Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

In that scenario whose home game is it? If it is ours, Melbourne are in the wrong but if it was theirs it is up to us to provide a kit that is suitable

Collingwood didn't make there jumper look more like Essendon's though. If they had red stripes I'd agree

In this scenario it is Melbourne's home game, but they have created a situation where two non-clashing guernsey's suddenly clash.

Also Collingwood did make their guernsey more like Essendon's. Their normal guernsey is about 70% black compared to Essendon's guernsey which is 90% black and Collingwood's new guernsey has only made them even more black, so they are perhaps up to 80%, making them more similar to Essendon in levels of blackness.

I don't care who wins today, but I hope it's by under a goal because they of an unforced error where they kicked it directly to an opposition player. This madness has to end.

Like, I get the problem these teams have in a regular home and away game. It's idiotic, but I get it. But Anzac Day, you're coming up with a brand new design every year. It should be mind bogglingly simple: either Collingwood does a design with white as the dominant colour, or Essendon does the same with red.

Is Collingwood making some kind of point by wearing black and black stripes?
This would be a great jumper for next time the Pies wear Geelong. Add in white shorts for Geelong and it would be an amazing clash jumper.

Which means they won't do it.

Why don't Essendon have red shorts on? Or red numbers?

Depends on the colour imo. I agree that yellow shorts are hideous. Red shorts are fine with Sydney's kit but look weird with Essendon's. Blue shorts are fine
Coloured shorts are fine if they match the main colour of the jumper and still sort of work if the jumper is a white base.

Red Shorts on Red jumper looks fine Red Shorts on Black Jumper looks wrong.
Yellow / Golden Yellow Shorts would look fine on Yellow / Golden Yellow based jumpers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it's just what people are used too. I reckon if every team starting wearing coloured shorts that matched their colours we'd look back on old photos of mismatching white shorts and think they look stupid.

Like the home black shorts, which was the standard for all clubs pre colour TV.

It was also the dull colour that was the the best they could do with those 80s nut huggers. I don't think anyone could say those fairly recent Richmond and Essendon examples (which can obviously be achieved now) look bad.

Coloured shorts are fine if they match the main colour of the jumper and still sort of work if the jumper is a white base.

Red Shorts on Red jumper looks fine Red Shorts on Black Jumper looks wrong.
Yellow / Golden Yellow Shorts would look fine on Yellow / Golden Yellow based jumpers.

291D85E0-BA53-45BE-8FD3-11D1CDE09C93.jpeg

Here we have two other teams with mostly black home kits, and yet one is in an almost completely white away strip (which is great). So why the difference? Why can't the saints play in their home with white shorts?

Here we have two other teams with mostly black home kits, and yet one is in an almost completely white away strip (which is great). So why the difference? Why can't the saints play in their home with white shorts?
I think something like this would look even better vs Port.

stkilda-crusader-v3.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back