Juliet Haslam steps down as Port's Head of AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

IT'S with a heavy heart that I’ve made the tough decision to prioritise my health and life balance and step down from my role as Head of AFLW at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

This job, which I love, has been all consuming and I’m proud to have been a part of building and developing our program from the ground up.

One of the key factors that has weighed on me during my time at the club, have been health issues that have been persisting and unfortunately have an unknown timeline. It’s important that I focus on these now.

It has been an honour to have been a part of the AFLW journey at our Club so far, and I feel very proud that the foundations have been firmly set in place to achieve sustained success, as expected by our passionate Port Adelaide community.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
IT'S with a heavy heart that I’ve made the tough decision to prioritise my health and life balance and step down from my role as Head of AFLW at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

This job, which I love, has been all consuming and I’m proud to have been a part of building and developing our program from the ground up.

One of the key factors that has weighed on me during my time at the club, have been health issues that have been persisting and unfortunately have an unknown timeline. It’s important that I focus on these now.

It has been an honour to have been a part of the AFLW journey at our Club so far, and I feel very proud that the foundations have been firmly set in place to achieve sustained success, as expected by our passionate Port Adelaide community.

That's sad news.

Elite athlete. Driven to succeed. Absolute professional. SA icon.

Hoping like blazes that it's not something terrible, like Kellie Finlayson's situation.

True Port bloodlines, with her and hubby both part of famous Port families. And more to the point, she really "gets" what the club is all about too.

Best wishes for her long term health.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Wishing her all the best with her health. She was a guide on a walk I was on at Cleland & she was so lovely & inspiring. We chatted football & her hockey career & it was prior to her appointment at Port.

All the best to Juliet handling her health issues. No doubt the stress of putting the AFLW program together from scratch over the last 24 months has had some impact on her ability to manage her health issues.

Once she has fully recovered from these issues, in time maybe like her father Ross, she returns to the club as a board member. She has enough qualifications to take up a spot.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned I met her at the 2000 Olympics post gold medal winning party as my mate was going out with fellow Hockeyroo Alison Peake at the time, and he got a few of us living in Sydney at the time, into the party. Last weekend I found photos from that party, which I left at 8.30am, it had started about 8pm the night before, and I have one with myself and Juliet and a couple of others. A couple of us look very seedy, but she is bright as a button.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back