Racing July Daily Punt: COVID 19 - Punters 0

Been seconds galore so far at inGlorious Goodwood and we see the last of the Group 1s of the carnival in what must be close to the worst Nassau Stakes field ever assembled. French Oaks winner Joan of Arc is the current fave but she has been dodging most of the better fillies so far this season so I am going to go with the older mare AUDARYA who was second to Love in the Prince of Wales's and was third to Tarnawa (super high in Arc betting) on a bog at Longchamp on Arc day last year.

The Richmond Stakes is for 2yos and I am going to get sucked into EBRO RIVER for the third time in three starts who has run well without winning at both Royal Ascot and the July Cup meeting. A return to soft ground can hopefully see him back into the winners circle.

The Gordon Stakes normally produces the kind of second tier 3yos that come down for the Melbourne spring and I am happy to go with WORDSWORTH who bas been chasing Hurricane Lanes tail over Third Realm who is on a long break after getting belted by Adayar at Epsom

The rejigging of Glorious Goodwood means that all the Group 1s are done now (the Nassau used to be on the Saturday) but the Friday highlight has always been the King George where BATTASH looks to do what Stradivarius couldn't and win this race for the 5th year running. He failed at Royal Ascot but approaching $3 on Betfair he just has to be a bet on SP basis alone having started $1.30 in this the last two years. His best just utterly flogs these so hopefully he can produce it.

BAAEED in the same colours is very short in the Thoroughbred Stakes but deservedly so coming off a dominant listed win at the July Cup festival. Hopefully he can continue to progress through the grades here.

The Glorious Stakes can sometimes produce a Melbourne Cup horse so big watch on the Godolphin gelding PASSION AND GLORY who comes here off a nice handicap win at Ascot - one to watch tonight and see if they say anything about his future plans.

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Last week of the season and a very average way to finish it, will still be playing a few

Death Valley:
R1. Jigsaw
R3. No Effort
R4. Buckhurst
R5. I’m Thunderstruck + Seiners Exp
R6. Ghodeline
R7. Tolemac e/w
R8. Red Santa
R9. Foxy Lady

Randwick
R3. So Wicked
R4. Savvy Legend
R6. Dick Whittington
R7. Surf Dancer
R8. The Neon Knight
R9. Spaceboy

Morphettville
R3. Blah blah blah
R4. Jyoti
R5. Carrie
R7. One More Jack
R8. Beau Rossa
R9. Noname lane

Eagle Farm
R6. Mob Buster
R9. Eloquently

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last week of the season and a very average way to finish it, will still be playing a few

Death Valley:
R1. Jigsaw
R3. No Effort
R4. Buckhurst
R6. Ghodeline
R7. Tolemac e/w
R8. Red Santa
R9. Foxy Lady

Randwick
R3. So Wicked
R4. Savvy Legend
R6. Dick Whittington
R7. Surf Dancer
R8. The Neon Knight
R9. Spaceboy

Morphettville
R3. Blah blah blah
R4. Jyoti
R5. Carrie
R7. One More Jack
R8. Beau Rossa
R9. Noname lane

Eagle Farm
R6. Mob Buster
R9. Eloquently
Cards are disgusting in Sydney and QLD as usual of late

Few interesting runners at MV, but no doubt there will be some sort of rorted track bias

If it’s leaders I can’t see in what world I’m Thunderstruck starts in the red. Smiths runner looks a bet there second up

Jeez they haven’t missed Jigsaw

**** me

Looks the best of the day anywhere but surely can’t jump sub 1.6

Racing BM 64 horses and could get standard insane Valley leaders

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Death Valley:
R1. Jigsaw
R3. No Effort
R4. Buckhurst
R6. Ghodeline
R7. Tolemac e/w
R8. Red Santa
R9. Foxy Lady

Randwick
R3. So Wicked
R4. Savvy Legend
R6. Dick Whittington
R7. Surf Dancer
R8. The Neon Knight
R9. Spaceboy

Morphettville
R3. Blah blah blah
R4. Jyoti
R5. Carrie
R7. One More Jack
R8. Beau Rossa
R9. Noname lane

Eagle Farm
R6. Mob Buster
R9. Eloquently
Every weekend for the past month I’ve been hearing last weekend of the season

Enough of this winter dross. The feature on the last day of Glorious Goodwood is the Stewards Cup - a 6f handicap sprint down the straight with 27 runners - hard pass but if your are keen I'd say the high draws have been favoured so far this week.

The only black type race is the Lilly Langry which sees WONDERFUL TONIGHT show up having squibbed the firm ground in the King George. She should utterly annhilate these and if she doesn't she should never race on anything utter than a bog again.

Back