Status
Not open for further replies.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tanking would destroy the industry

on the same page where someone brought up a jockey being suspended for exactly that...

but nah. It’s not hyperbole. A jockey tanking would destroy everything!

I’ve probably had more experience in the industry than you. So don’t be a condescending twat

The exact same sh*t was said about the afl (as I’ve said 3 times now). That tanking would kill the sport, it would lose all its gaming income, betting companies would go after it.

it’s trash. Hyperbole from people who speak to extremes.

being some mug punter doesn’t give you authority. And you claiming that you’re right and that everyone else is wrong (on a subjective matter) is laughable.

Again - if you are comparing tanking in the AFL to tanking in horse racing I don't think you understand the latter sufficiently.

I am just trying to help you understand why the stewards came up with the suspension they did rather than make emotional decisions like you seemed to want them to do.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Again - if you are comparing tanking in the AFL to tanking in horse racing I don't think you understand the latter sufficiently.
Again, that wasn’t the comparison. Did you just not read the posts, and the explicit separation, or can you literally not understand the premise?

because claiming I’m saying something I’m not doesn’t exactly make me think you’re a person worth replying to (although your constant logical fallacies are already giving that impression)

Again, that wasn’t the comparison. Did you just not read the posts, and the explicit separation, or can you literally not understand the premise?

because claiming I’m saying something I’m not doesn’t exactly make me think you’re a person worth replying to (although your constant logical fallacies are already giving that impression)

Perhaps once the Stewards decision comes out you can read it and it will put your mind at ease.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Perhaps once the Stewards decision comes out you can read it and it will put your mind at ease.
Another point I’ve already discussed. Appeal to authority fallacy.

are you just going to keep throwing out straw men and other fallacies?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Or perhaps you can move you criticisms and conjectures onto this mug punter

Hahaha on cue “appeal to authority” fallacy.

obviously hit a bit close to home.

his point isn’t even relevant. No jockey goes out there to cause falls? Who is suggesting he became a jockey with the purpose of causing a fall?

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was what Hugh did any worse than this? Or was he just unlucky that the consequences ended up being a lot worse this time

Consequences are taken into account in every court system in the world... sure you can be unlucky due to your actions causing worse consequences than another similar incident. But that doesn’t mean you discount the outcome of an event entirely.

Hahaha on cue “appeal to authority” fallacy.

obviously hit a bit close to home.

his point isn’t even relevant. No jockey goes out there to cause falls? Who is suggesting he became a jockey with the purpose of causing a fall?

My dear friend - from your emotional responses it appears you that have been hit a bit close to home in trying to frame courageous Hugh who was brave enough to get the red hot fave home from a seemingly impossible position to kick off a great Saturday for most punters.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
My dear friend - from your emotional responses it appears you that have been hit a bit close to home in trying to frame courageous Hugh who was brave enough to get the red hot fave home from a seemingly impossible position to kick off a great Saturday for most punters.
This was pretty much your response when it happened.

I’d suggest it’s more, you not handling punting losses well (and just generally liking to stir s**t judging by your responses to every poster here). You value your wallet highest. That’s fine. I don’t need to agree with you

despite you wanting to claim that every person who disagrees with you is wrong, the matter is entirely subjective (another point that has seemingly eluded you post after post)

the blokes in the rooms weren’t too happy with him saturday. But I guess that fallacy only works if the authority agrees with you, yeah?

Perhaps if some of the blokes in the room had reported this annoyance to the Stewards the suspension would have been worse - alas that appears not to have been the case.

Those most reasonably able to assess equine jurisprudence were quickly able to come to the conclusion on the day that this would be the likely length of the suspension. Some intelligent ones (such as my self) even pointed out some of the agruments that could be used by Bowman in the matter at hand in order to minimise the length of the suspension.

QED

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Perhaps if some of the blokes in the room had reported this annoyance to the Stewards the suspension would have been worse - alas that appears not to have been the case.

Those most reasonably able to assess equine jurisprudence were quickly able to come to the conclusion on the day that this would be the likely length of the suspension. Some intelligent ones (such as my self) even pointed out some of the agruments that could be used by Bowman in the matter at hand in order to minimise the length of the suspension.

QED
Did you actual read the quotes from others?

what a strange jump in conclusion. “The suspension would’ve been worse if the other jockeys actually were annoyed”
When has that ever been the case? Frankie Dettori would be permanently sidelined if “pissing off jockeys” got you suspensions

Did you actual read the quotes from others?

what a strange jump in conclusion. “The suspension would’ve been worse if the other jockeys actually were annoyed”
When has that ever been the case? Frankie Dettori would be permanently sidelined if “pissing off jockeys” got you suspensions

I only raise it because my learned colleague raised the matter before the court. I assumed he thought it was evidence that the suspension was not long enough. I apologise for wasting the court's time on this matter.

Demontim275

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
I only raise it because my learned colleague raised the matter before the court. I assumed he thought it was evidence that the suspension was not long enough. I apologise for wasting the court's time on this matter.
That doesn’t justify your assumption

you suggested a jockey supporting him was evidence that you’re correct (appeal to authority). I suggested the rooms weren’t happy with him, you then said if the rooms weren’t happy he would’ve gotten longer. Which is a huge jump in reasoning.

you don’t appear to be able to respond to what’s actual said of you. Are you being deliberately obtuse and disingenous?

That doesn’t justify your assumption

you suggested a jockey supporting him was evidence that you’re correct (appeal to authority). I suggested the rooms weren’t happy with him, you then said if the rooms weren’t happy he would’ve gotten longer. Which is a huge jump in reasoning.

you don’t appear to be able to respond to what’s actual said of you. Are you being deliberately obtuse and disingenous?

1u5zeo.gif

Alas good sir, I am just listing other legislative experts in the industry who were able to come to the same analytical conclusion I was in analysing this case. I leave it to the court of public opinion as to whether that is 'evidence' that I am correct. The only court that matters in this instance has ruled in my favour. Perhaps the court of appeal awaits us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back