from his story, what he thinks he actually saw and cull out the opinion stuff.

Craig Anderson looks a bit similar to Edwards. Very interesting Redacted, very.

Back