Juliet Haslam steps down as Port's Head of AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Juliet could easily transfer across to the men's team once she has set up the AFLW team. She should be giving input even now. Juliet gets Port Adelaide.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
We've gone with the all teal logo and black and teal polos...way to go PAFC

When will this club ever learn?
lol, what are you on about? What "all teal" logo?

Screenshot_20211027-090415.png

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
lol, what are you on about? What "all teal" logo?

View attachment 1268607
All of the media boards splashed around the press conference and AFL media webpages are the logo over a teal background.

I know it seems pedantic, but these are areas we should be able to control our identity over...Less teal the better.
76d72ddd442ac0e4318c7776111526aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

All of the media boards splashed around the press conference and AFL media webpages are the logo over a teal background.

I know it seems pedantic, but these are areas we should be able to control our identity over...Less teal the better.

We'd have to ask Santos if they want their logo in white lettering.
1635293030930.png

They do control it and it’s a conscious decision.
You not liking it doesn’t make it a mistake.

Juliet could easily transfer across to the men's team once she has set up the AFLW team. She should be giving input even now. Juliet gets Port Adelaide.
Haslam overseeing Hinkley would be interesting. He couldn't handle it IMO. He doesn't like Darren Cahill being too involved.

Nova was a teammate for many years inc at a world cup and a few champions trophies and 1996 gold medal at Atlanta, before she switched to athletics 6 months or so after Atlanta.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks

You must have watched a completely different presser to me.

Screenshot_2021-10-27-14-15-49-960.jpeg

The only "teal" I can see is the Santos logo which, as has already been pointed out above, is actually that colour or a close match depending on how it is reproduced.

Screenshot_2021-10-27-14-20-27-032.jpeg

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
You must have watched a completely different presser to me.

View attachment 1268810

The only "teal" I can see is the Santos logo which, as has already been pointed out above, is actually that colour or a close match depending on how it is reproduced.

View attachment 1268811
Look at the logo to the left of the image I posted with the guernsey in it.

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
They do control it and it’s a conscious decision.
You not liking it doesn’t make it a mistake.
I guess you're right.

During our 150th year they got all of this right...yet less than 12 months later they reverted back. I was holding out hope we'd turned the corner.

It's a mistake in my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Head of AFLW role more like CD's role or Richo's role or combination of the two for the women's team?
Its like CD's role, but because the program is effectively starting from scratch there will be a little bit of stuff Haslam has to do early on, that probably is stuff Richo would be doing for the men's team. The early marketing and corporate stuff would be stuff CD doesn't have to do.

Is the Head of AFLW role more like CD's role or Richo's role or combination of the two for the women's team?

I would think it's more like CD's role and reporting to Richo.

Personally, I think this is an excellent appointment.
Elite sports background. :whitecheck:
Port Adelaide pedigree. :whitecheck:
International reputation :whitecheck:
Charismatic personality :whitecheck:

I'm keen to see this thing blossom under her guidance.

I guess you're right.

During our 150th year they got all of this right...yet less than 12 months later they reverted back. I was holding out hope we'd turned the corner.

It's a mistake in my eyes.

Mate, if I could click my fingers and make us black and white only from this point on, I'd do it.

However, the reality is that teal is a part of our identity now and the club is right to use it when branding us to set us apart from other teams in the AFL.

I also don't think teal is the main problem.

Back on topic... I'm glad Haslam referenced the Prison Bar guernsey and the Showdown. IMO if the AFLW side provides another opportunity to wear them, this adds weight to the pitch to AFL HQ.

*former* board member. Ross left the board a little while back.
He resigned over 2 years ago, 17-5-2019 and was replaced by Andrew Day on the same day.

Back on topic... I'm glad Haslam referenced the Prison Bar guernsey and the Showdown. IMO if the AFLW side provides another opportunity to wear them, this adds weight to the pitch to AFL HQ.

Yeah that was clever, because Richo and the club have talked about only wearing it in showdowns, so if it's good enough for the men, then the same for the women, and Port pitched to the AFL that the first AFLW showdown could have a crowd of 50,000+.

Richo and the club didn't reveal that if the season started in December and finished before Rd 1 of the men's comp in mid March, we might not have access to AO. Technically footy doesn't get access until 15th March, but you would think something would be worked out, play the first showdown after the Test and the BBL series, so late january or early February and maybe take out a couple of drop in pitches for the game.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Mate, if I could click my fingers and make us black and white only from this point on, I'd do it.

However, the reality is that teal is a part of our identity now and the club is right to use it when branding us to set us apart from other teams in the AFL.

I also don't think teal is the main problem.

As long as the men's side demand the right to wear it twice a year - a home Showdown and another game of OUR choice.

Liz Walsh wrote a one pager on Haslam in Saturday's Tiser but was never published on line. A small 6cm x 5cm type sized picture on the back page said - Juliet's Port Love Story page 83.

This last bit of the article caught my eye re the players in our NGA zones.

1639473798501.png

1639473552459.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back