Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

A Dee's/ Doggies fan might remember the exact game, but it was a AFL women's round match 5 or 6 years ago where the umpires and one teams players had the same socks and shorts on. Players were picking ball up off the ground for a handball a firing it straight to the umpires - that was fine by the AFL, but Hawthorn needs a clash jumper because..... well money, that's why.

EDIT: Pink umpire jersey's and Dee's jumpers with pink on them - Round 7, 2010.

Last edited:
May just be me, but I can't watch Sydney v GWS games. Red back v orange back, both with a splash of white on the front. Screws with my brain.

Yep, I don't like this one either. GWS need a black or grey alternate when playing the Swans away.

Richmond v Carlton isn't a bad clash, but i'd put it in the minor clash category that the AFL puts their fingers in their ears about. Any other professional sporting league in the world would have Carlton in their alternate.

There was this doozy from the last game at Football Park:

cOZpt63.jpg

I always come back to this one. Actively seeking a clash.

Shills for AFL house out in force tonight.

White shorts away did the trick for a century but there are too many ******s who actually care how overseas competetions do thing
Sounds like you are towing the AFL house line mate, thinking Melbourne clubs are above the rules while my little old club Geelong can't even wear our home shorts anymore (bar one or two games here and there).

Maybe I need a bigger TV but Richmond Carlton certainly looked like a clash to me tonight. I was just surprised they didn’t put the umpires in black or dark blue to top it off.

I’m convinced the person in charge of clashes at AFL house is the personification of this emoji :drunk:

May just be me, but I can't watch Sydney v GWS games. Red back v orange back, both with a splash of white on the front. Screws with my brain.
I hate it. Visually painful.

The cynic in me thinks that they AFL don't want either club in a clash jumper when the two derbies are marquee games for the Sydney audience.

They don't want casual Sydney fans not recognising their team. Shame because it's an easy fix for the Swans away games - put them in the beautiful old South Melbourne style jumpers and the Giants don't lack for away jumpers either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No clash.

Advertising logos were completely different.

If there is still a clash, next time Richmond could be sponsored by Red Rooster and Carlton by Thirsty Camel (all with Sportsbet and BET360 as the different sports sponsors) and all will be well........................................

A Dee's/ Doggies fan might remember the exact game, but it was a AFL women's round match 5 or 6 years ago where the umpires and one teams players had the same socks and shorts on. Players were picking ball up off the ground for a handball a firing it straight to the umpires - that was fine by the AFL, but Hawthorn needs a clash jumper because..... well money, that's why.

EDIT: Pink umpire jersey's and Dee's jumpers with pink on them - Round 7, 2010.
Was there and Melbourne were all over the Dogs too. Could justifiably say we lost because of that bs.

If it was a Grand Final, Essendon would have been in a clash strip also.
We've never worn a clash strip against Adelaide so I highly doubt it.
There were multiple examples where players did reflex handballs straight to the opposition!
Players turnover the ball like that in most games. I'd put it down to players being a bit rusty

I always thought it was a stupid “tradition” thing, we don’t want to put a different jumper on a club where it’s two big traditional clubs playing.

Then last year Richmond lift a premiership cup in a high-vis labourers singlet. So tradition doesn’t matter there.

I would have thought after the Grand Final, these ridiculous clashes would have been a thing of the past. If a "traditional" team in Richmond can wear a clash jumper in a Grand Final without kicking up a stink, there was no excuse for Carlton not to wear the all-grey kit last night.

can't they get it right? ]]
someone else said something right.. It is a jubilation of perfection..

no don't always complain and then you will never be disappointed. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back