Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree there’s no clash, just seems pointless to wear yellow at all when there are so many other choices. Shouldn’t complain though, looks great on the TV.
It's just as pointless to change colours to remove a clash that doesn't exist.

Genuine question, is yellow the default colour for the umpires?
Lime green has been the default for umpires since about 2012.
This is what they wore last night.

This year, one match most weekends in the second half of the season the umpires have worn yellow shirts with plain grey shorts (no side-panel) and lime green socks, as part of the sponsorship with Chemist warehouse.
One or two games they wore red shirts with a yellow shoulderblade, grey shorts and socks, not long after the CW deal started.
For Richmond "clash jumper" games this year they've worn a darker green shirt with the default shorts and socks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recently saw a Youtube video of part of a 1989 match at Carrara between the Brisbane Bears and Hawthorn, and the Bears were wearing their gold jumper with the maroon BB insignia, number and trimmings, and Hawthorn their yellow jumper with brown stripes and number.

Aside from the Hawks' yellow socks and the Bears' maroon socks, this was one of the worst jumper clashes ever.

Check out this pearler from 2004

Not sure if this was the game or not, but it got brought up on the WCE podcast that one day the bloke who was responsible for taking all the kits over to Melbourne brought over the wrong kits for a Bulldogs game.

They had to go to some random jumper supplier in Melbourne, it was almost impossible for them to tell each other apart on the field apparently

Pretty sure we switched our colours around in 1989 too because of the same team. You'd think that Hawthorn would've provided the template of what to avoid, but clearly not.

Bears especially, as their colours were originally brown and gold before switching to cerise and gold.

Bit like how the Gold Coast chose Red Blue and Gold as their colours, good thing there wasn't already a team with red blue and gold based in Adelaide and a team up the M1 that's maroon blue and gold *shakes head*

Bears especially, as their colours were originally brown and gold before switching to cerise and gold.

Bit like how the Gold Coast chose Red Blue and Gold as their colours, good thing there wasn't already a team with red blue and gold based in Adelaide and a team up the M1 that's maroon blue and gold *shakes head*
Clashing with Adelaide is minor as it's not like Adelaide's main colour is red. Carlton and Geelong have the same colours with no issues, after all.

Clashing with Adelaide is minor as it's not like Adelaide's main colour is red. Carlton and Geelong have the same colours with no issues, after all.
I know, but given how many options they had (when they were deciding I sent them a submission to partner with Southport including use of their name and colours, never got an email back). I daresay a re-brand isn't that far off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back