Rumour Jumper Change

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
107581_aaaaa77043159364bf3d85296742a3fe.jpg
107582_35e9369a24e1b9157528621626991aea.jpg

From an ISC error. Looks good, needs the collar to be white though. Add in a number panel, get rid of the emus, and you've got yourself a proper away* kit.

*Not clash. Away.

I absolutely hate that Guernsey.

I reckon we currently have a brilliant pair of guernseys. Why change something that is already pretty damn good. Look forward - not back (we have the prison bars for that ... The best nod to the prison bars is the prison bars ... Keep it special).

From an ISC error. Looks good, needs the collar to be white though. Add in a number panel, get rid of the emus, and you've got yourself a proper away* kit.

*Not clash. Away.

Yeah nah not digging it to be honest.

*Not clash. Away.

Ugh. Kill it with fire. Well no not that bad but doesn't look good. With a white panel would be bordering on hideous.

Hard to make judgements when the variants put out are either just the panel, as per finbarr's anecdote, or just cuffs. Need a full look complete with white shorts (El_Scorcho will tell you how important shorts and socks are to the look of a kit).

I don't really understand the opposition to it as an away kit - it would literally just be the EF jumper with chevrons instead of bars.

I don't really understand the opposition to it as an away kit - it would literally just be the EF jumper with chevrons instead of bars.

The PB jumper has a lot more white regardless of the ribbing (maybe because the ribbing looks similar to the stripes). I actually think it looks better with white shorts.

The BiB just looks wrong with the white - it looks so strong with the minimal white. And the reverse BiB I think is the standout clash strip of the comp.

Whats hard to understand, people dont like the look of it. Simple.

You like it, i respect your opinion but i am with some of the others. Keep it as is and use the PBs where appropriate.

The same people that will rave on about how good the PB's with the white cuffs/collar/number panel look?

You like it, i respect your opinion but i am with some of the others. Keep it as is and use the PBs where appropriate.
I just don't get how you can go from loving a jumper (EF PBs) to rejecting another because of what's on the front despite loving that part of the home. It's not a bastardisation of the PBs or anything, in fact it doesn't really have anything to do with the PBs.

It'd be an effective away jumper and we would play in black more which the people love.

The same people that will rave on about how good the PB's with the white cuffs/collar/number panel look?

Taking two good things and fusing them together doesn't necessarily make something better.

Another day, another jumper debate..........this preseason can't end soon enough!!
I agree with the sentiment that the footy is too far way from us but, trust me, I'd argue for this during the season proper too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking two good things and fusing them together doesn't necessarily make something better.
Doesn't necessarily make something worse, either, which seems to be the implication here.

I'll have you know that lesbian is my favourite category of por-, uh, porcelain, which is a major kick in the face to your stinkin' ideology of "two good things don't make a good thing"

View attachment 109639

This would literally be it - borderline hideous? Come on now come on #carn

That's the back of the great guernsey of Australian football. It fits perfectly with the overall design.

On the back of the V basic black (remember back in black) guernsey it will look completely out of place and to me borderline hideous. It looks a jumper that doesn't know what it wants to be. You don't have to agree and that's your prerogative but you won't change my thinking on that.

I made my thoughts clear on this a few years ago when this discussion first reared its head.

Doesn't necessarily make something worse, either, which seems to be the implication here.

In my opinion it makes it worse - and I'm offering my opinion.
Aside from that it achieves bugger all. We have the best clash design in the business. Let's stop changing designs all the time.

In my opinion it makes it worse - and I'm offering my opinion.
Aside from that it achieves bugger all. We have the best clash design in the business. Let's stop changing designs all the time.
But what I'm sayin' is we keep the white jumper aswell. And the full BiB home.

That's the back of the great guernsey of Australian football. It fits perfectly with the overall design.

On the back of the V basic black (remember back in black) guernsey it will look completely out of place and to me borderline hideous. It looks a jumper that doesn't know what it wants to be. You don't have to agree and that's your prerogative but you won't change my thinking on that.

I made my thoughts clear on this a few years ago when this discussion first reared its head.
Agree to disagree, I guess. It doesn't add up to me how you think it would look out of place but eh, I can't change that.

Mind I wasn't around for the discussion of the switch to the BiB. Perhaps I'll do some digging (not bumping!)

But what I'm sayin' is we keep the white jumper aswell. And the full BiB home.

Good - so we wear the BiB as our home guernsey and the reverse of it as a clash. And when given the chance we pay our respects to our past with the Guernsey we wore in the past.

Agree to disagree, I guess. It doesn't add up to me how you think it would look out of place but eh, I can't change that.

Mind I wasn't around for the discussion of the switch to the BiB. Perhaps I'll do some digging (not bumping!)

I like spicy tomato sauce and I like ice cream.

I don't like spicy tomato sauce on ice cream. :D

Tell you what I could go with wearing the wharf pylon guernsey full time. Now there's a guernsey argument! :p

I just don't get how you can go from loving a jumper (EF PBs) to rejecting another because of what's on the front despite loving that part of the home. It's not a bastardisation of the PBs or anything, in fact it doesn't really have anything to do with the PBs.

It'd be an effective away jumper and we would play in black more which the people love.

I love the all-white away kit. We've won two finals in that kit.

And? Your point being? Are they not different jumpers?

People dont like that combination being bandied around.

I like the rear end of the 1971 XY Gt falcon. Would still look s**t on the back of a hsv clubsport. Imo that is. You and Dylan might love it, good luck to you.

I love the all-white away kit. We've won two finals in that kit.
Thanks, finny.

I'd personally prefer a good looking black alternative with a historical nod before reaching straight to a white kit for clashes. It does hold a place in my heart after those gruelling away finals though.

And? Your point being? Are they not different jumpers?

People dont like that combination being bandied around.

I like the rear end of the 1971 XY Gt falcon. Would still look s**t on the back of a hsv clubsport. Imo that is. You and Dylan might love it, good luck to you.
There's lots of things that don't mix well together. That's already been established. However, the BiB front and PB back would actually go well together, in my opinion.

It may look like a 1971 XY GT Falcon/HSV Clubsport hybrid to you, but to me it looks like Ariana Grande's face with Emily Ratajkowski's body. And my ex-girlfriends butt. She had a fantastic butt.

I think that's all there is here. Opinion. And ours differ.

Thanks, finny.

I'd personally prefer a good looking black alternative with a historical nod before reaching straight to a white kit for clashes. It does hold a place in my heart after those gruelling away finals though.

I reckon that by endorsing a sort of hybrid "prison bar/BiB" jumper as a third kit we pretty much give up any future leverage in getting to wear the old SANFL jumper. So to my mind it should be the current home and current clash/away kits with the PB's as our third kit.

The reason why the pylon jumper works is in its simplicity. The front and back have a relatively equal amount of white and black, so you can appreciate the symmetry. It LOOKS right.

It's the same with the BiB jumper. Same amount of white on front (chevron), same amount of white on back (number).

Tacking on any more white destroys it aesthetically. I'm sorry, I'm sorry...but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back